Hello from Missouri...

• Thread starter Canibus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I totally agree but op is new to growing and a tent offers an easy, inexpensive, flexible, and light proof way to divide up their 13x10 space. Fwiw, I only suggested one 8x4 for veg and recommended using the remaining open area for flowering. I grow in an area thats about 24x15, if your are telling me there is a easy light proof way to divide it and the op's room thats not permanent and costs less or even as much as a tent then I'm sold.
I use blackout curtains and make wood frames covered in panda plastic. If I had the space and money I'd make 1x 2" frames ceiling to floor one side panda plastic or mylar a 5x 8 for flower a 3 ft space between and a 5x 8 for veg and seedlings or whatever space + 2ft on either end gives you a work space your lighting will cover for flower. Seedlings and vegging plants can use the same space with seedlings below and vegging plants above. the 3ft space between for work area. Please excuse the sloppy pic this was quick.

Plant room layout
FourthCity

FourthCity

I use blackout curtains and make wood frames covered in panda plastic. If I had the space and money I'd make 1x 2" frames ceiling to floor one side panda plastic or mylar a 5x 8 for flower a 3 ft space between and a 5x 8 for veg and seedlings or whatever space + 2ft on either end gives you a work space your lighting will cover for flower. Seedlings and vegging plants can use the same space with seedlings below and vegging plants above. the 3ft space between for work area. Please excuse the sloppy pic this was quick.
I think this is a great way to do it if you are handy and can make it work but I still have trouble believing it would be much cheaper than a tent. Also curious how you access each area through the curtains, are they still on rails so you can slide them open or do you do it another way? I would love to do something like this for my grow area but haven't been able to come up with a cost effective way to make it happen that is both light proof and allows easy ingress and egress.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think this is a great way to do it if you are handy and can make it work but I still have trouble believing it would be much cheaper than a tent. Also curious how you access each area through the curtains, are they still on rails so you can slide them open or do you do it another way? I would love to do something like this for my grow area but haven't been able to come up with a cost effective way to make it happen that is both light proof and allows easy ingress and egress.
I look at 5'x10' x7' tents around $300 each,or Some 1x2 pine $30, screws $10,panda plastic $50 Staples & stapler $25, blackout curtains or fabric $50. Even if my estimates are off by 100% its still less than 1 tent. I get the tent thing, its clean its simple and its contained but good equipment can be expensive and I personally would rather spend more on equipment and less to contain it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I look at 5'x10' x7' tents around $300 each,or Some 1x2 pine $30, screws $10,panda plastic $50 Staples & stapler $25, blackout curtains or fabric $50. Even if my estimates are off by 100% its still less than 1 tent. I get the tent thing, its clean its simple and its contained but good equipment can be expensive and I personally would rather spend more on equipment and less to contain it.
I use frames I built 5x5 hinged together 4 of them makes a square with one 5x5 I use as a door, The black out curtains I use over lap each other & only attached to the ceiling on the frame that I open So the door is 5'ft wide. When each room is blacked out by the curtains there's no light leakage between them so opening one doesn't effect the other. Its just my inexpensive method of creating separate rooms without costing me much to do it. The OP could use drywall to wall off each room inexpensively and panda plastic or mylar stapled to the studs.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I totally agree but op is new to growing and a tent offers an easy, inexpensive, flexible, and light proof way to divide up their 13x10 space. Fwiw, I only suggested one 8x4 for veg and recommended using the remaining open area for flowering. I grow in an area thats about 24x15, if your are telling me there is a easy light proof way to divide it and the op's room thats not permanent and costs less or even as much as a tent then I'm sold.
I missed the part of using only 1 tent, that makes more sense and gives lots of room for the flower room. I like that, I didn't see the whole picture thinking 2 big tents not 1. oops just ignore my posts. Nothing to see here folks move along now.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
greetings, also from missouri and currently setting up a small tent and a box. i'm doing hydroponics in both. i got lucky and found some good clones and was able to pop 4 out of 8 female seeds i found on my travels. the seedlings are looking strong big fat leafs etc, clones are jamming along as well. right now i have all 8 in a supercloset grow box till i move the bigger stuff to the tent. thing i having the most difficulty with right now is keeping the humidity up? i think the exhaust fan is pulling to much air? using oil filled heaters to avoid dry heat, it's been cold at night. anyway since i saw a bunch of missouri guys here i thought this would be the jam to introduce myself.

my next question, suggestion for us here in missouri is this. has anyone considered offering some classes, you know hands on stuff. i know i would be willing to cough up some loot and get to watch first hand cloning, pruning and some other crazy words i found around here, i'm sure if promoted it would be a huge success. also be able to make some friends and share some stuff.
cheers

FourthCity

FourthCity

my next question, suggestion for us here in missouri is this. has anyone considered offering some classes, you know hands on stuff.
Not trying to break any rules advertising but I'm a cultivation consultant in the St. Louis area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom