Hello! New to the thread, also new to LST and need advice

• Thread starter jbmjbj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jbmjbj

jbmjbj

Hey there, hobby grower here, like 2-3 plants a year just for fun. Anyways, trying my hand at some LST by tying the branches down. I’m wondering if I can top one of the branches to even the canopy out, and while I’m at it, could I clone my clipping? I uploaded a picture with an arrow pointing right where I want to cut to even out the canopy.

Hello new to the thread also new to lst and need advice
Hello new to the thread also new to lst and need advice 2
Fudge

Fudge

Hey there, hobby grower here, like 2-3 plants a year just for fun. Anyways, trying my hand at some LST by tying the branches down. I’m wondering if I can top one of the branches to even the canopy out, and while I’m at it, could I clone my clipping? I uploaded a picture with an arrow pointing right where I want to cut to even out the canopy.

There would be ideal as it's just below a node, but... I'd personally bend it down and back on itself then the side shoots will grow up creating more tops, sort of the same effect as topping, but no loss of vegetation. I'd pull the growth tips off from anything pointing downwards after tying it down. If you see that side shoot just under your arrow, that would be an ideal clone too but losing less of your time you took to grow her. Roll the stem between your fingers then bend her towards the camera position in a 45 degree angle, then tape it and tie it up if it hangs or down if she still nice and springy. I hope this helps I'm not the best at describing what I mean

Fudge

Fudge

Also check out super cropping technique, you can lose height keeping everything again

jbmjbj

jbmjbj

Thanks for the advice! I’m trying to get a better yield, but I don’t need to make TOO much work for myself! 😀

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Thanks for the advice! I’m trying to get a better yield, but I don’t need to make TOO much work for myself! 😀
Don’t top that If you’re trying to get a better yield. That will be one of your fastest nugs. Good luck happy grows.

jbmjbj

jbmjbj

Don’t top that If you’re trying to get a better yield. That will be one of your fastest nugs. Good luck happy grows.
Yes I do get that, by better yield, I meant compared to my past grows where I didn’t do anything except water the plants with some nutrients and kept the light from getting too close. Now I’m experimenting with LST and opening up this Super Lemon Haze clone I got to expose the lower branches to some light and see what kind of short, bushy, even canopy I can make

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yes I do get that, by better yield, I meant compared to my past grows where I didn’t do anything except water the plants with some nutrients and kept the light from getting too close. Now I’m experimenting with LST and opening up this Super Lemon Haze clone I got to expose the lower branches to some light and see what kind of short, bushy, even canopy I can make
Nice. I understand. Ya you could definitely clone that shoot you’re going to cut. Give it a shot, I successfully rooted 4 clones last week for the first time. Was a great feeling.

Fudge

Fudge

All depends how much time hes got , If he can afford to wait an extra couple of weeks vegging her, then there will be no loss of yield, in fact the opposite the pic with 8 tops is a 7 week auto. The others are 6 photos. Look how they've filled the space once I've tied them all down into spaces that's 9 days
IMG 20200918 011550
IMG 20200917 224333
IMG 20200908 193547
IMG 20200904 012932

Latest posts

Top Bottom