Hello From The Emerald Triangle

• Thread starter Shegrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shegrows

Shegrows

Hi- I'm a 3rd generation green thumb. In fact I was conceived on a "farm" out in Southern Humboldt on Kings Ridge. A well known place in Northern Ca for producing some of the very best and first big outdoor scenes.
I have done many different types of farming. From light deps in Spring time (I.e pulling tarps over Green Houses outdoors), to long season (full sun of green house Summer time natural light cycle to flower). To indoor (but in the hills and we ran 20 k lights off a 15k propane generator). This was in my early 20's. I am a PNW grown girl from Seattle WA to Humboldt CA.
I now live on the coast here in CA and do cloning and breeding my own strains. I like doing babies and breeding over large scale ops bc I have a two year old son. He likes to garden too. We have chickens, dog, a horse, and a 20x10 green house that I "test" my strains in. I'm new to these types of forums bc we were brought up not to talk publicly about what your doing. But times are changing and this life style isn't considered (at least here in Humboldt) dangerous of bad. Plus I love to get some feedback. And who doesn't need help every now and then. Looking forward to trying this out.
Happy farming, and also happy 4/20!
Fun fact: I lived in a magic school bus parked on the top of a Mountian when i did my first official big scene! It was crazy work, but the knowledge I gained was

alaskind

alaskind

Right on! I like that U are feeling more open to discussion... its cathartic to people that have lived in silence about part of their lives. Ive spent about 4 years in Mendo, around willits and covelo... anyway welcome to the farm ..... great peeps here...

alaskind

alaskind

I love that area... nothing like the coast south of Fort Bragg ... one of my favorite places on earth is Albion... maybe someday I can get a place there......

Quagmire

Quagmire

How very cool you feel comfortable enough to share something you've grown up loving.. I can't begin to imagine the strains you've seen during all these years. I grew up in Vegas and remember stuff we got from Humboldt in the late 70's early 80's we simply called Kind Bud.. Lime green with purple tips and stunk so bad a 1/4lb upstairs in a safe and when friends walked in they'd go, oh yeah, Kind Bud is in town. Of course an OZ back then was $175.. Man this brings back memories, got to visit a grow there once and I never thought I'd be looking skyward at plants.. I swear they were 20ft plants and people tend not to believe me but it was such an unreal sight. When you sniffed the buds the tip of your nose would turn purple if you touched it.. Thanks for coming aboard and for the walk thru the past.. Can't wait to see what your into.. Quag

Power OG

Power OG

Welcome @Shegrows sounds like we can learn alil from you. Respect
Positive Vibes

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
Welcome to the farm @Shegrows , sounds like we have some things in common. ;) I'm a 5th generation Humboldt local, 3rd gen greenthumb, 2nd gen pot farmer on all sides of my family...been in the trenches my entire life. Kids like us have some stories to tell no doubt. Hope you're enjoying the new freedoms that are opening up in our world & beyond. :)

Shegrows

Shegrows

I already feel like I made a good choice to join! I love reading others questions bc you can get so much info ! It's a great community of farmers here, and I notice that half the questions I've asked Google are threads on this page where people are talking about said question/problem/ect!

Latest posts

Top Bottom