Hellos

• Thread starter sardonicus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sardonicus

Not much for introductions. I am a long time green thumb but this is the first time I have contemplated cannabis growing. I haven't committed yet, still doing some research and I think this forum will be very helpful. My biggest debate at the moment is whether to plan for indoor growing or outdoor growing. Outdoor is the most tempting since it would be the least expensive to get started, cost is a major factor for me. I don't mind spending money on things that are worth it, but I dont even know yet if this is something I'd want to do long term. I don't smoke or vape, but the medicinal value is very interesting to me and making the oil is well within my skillset. I did some shopping around for oil and gummies and such - quite expensive to use regularly so growing seems like a more economical option. I live a bit out in the middle of nowhere and operate a farm, prying eyes are still an issue I am grappling with in my head trying to select a location outdoors for growing. I suppose the biggest concern really is going to be light availability. When growing outdoors can they get too much light? Indoor growing would certainly offer a greater degree of control, I already have an 8 bucket dwc system that I'd love to put to use. I'd like to convert it to a recirculating dwc but more research on that will need done too. It might be beneficial to be able to adjust the buckets individually to care for the plants individually. I've actually got a large walk in closet that could be an interesting grow room for all sorts of things with a little bit of work insulating it and plumbing in some water. Growing indoors the smell would be a concern for me. I would definitely want a filtration system with maybe a vent to the outside. I am still looking around here to find inspiration and answers but if any of you want to share links or thoughts regarding indoor vs outdoor growing and suggestions for equipment outfitting a grow room I'd be happy to have them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not much for introductions. I am a long time green thumb but this is the first time I have contemplated cannabis growing. I haven't committed yet, still doing some research and I think this forum will be very helpful. My biggest debate at the moment is whether to plan for indoor growing or outdoor growing. Outdoor is the most tempting since it would be the least expensive to get started, cost is a major factor for me. I don't mind spending money on things that are worth it, but I dont even know yet if this is something I'd want to do long term. I don't smoke or vape, but the medicinal value is very interesting to me and making the oil is well within my skillset. I did some shopping around for oil and gummies and such - quite expensive to use regularly so growing seems like a more economical option. I live a bit out in the middle of nowhere and operate a farm, prying eyes are still an issue I am grappling with in my head trying to select a location outdoors for growing. I suppose the biggest concern really is going to be light availability. When growing outdoors can they get too much light? Indoor growing would certainly offer a greater degree of control, I already have an 8 bucket dwc system that I'd love to put to use. I'd like to convert it to a recirculating dwc but more research on that will need done too. It might be beneficial to be able to adjust the buckets individually to care for the plants individually. I've actually got a large walk in closet that could be an interesting grow room for all sorts of things with a little bit of work insulating it and plumbing in some water. Growing indoors the smell would be a concern for me. I would definitely want a filtration system with maybe a vent to the outside. I am still looking around here to find inspiration and answers but if any of you want to share links or thoughts regarding indoor vs outdoor growing and suggestions for equipment outfitting a grow room I'd be happy to have them.
Welcome to the farm. Plenty of info and discussion in many threads nand guides here.

You will hear many different views here.

The major difference is outside you are at the mercy of mother nature both good and bad. Indoor you are mother nature again both good and bad but definitely more expensive, time consuming and bigger learning curve to accomplish.

Try posting specific questions for a thorough discussion on each element you have questions about. It will generate more interest and opinions you can then choose from to make your decisions.

S

sardonicus

I will get to making more specific posts later, after I've had some time to look about and finish reading the book I got. I definitely like to try and just find my own answers first whenever possible.

Top Bottom