Hello from Missouri...

• Thread starter Canibus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Canibus

Show me how to grow! I’m a newbie who just revived my license to grow at home. I’m allowed up to 18 plants with no more than 6 flowering at one time. How would an expert set up my home grow? I have a big laundry room that I’m currently using as guest bedroom (13’x10’) which I’ll be removing the bed and converting into a grow room. I already have a 240v powerbox for my 3-prong outlet. That’s my start. lol...any suggestions???

Hello from missouri
C

Canibus

First off not an expert but I do have some knowledge to offer. I'm too am MO med patient.
I'd say you have to give us some more info

Budget?
Going soil or hydro?
Goals in terms of yield?
How tall is your room?
My Budget is around 5k to start and I could add to it later in a month or so before I flower anything. My ceiling is 8ft tall. As far as my yield, I can’t have no more than 112g of cured flower at one time, so I’m more focused on growing the best quality I can with a perpetual harvest set up.

FourthCity

FourthCity

My Budget is around 5k to start and I could add to it later in a month or so before I flower anything. My ceiling is 8ft tall. As far as my yield, I can’t have no more than 112g of cured flower at one time, so I’m more focused on growing the best quality I can with a perpetual harvest set up.
Untitled 1

Good news, unless I've been reading it wrong we are allowed to possess 336 grams or 12 ounces at a time! For a perpetual grow in that space you'll want at least one tent so you can have separate areas for both veg and flower lighting. Considering the limitation on the number of plants, if you want to enjoy a variety of strains I would recommend hydroponics for the quicker turn around time alone. LED lighting will help you save a ton of money on a/c versus hps or cmh during our hot humid summers. The deep water culture (dwc) bucket system is very straight forward, easy to diy if you want, and as each plant has its own reservoir you can flexibly stagger them into rotation within the imposed legal limits. You certainly have the space to max out the number of plants and stockpile that 12oz if you want to.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
112g, dang that’s half a plant! First off, welcome to the farm.
Now to the nitty gritty;
Figure out strains; what would you like to grow.
Indica is usually a shorter plant ; great for pain management
Sativa is a larger taller plant genome, more room, more of a daytime use product
Hybrids can offer a great balance.
Once you have whittled down to what strain I may want to run or a mixture
We can talk about conditions, media and nutrients, and the biggest cost, light/power.
Safe bet. Led/ or even a good CMH light.
Then let’s talk about conditions; environment, heating / cooling, humidity control and exhaust. Look into carbon filters and how you will exhaust out of the grow area and bring is fresh air.
Media, soil / alternative media, like coco or rock wool types like pindstrup or go soiless, hydro.
Then we need to figure out the build. Is the floors water tight?
Are the walls and ceiling able to take the moisture loads?
lots of very basic things to do
Figure out a clone/ seed area, a veg area, then a flower area. Also take into account drying and curing / trim space.
Think about plumbing, waste out fresh water into, nutrients mixing and storage.
Divide the space up.
The clone and seed area can be tiny, a few 2x2x5 tents to house babies, simple led or florescent lights. Fans above the canopy, smaller exhaust fan pulling air out.
Veg can be half the space built out light proofed. Go for a perpetual type grow.
Every 10 days start a clone or every 5 days a seed., say u want 6 in flower at any given time but I’d worry about the 112g limits. I really think due to the quantity restrictions, look in auto flower genome/ pheno. They yield lower, you can have a single space with no worries about lights leaking messing up what’s in veg and flower.
So if you can get back with what you wanna do, the community will help u along the way

FourthCity

FourthCity

I really think due to the quantity restrictions, look in auto flower genome/ pheno. They yield lower, you can have a single space with no worries about lights leaking messing up what’s in veg and flower.
Hey Jack, nothing wrong with autos in general but a couple points specific to the original posters situation and others in Missouri:

First, while the law allows us 18 plants total, only 6 can be flowering at a time. Any autos growing in addition to the first 6 might be in violation of the law even if they are tiny and just have pistols at the nodes.

Second, while you can technically clone an auto, for many reasons that I wont get into in this thread, they do not grow like clones from standard photoperiod plants and will not produce anything useful. If you want to preserve your best genetics and have your perpetual continue without buying seeds every time, autos wont be a viable option.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hey Jack, nothing wrong with autos in general but a couple points specific to the original posters situation and others in Missouri:

First, while the law allows us 18 plants total, only 6 can be flowering at a time. Any autos growing in addition to the first 6 might be in violation of the law even if they are tiny and just have pistols at the nodes.

Second, while you can technically clone an auto, for many reasons that I wont get into in this thread, they do not grow like clones from standard photoperiod plants and will not produce anything useful. If you want to preserve your best genetics and have your perpetual continue without buying seeds every time, autos are wont be a viable option.
Copy that, weird way they have the totals worked out makes for shit yields. Hell one good plant will yield more then you can legally have. I don’t do much or any autos.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Copy that, weird way they have the totals worked out makes for shit yields. Hell one good plant will yield more then you can legally have. I don’t do much or any autos.
Its not so bad if you stagger them just right and can smoke it fast enough....
Also, not sure if you saw where I mentioned the possession limit is more likely 12oz.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I run a perpetual like asked about in this thread with a plant harvested every week or two to stay in a 12 plant count and honestly we were only allowed 2.5 oz of usable marijuana as silly as that sounds up until this year we voted rec and new amounts are allowed now.

We labeled drying and curing flowers so it appeared we only had a couple ounces ready at any time.

My thread is below in my signiture if you are interested in the simple method i have implemented.

C

Canibus

View attachment 906841
Good news, unless I've been reading it wrong we are allowed to possess 336 grams or 12 ounces at a time! For a perpetual grow in that space you'll want at least one tent so you can have separate areas for both veg and flower lighting. Considering the limitation on the number of plants, if you want to enjoy a variety of strains I would recommend hydroponics for the quicker turn around time alone. LED lighting will help you save a ton of money on a/c versus hps or cmh during our hot humid summers. The deep water culture (dwc) bucket system is very straight forward, easy to diy if you want, and as each plant has its own reservoir you can flexibly stagger them into rotation within the imposed legal limits. You certainly have the space to max out the number of plants and stockpile that 12oz if you want to.
View attachment 906841

Thanks You for this information. 12oz it is then.

C

Canibus

Due to being a beginner, I’m leaning towards organic soil or a soil-less mix rather than a hydro setup. I’m willing to experiment with that later after I get the basics down. Also due to the limit restrictions, I plan on getting a few tents to separate flower from veg rather than converting the full room for flower space. As far as lights, I’m leaning toward a led (hlg 550 v2) for flower (unsure about how many I need tho or how big of flower tent I should do. Will one light in a 4x4 be enough for my needs?) I already have 1 4ft 8 lamp t5 fixture for veg or clones, but I’m sure I need some more. Can I keep veg, seedlings/clones, and mother all in same space? Or should these be in separate tents for different growing conditions?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Its not so bad if you stagger them just right and can smoke it fast enough....
Also, not sure if you saw where I mentioned the possession limit is more likely 12oz.
I dig your vibe! Lol smoke that everyday! Man I’d be one stoned fuxcker

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Due to being a beginner, I’m leaning towards organic soil or a soil-less mix rather than a hydro setup. I’m willing to experiment with that later after I get the basics down. Also due to the limit restrictions, I plan on getting a few tents to separate flower from veg rather than converting the full room for flower space. As far as lights, I’m leaning toward a led (hlg 550 v2) for flower (unsure about how many I need tho or how big of flower tent I should do. Will one light in a 4x4 be enough for my needs?) I already have 1 4ft 8 lamp t5 fixture for veg or clones, but I’m sure I need some more. Can I keep veg, seedlings/clones, and mother all in same space? Or should these be in separate tents for different growing conditions?
Always test out things in increments

FourthCity

FourthCity

I'd recommend an 8x4 tent for your veg space, with the hlg and t5 light you mentioned. This will give you enough space to veg your allotted plants, leave some room to maneuver, and will allow your plants to breath better than a 4x4. You could put the hlg on one side for the bigger plants and use the t5 on the other side for any seedlings, clones or mothers. The fewer tents you have the less you need to spend on inline fans and the electricity to run them. If you can use the rest of the room as an open flowering area (assuming its light sealed) your buds will thank you for the extra airflow. You will need another light for the flowering area and an additional hlg 550 would be just fine for 6 medium sized plants.

Now about soil or soil-less being more beginner friendly, I'm not going to tell you that hydroponics is easier but it truly does not need to be any more difficult either. Look into all the different methods and see what works best for your needs and preferences because that's what it really comes down to. The basics on these methods overlap less than you might think, my very first grow I did both side by side and it really helped me appreciate the differences. I prefer hydro because of the faster growth, the nutrients are inexpensive and straightforward to use, I can measure their ratio in the reservoirs at any time and adjust as needed, I don't have to deal with purchasing and moving large messy bags of soil around my house, and I can leave for days on end without having to worry about making sure the plants get watered.

C

Canibus

FourthCity: Why does this letter have 8oz instead of 4 or 12??? a mistake by law enforcement or is this the law?

040507E8 7C94 4C5C 9655 5B5C1C7CF3E8
FourthCity

FourthCity

FourthCity: Why does this letter have 8oz instead of 4 or 12??? a mistake by law enforcement or is this the law?
The letter is correct and has some great info too, nice find! Look back at the section between the two areas I highlighted in my earlier post (I didn't highlight this portion at the time because it wasn't relevant to our discussion). It says that if you are a patient like the person mentioned in the letter, without being an "authorized cultivator" you may only possess a 60-day supply or 8 oz. You stated that you have your cultivation license so you should be good on the full 12oz (again, unless I'm misunderstanding what it says).

Make sure you keep your cultivation license hanging in the grow area, and maybe make and keep multiple copies of your medical card for your wallet/purse, car, junk drawer, etc. I just want to point out to anyone still researching growing in Missouri that these are two separate documents that will need to be available if DHSS schedules a visit or if you have an unscheduled one by law enforcement. Not to go off on too much of a tangent but since we are talking about compliance, each of the plants have to be clearly labeled with the patients name as well.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Just to be clear on the limits, my interpretation is:

Patients (not growing)
Purchase up to 4oz bud/32gr concentrates per month
Purchase up to 1oz bud/8gr concentrates per day
Possess up to 8oz bud/64gr concentrates at home (60 day supply)
Possess up to 1oz bud/8gr concentrates in original sealed packaging while traveling

Authorized Cultivators
Possess up to 12oz bud/96gr concentrates at home per patient(90 day supply for up to three patients including yourself)
Possess up to 1oz bud/8gr concentrates in original sealed packaging while traveling

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just to be clear on the limits, my interpretation is:

Patients (not growing)
Possess up to 8oz bud/64gr concentrates at home (60 day supply)

Authorized Cultivators
Possess up to 12oz bud/96gr concentrates at home per patient(90 day supply for up to three patients including yourself)
Just my 2 bits but why a tent? Dvided rooms give more room for equipment and space to move around your plants. tents seem so restrictive to me. If you have that kind of budget don't waste it on tents imho. lights,humidifiers,dehumidifiers, air conditioners, intake fans,exhaust fans, oscillating fans, reverse osmosis if needed +++. Lots of nice equipment you could get and divide your room up 2-3 zones for a couple hundred bucks with working space to boot.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Just my 2 bits but why a tent? Dvided rooms give more room for equipment and space to move around your plants. tents seem so restrictive to me. If you have that kind of budget don't waste it on tents imho. lights,humidifiers,dehumidifiers, air conditioners, intake fans,exhaust fans, oscillating fans, reverse osmosis if needed +++. Lots of nice equipment you could get and divide your room up 2-3 zones for a couple hundred bucks with working space to boot.
I totally agree but op is new to growing and a tent offers an easy, inexpensive, flexible, and light proof way to divide up their 13x10 space. Fwiw, I only suggested one 8x4 for veg and recommended using the remaining open area for flowering. I grow in an area thats about 24x15, if your are telling me there is a easy light proof way to divide it and the op's room thats not permanent and costs less or even as much as a tent then I'm sold.

Latest posts

Top Bottom