Hello, working through my first “real” grow.

• Thread starter Mr_PNW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr_PNW

Mr_PNW

Why does my grow bill keep growing? 😉

Hello Everyone,
Lantz here starting with my first “real” grow. I’m 61 with a WA State green card (it’s not green) for chronic pain from some major highway accidents, one with a semi tractor trailer not paying attention. Growing up in the 60/70s using the “alternative” cigarettes I tried growing a few seeds, but nothing of significance. Now that I’m a pain patient it’s time to get serious and have fun. I’ve always enjoyed plants and had a 25 plant bonsai collection (all mine) in the 80s.

My Setup
5x5x8 GGT Original
SF4000 w/dimmer, currently 50%@30”
AC Infinity T8 with carbon filter, currently HT 78F, LT off
Costway 700w oil-filled radiator controlled with Inkbird ITC 308 wifi, currently avg. 72-75F
Fans: Holmes Lil’ Blizzard 8” oscillating, Lorell clip-on 6” up top
1/8” and 1/4” ratchet hangers w/metal gears
Govee bluetooth sensor, love the data view in my phone

All three sensor hang together at the top of the canopy.
I ordered a couple CFM kits, walls are sucking in.
I also purchased some 22mm - 22mm tent pole c-clips from AU that fit near perfect into 3/4” electrical conduit. With a little bondo or 2-part epoxy I can make some custom size poles to fit anywhere and any size I need. Home Depot sells 10 footers for $6.50 so no joints in long stretches. My tent is just about to get turned into a cage. GGT poles are 22mm.

Four Pennywise clones (love this strain!) in 3 gallon Vivosun pots, current 10” tall.
Purchased clones from Trail Blazin’ in Bellingham, WA USA.
Picked up clones at 4 weeks old at end of September, went into tent Oct. 1, 2020.

Hello working through my first real grow
Hello working through my first real grow 2
Hello working through my first real grow 3
Hello working through my first real grow 4
Hello working through my first real grow 5
Hello working through my first real grow 6
Hello working through my first real grow 7

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Really great stuff! Welcome to the farm! ❤🌱

The only reason I'm saying this is because I'm running a similar setup with the same light essentially...You could go a little hotter and a little more RH to really be in the happy zone! 72° would be my dark temp in ideal conditions at that stage of growth. I shoot for 80° and 65 to 70% RH.

But now I sound like a "know it all ass hole"...🤔 I can never tell if I'm being helpful or not. 😔

Mr_PNW

Mr_PNW

Really great stuff! Welcome to the farm! ❤🌱

The only reason I'm saying this is because I'm running a similar setup with the same light essentially...You could go a little hotter and a little more RH to really be in the happy zone! 72° would be my dark temp in ideal conditions at that stage of growth. I shoot for 80° and 65 to 70% RH.

Any info is appreciated, it’s all new to me.

The grower/cloner from Trail Blazin’ gave me the temp range of 68-76F and RH 50-55% with 60% being OK. Maybe this strain likes that. Any thoughts? She was a panel speaker at this years Hempfest in Seattle, WA. They haven’t post the video yet.

Tonight after watering I did turn the light up to 60% since they were doing so well now. This early stage is nerve racking, it’s like how much sunscreen do we put on the toddlers.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If the actual breeder/grower said it? Yup...I would listen to that too. 👍

Mr_PNW

Mr_PNW

If the actual breeder/grower said it? Yup...I would listen to that too. 👍

My goal is to have a 5x5 version of this. 😎

D562B2F2 1FC6 41A4 AF59 BA504E949FF3
CED14FFC 94D2 4DB3 BAF2 08BF12F80A4B

Latest posts