Hello There! Back In The Game 10yr Out . Confused

• Thread starter Mikerobiolik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mikerobiolik

Greetings farmers from the U S of A .Just getting back from a 10 yr break . I have a huge passion for growing and soil microbiology and a even bigger passion for doing things myself and a big diy guy . Very confused on lightings and many other issues way to much to chose from. Decisions up the ass I hate decisions. Very limited on space . I have a 48in height restriction my sq ft is not the issue . Need to custom make a tent with panda film & zipper and exhaust . Stuck with the decisions of Hydro media or soil ? What’s a Good light and type light and watt for a 48 in high 6x6 tent ? lED CMH ? Small potatoes no commercial information won’t be too helpful unless on growing tips not setups not enough funds . Please help helpful handy farmers & Super greenthumbers . OHH YEAH ?DID I Mention IM ON A BUDGET TOO and in a bullshit medical only state like CBD with low THC % Bullshit . No leaf . Behind enemy lines for the time being. $$$FULLY LEGALIZE NYS !!!

Rcubed

Rcubed

Greetings farmers from the U S of A .Just getting back from a 10 yr break . I have a huge passion for growing and soil microbiology and a even bigger passion for doing things myself and a big diy guy . Very confused on lightings and many other issues way to much to chose from. Decisions up the ass I hate decisions. Very limited on space . I have a 48in height restriction my sq ft is not the issue . Need to custom make a tent with panda film & zipper and exhaust . Stuck with the decisions of Hydro media or soil ? What’s a Good light and type light and watt for a 48 in high 6x6 tent ? lED CMH ? Small potatoes no commercial information won’t be too helpful unless on growing tips not setups not enough funds . Please help helpful handy farmers & Super greenthumbers . OHH YEAH ?DID I Mention IM ON A BUDGET TOO and in a bullshit medical only state like CBD with low THC % Bullshit . No leaf . Behind enemy lines for the time being. $$$FULLY LEGALIZE NYS !!!
Welcome to the farm. I came back to growing last year after a 30 year break. You do have a lot of good options nowadays. I opted to run 3 315 cmh in an 8X4 along with my outdoor grows. Great lights. I use soil because I'm comfortable with it. People are saying a lot of good things about the quantum board diy LEDs and they're not real expensive. Good luck and happy growing.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

You could use soil or make a dwc hydro setup on the cheap and as for lights that's hard to say with only 4 foot headspace I'd think you could go with small hids or leds

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i would use t5's ho in a 4ft tall box,use soil,at present time im running 2 300 watt led lights,work fine ,less heat and like the profile it does for plants,my first ever run with them,im impressed but still like my hid lighting,you could run hid in there but would only be able to use 1 gal pots and not much of a veg time,they will stretch when flipped to flower,i also run the 1 gal pots as a test,let me tell ya,just harvest 3 of my new breed and them bitchs still got 3ft tall no matter how much pinching ,hitting with a stick and even tieing them down,my tent is 2x4 by 68 in tall,i run a exhaust fan from tent,and on back side of tent i keep the vent windows open,they are tucked behind the tent were light dont leak and the exhaust sucks in the outside air,full movement 24 7 these exhaust stays on,i dont use any heat or ac,the constant air movement has so far kept pm from my tent,so there is my setup maybe it will help you in a way,i figured last year with the outdoor grow,why not let these bitchs go under same conditions as outside,talked with gt21 a family member and he talked me into it along with the 1 gal pots,hottest my tent got was 79 degrees,started my seeds around august first,hottest part of summer here,they shut down on me when temps got over 90 f,that was with hid lighting,so next run went with 2 cheap ass led lights,46 bucks each,and did a full run with them,i have fought all winter to get my tent up to 74 degree,i wound up putting my 250 grow light across room and run my veggie seedlings with it all in same room,took care of the snow outside and had tropics in the utility room,again no heat no ac,so roll,,under your circumstance id got with t5 ho

B

brimck325

growing vertical may be an option for that height. i have 6.5' average height in a 6x6. right now i have a 315 then a 600hps and another 315 stacked bare bulb….i only use 4x4 of floor space for the grow….you will be amazed at what u can yield out of such a small space.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you want to see some german magic,check out my bro's thread,it will shock your socks off,flower 250w hps-veg 1-3;78w+20w+13w led led e27 hst/lst/multistraingrow/perpetual,,shit boy must been stoned when he typed all this shit in for a thread opening,hahaha this fella right here can teach you how to grow from a coffe can hahah,check him out ive known him for 3 yrs and the cat is the shit in stealth and training methods

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Check out something like HLG for thin led panels

Since leds are directional, no real need for reflection beyond the light spread. However, painting the walls white is a good idea.

Limited height presents minimal problem when scrogging

M

Mikerobiolik

you want to see some german magic,check out my bro's thread,it will shock your socks off,flower 250w hps-veg 1-3;78w+20w+13w led led e27 hst/lst/multistraingrow/perpetual,,shit boy must been stoned when he typed all this shit in for a thread opening,hahaha this fella right here can teach you how to grow from a coffe can hahah,check him out ive known him for 3 yrs and the cat is the shit in stealth and training methods
may or may have not been stoned can’t remember but if it was morning for sure lol. Thank you for the link and info . Now you know how I roll bro . outspoken ,driven , anxious to learn . Most of all gracious for any information or replies. You take time out of your day to address me now that’s community .

Top Bottom