Hello, World!!

• Thread starter TerriblyHappyChappy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerriblyHappyChappy

TerriblyHappyChappy

My name's TerriblyHappyChappy and I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm an enthusiastic toker and I'm currently in the middle of an interesting project I'd love sharing with you if you're interested in listening.

Over the course of last year I'd collected about 20 or so top quality, higher grade seeds I found in bags of weed I bought. I was lucky because they were mostly strains such as Gorilla Glue, Jack Herer and a few varieties of Cheeses. Three months ago I planted all twenty seeds, out of which seven plants took and grew, with four of the seven being male. I'm now left with three beautiful little ladies, two Sativas and an indica, although I'm uncertain of what strain they are? Some suggestions from you experts would be welcomed LOL!

Anyway, as I'm in the southern hemisphere, we're only entering our Summer now, meaning my plants will only start flowering in May of next year (strain dependent of course). The thought of having to wait until Autumn of 2021 to smoke these babies forced me into action!!

I'd read an article somewhere of growers leaving their plants outdoors during the day to soak up the sun and tucking them away safely at night, indoors, in a dark space.

It seemed like a good idea so I decided to follow suit. Each morning I place my plants outside, in an optimal sunny spot, from eight in the morning until six in the evening. They're then placed in my garage for what will now be between 12 to 14 hours of uninterrupted darkness.

This is the third week of 12 hours or more of indoor darkness and it really seems to be working because my flowers are healthy-looking and growing beautifully. As you can see the results are not too bad at all, unless any of you disagree? I think the flowers are in their 4th or 5th week of growth? Unless I'm mistaken?

I've also brewed some banana tea and started watering them with that only now they've started flowering. And it seems to bulking up nicely!

I'd love to hear back from any of you fellow tokers out there who's experimented with similar ideas and what results you yielded. And if any of you recognize the two plants in the pics I posted, please do share your ideas.

With Love and Respect

TerriblyHappyChappy

Hello world
Hello world 2
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

Should be alright. I have had issues in the past doing this, though. If you aren't supplying enough light to the plants when you bring them indoors from spending 12 hours in sunlight, they *can* (but not always) start to go into flower. Usually, if you have strong enough lights, though, then they're fine.

Good luck!

TerriblyHappyChappy

TerriblyHappyChappy

Hi Deadstill, thanks so much for replying and your warm welcome!

Yes, they should be fine, hey? Just checked up on them this morning and they're becoming even more frosty! I'll keep you posted when they get closer to harvest!

Where in the world are you growing? If you don't mind me asking?

Top Bottom