Hello from northern Ontario!

• Thread starter Prospector
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prospector

Prospector

Hey all been growing for a while now, and now it legal here woo hoo... same grow, less stress lol. Been propagating my own seeds for years and this is the first year I buy some and wow.,. gotta say its good to introduce new blood! Our season is a bit short up here so I'm experimenting with autoflowers this year for the first time and am LOVING it!

Dasnip

Dasnip

Hey all been growing for a while now, and now it legal here woo hoo... same grow, less stress lol. Been propagating my own seeds for years and this is the first year I buy some and wow.,. gotta say its good to introduce new blood! Our season is a bit short up here so I'm experimenting with autoflowers this year for the first time and am LOVING it!
Welcome one of my previous neighbors of the Des trois, hopefully you're one of those folks that grow not to make it rain but for the beauty of the plant? 😎

Prospector

Prospector

Generally I grow for a number of reasons.. First off, I love growing things, I love growing things that produce something I can use.. (I keep bees and make maple syrup also!) I grow so that friends and family don't have to buy. Especially now that I can give 30g away at a time legally! My wifes mother is 90 and and constant pain at that age, we keep her supplied with edibles, no way she could afford them otherwise.

Dasnip

Dasnip

Generally I grow for a number of reasons.. First off, I love growing things, I love growing things that produce something I can use.. (I keep bees and make maple syrup also!) I grow so that friends and family don't have to buy. Especially now that I can give 30g away at a time legally! My wifes mother is 90 and and constant pain at that age, we keep her supplied with edibles, no way she could afford them otherwise.
That is exactly what I'm talking about 🙂

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Where abouts in Northern O...Timmins? I've spent a lot of time up that way over the years. Just curious. :)

Rooke

Rooke

Welcome fellow Ontario grower! I hope your auto flowers do well up there. Is the season so short that you can’t grow photo period plants up there if you start them inside? Not that I’m against auto’s just wondering.

Prospector

Prospector

No.. the seasons long enough Early May to mid late sept.. biggest problem is dealing with mold at the very end when it gets dewy and colder in the evenings. Always a challenge. A bit easier now that its legal, can grow in more open spots now with more breeze.

Rooke

Rooke

No.. the seasons long enough Early May to mid late sept.. biggest problem is dealing with mold at the very end when it gets dewy and colder in the evenings. Always a challenge. A bit easier now that its legal, can grow in more open spots now with more breeze.
hey there I have the same issue with the humidity here I just hope we have a long warm fall like 2015

Prospector

Prospector

At the end I have a small greenhouse.. id keep a fan going as well as a dehumidifier...

K

Kajacmac1

Yes hard to grow in the north. We all know short season here sucks!!! Autoflowers are perfect!

IMG 20190811 105217 01
Prospector

Prospector

LOL.. Yes, Im seeing autoflowers alot in my future... I just ordered a dozen bubba cheesa regular auto flowers. Gonna let a couple go to seed and then ill have a seed bank for a few years.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, I'm new here as well, It's great now that we can come out from the shadows. I'm a 67 year old Nova Scotian transplanted here from Vancouver B.C. 25 years ago and the weather here sucks. As you said the growing season is too short to allow them to ripen, with fog,cold & mold. I gave up trying outdoors, with these new (to me) Auto flowers I might have to rethink that though, it would be nice to get some free energy for a change. Anyways Greetings from the East and I hope you get a long warm Fall to let your girls flourish.

Oh, and how does your location get the North Ontario classification? I just looked at the map and you're only about 230 miles from the USA border in a province a couple of thousand miles long, seems south to me lol wtf's up with that?

Last edited:
Prospector

Prospector

LOL.. We are considered the gateway to the north lol.. but your correct... were the southernest part of the north!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
LOL.. We are considered the gateway to the north lol.. but your correct... were the southernest part of the north!
Well Southern Ontario is getting the short end of the stick there isn't it? Is there such a thing as S Ontario or is the rest of it just Ontario? I'm so confused, lol time for another bowl.

K

Kajacmac1

LOL.. Yes, Im seeing autoflowers alot in my future... I just ordered a dozen bubba cheesa regular auto flowers. Gonna let a couple go to seed and then ill have a seed bank for a few years.
Awesome. I get alot of auto flowers and are way better. 45 day turn around is great lol. Here's 2 green crack auto feminzed. They are 4 weeks old. My seed guys amazing. How's the plants now going?

K

Kajacmac1

Hi, I'm new here as well, It's great now that we can come out from the shadows. I'm a 67 year old Nova Scotian transplanted here from Vancouver B.C. 25 years ago and the weather here sucks. As you said the growing season is too short to allow them to ripen, with fog,cold & mold. I gave up trying outdoors, with these new (to me) Auto flowers I might have to rethink that though, it would be nice to get some free energy for a change. Anyways Greetings from the East and I hope you get a long warm Fall to let your girls flourish.

Oh, and how does your location get the North Ontario classification? I just looked at the map and you're only about 230 miles from the USA border in a province a couple of thousand miles long, seems south to me lol wtf's up with that?
Hahah the climate sucks. Weather is up and down. Did good clones this year of mother tho. Did 140 clones 2 died so no to bad. Yeah hard on East coast with the climate. Indoors not hard with good venting and decent hps lighting

Top Bottom