Hello From the PNW

• Thread starter fuego.de.basurero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fuego.de.basurero

fuego.de.basurero

Hello everyone! Been lurking for a bit and decided to join. Seems like a good knowledgable crew here. Growing small scale a handful of years here in the Pacific Northwest. Nothing fancy. Start inside late winter / early spring, move to hot house once real cold weather has passed and then into the ground late June / early July. Really just following the process we use for tomatoes, peppers, etc. Usually plant whatever clones or seeds seem to be floating around. Pretty much the figure it out as I go method 🙃

A few pics from previous years...
Hello from the pnw

Hello from the pnw 2

Hello from the pnw 3

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello everyone! Been lurking for a bit and decided to join. Seems like a good knowledgable crew here. Growing small scale a handful of years here in the Pacific Northwest. Nothing fancy. Start inside late winter / early spring, move to hot house once real cold weather has passed and then into the ground late June / early July. Really just following the process we use for tomatoes, peppers, etc. Usually plant whatever clones or seeds seem to be floating around. Pretty much the figure it out as I go method 🙃

A few pics from previous years...View attachment 1268153
View attachment 1268154
View attachment 1268156
Welcome to the farm… great looking buds there sir

tobh

tobh

Supporter
welcome fellow PNWer! this year has been all kinds of fucky. debated trying to do an outdoor run then we had all that rain so late in the season, didn't even bother planting veggies this year. didn't think anything would have time to size up and produce well enough to warrant the effort.

fuego.de.basurero

fuego.de.basurero

Welcome to the farm… great looking buds there sir
Thank you!
welcome fellow PNWer! this year has been all kinds of fucky. debated trying to do an outdoor run then we had all that rain so late in the season, didn't even bother planting veggies this year. didn't think anything would have time to size up and produce well enough to warrant the effort.

Yeah, brutal year on the veggies. I normally grow most of our own produce late winter into early summer but this year was a bust. Kale and spinach bolted immediately. Brassicas stunted. Lettuce did fantastic though! The cannabis did fine as it was still inside and missed the late rain and freezing temps. Since going outside some of it has gone nuts. A little too nuts unfortunately, but we adapt as we go.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Thank you!

Yeah, brutal year on the veggies. I normally grow most of our own produce late winter into early summer but this year was a bust. Kale and spinach bolted immediately. Brassicas stunted. Lettuce did fantastic though! The cannabis did fine as it was still inside and missed the late rain and freezing temps. Since going outside some of it has gone nuts. A little too nuts unfortunately, but we adapt as we go.
i noticed the spinach i did try to start did the same thing. never have had luck with brassicas though. dunno if it's the time of year i try planting em or some other secret i have no idea about when it comes to growing em. lettuce is always a winning crop though -- sometimes too much of it to be able to keep up with eating and giving away.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I'm also in the PNW. Yep! It was a terrible spring for gardeners. My tomatoes and beans are very late. My raspberries have done well, though. Not many plums. The apple trees are loaded.

The lousy spring was one reason I decided to try indoor gardening. I like it, but I had more to learn than I realized when I began. In spite of many mistakes, it looks like my first crop is gonna happen anyway. I'm eager to harvest so I can try again and hopefully do better this time.

fuego.de.basurero

fuego.de.basurero

i noticed the spinach i did try to start did the same thing. never have had luck with brassicas though. dunno if it's the time of year i try planting em or some other secret i have no idea about when it comes to growing em. lettuce is always a winning crop though -- sometimes too much of it to be able to keep up with eating and giving away.

Brassicas normally do real well for us. Raised beds with good mature organic soil. Usually get going late Feb early March. Full day "blazing" sun too. Will get 2 - 3lbs heads and giant kale.

20190620 163159 Film2

Latest posts

Top Bottom