Hello, soon-to-be a first time grower!

• Thread starter Beckio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beckio

Beckio

Just a quick hello, been lurking for a while and just decided to sign up as i'm in the process of getting my gear together to start my first grow :) I'm looking to grow 2 plants to begin with (mainly to see if I can keep them alive or not 🤣)before I decide to grow more :)

SSgrower

SSgrower

Welcome to the Farm, would you tell us what media, seeds and if you are outdoors or indoor with/without a tent?SS

HarryHood

HarryHood

right on! you're certainly in the right place. lots of awesome people on here with top-notch knowledge. happy growing!

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Welcome to the farm! What kind of setup do you plan on doing?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
have you picked your strain yet? are you going to try autos or go with photos?

for a first grow i would recommend soil and autos. you wont have to worry about the total darkness at night and the auto is a bit faster so you will see if you are on the right path quicker. the soil will take the burden of all the ph concerns off your shoulders too. if you go with a water only it is even easier, no added nutes or special feeding. if you go with giving them nutes, go with simple (ive seen some new farmers with 20 bottles of stuff they wont ever use or understand how to use!)

the KISS principle is really best in cannabis farming, especially when you are just starting

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I would start with autoflowers, get dirt made for weed ie fox farm, pro mix or bio bizz, use clay pebbles for good drainage, if looking for light i suggest viperspectra 600w 2 cycle reflector series $150 delivered, if growing photoperid plants check out spider farmer, botanacare pro grow is a nice light food, Atami Bloombastic is a good flower agent if running autoflowers 1ml per US gal, pour a small bit into a 16oz cup of water stir and feed, northern lights is a good beginer strain and lets most rookie mistakes slide to a point, i dont like it and have some beans if u want them there fresh just dont personally like it, get a good glass or jewlers loupe, get a battery powered ph meter, oh yea you have to add perlite to your dirt for airation and nitro, you want your ph around 6.2 most autoflowers do fine in 3 gal pots, smartpots dry quickly in warm weather nursery pots will hold water longer, get a pair of pruneing shears and fiskars, hydrocrunch by home depo makes a good tent start with 4x4 if useing 600w, people think weed is simple to grow and it is but it takes time to learn to grow properly. Pic northern lights.if you need those seeds or advice ask.

20200604 170704
Beckio

Beckio

I've decided to go with autos indoors. Not fully decided on the strain yet. It's just for personal medicinal use.
I was going to go with growing in coco or soil. I'm in the UK so fox farm soil etc is not here or it costs a tonne to ship to me!
Maybe someone knows a UK alternative that they could recommend to me? I've heard biobizz is too "hot" so to avoid that?

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I'm chocker block with stiff at mo mate. She could be 2 weeks down the line b4 I could get cuts to her. Once her autos are done I'll happily sort something for her
Just meant with a soil recommendation for that side of the pond. I know you're a busy man I've been 👀, keep up the great work!

Fudge

Fudge

I've never grown in soil mate, coco from the start, probably moving to unislabs soon.
I'd have suggested promix or bio biz but only because it's the only 2 I know are for weed. Edinburgh seems to have hit just about everything she could need to get going. I personally think photos are better even for a beginner as it leaves a bit of room for error, but just what I prefer to grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom