Hello, first time grower.

• Thread starter deerman12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deerman12

deerman12

Hello, I am in Missouri. I am US Army Veteran. I am looking for growing knowledge and help. I currently have have four seedlings, small tent set up. I will post pictures as the progress. I am interested in starting a small seed reserve instead of paying $15-20 a seed every time. I do plan on cloning for my second grow this year. My seeds are all fem auto, Critical Jack, Gorilla Glue, Sour Diesel and Do Si Dos. Any advice is appreciated. Have a great day.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

welcome, if you plan on cloning you want to work with photoperiods not automatic. Same with making fem seeds with colloidal silver or sts easier with photoperiods than automatics.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I just buy seeds. It's easier and I can try many different strains. I've never paid more than $10 per seed and the sellers frequently add extra seeds. The last seeds we bought, we paid $40 for four Amnesia Haze and received four more seeds of two other strains for no additional cost. That said I'm thinking cloning would be easier than growing my own seeds, but there are many here who can help with either. Will you be growing outside or inside?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I have a small 3x3 growing tent. Thank you for you reply.
First off, thank you for your service!!!

As was mentioned, use photo period seeds if you're going to be archiving.

IMO, grow a few cultivars first to see what you like then you can keep those genetics by taking clone cuts and mother them so you have that cultivar available to you.

While growing those first few cultivars from seed you're going to get some males. Separate them but grow them to full maturation and save the pollen. When you know which cultivars you like you can take the pollen you collected from that same cultivar and pollinate the entire plant. Depending on the size of the plant you should have enough seeds off that one plant to grow from seed for years to come. The seeds will come in handy when you get tired of the strain and decide to flower the mother to make room for new mothers. If you decide later on you want to grow that cultivar again you have the seeds and the genetics.

deerman12

deerman12

First off, thank you for your service!!!

As was mentioned, use photo period seeds if you're going to be archiving.

IMO, grow a few cultivars first to see what you like then you can keep those genetics by taking clone cuts and mother them so you have that cultivar available to you.

While growing those first few cultivars from seed you're going to get some males. Separate them but grow them to full maturation and save the pollen. When you know which cultivars you like you can take the pollen you collected from that same cultivar and pollinate the entire plant. Depending on the size of the plant you should have enough seeds off that one plant to grow from seed for years to come. The seeds will come in handy when you get tired of the strain and decide to flower the mother to make room for new mothers. If you decide later on you want to grow that cultivar again you have the seeds and the genetics.
Thank you for the reply and the information. I appreciate it. Thanks for the welcome.

BB22

BB22

I’m new here too. Welcome.

I’m a Veteran also. I never say “thanks for your service”.

Don’t care for it when people say it to me. Honestly it makes me cringe.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Hello, I am in Missouri. I am US Army Veteran. I am looking for growing knowledge and help. I currently have have four seedlings, small tent set up. I will post pictures as the progress. I am interested in starting a small seed reserve instead of paying $15-20 a seed every time. I do plan on cloning for my second grow this year. My seeds are all fem auto, Critical Jack, Gorilla Glue, Sour Diesel and Do Si Dos. Any advice is appreciated. Have a great day.
Welcome to the farm!

Latest posts

Top Bottom