Help, 1st time grower, 1 month old plant small!!

• Thread starter Pulse_90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pulse_90

Pulse_90

Hello comunity, first time growing and i need your opinion please.

Quick setup:

Medium: Soil (compost, worm casting, dolomite, azomite, fishbone meal, 2 months cooking)
Seed: Chem OG from Female Seeds
4X8 Tent
A/C unit 24/7
2x1000w HPS Coolbox
Humidifier
18" Fan 24/7

It's been 1 month since it sproud and it looks small to me compared to other grows.
Currently its under a 45w Osram LED at about 6 inches 18/6.
I water every time the top half inch soil is dry.
Temps and humidity varies from 20-25c and 40-70%.
This will be my mother plant, what do you think? Should i give her more time to catch up?

Help 1st time grower 1 month old plant small
Help 1st time grower 1 month old plant small 2
Help 1st time grower 1 month old plant small 3
Help 1st time grower 1 month old plant small 4
Help 1st time grower 1 month old plant small 5
Help 1st time grower 1 month old plant small 6
Help 1st time grower 1 month old plant small 7
Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

I water every time the top half inch soil is dry.

Don’t do this. You want the entire container to be dry not just the top half inch. So the plant is probably overwatered and thus has created a poor root system which is why it’s growing slow.

One way to tell when it’s dried out is by lifting the container to see how heavy it is. You can also fill up another container to see what it will feel like without any water so you have a sense of the weight you’re looking for.

Pulse_90

Pulse_90

Don’t do this. You want the entire container to be dry not just the top half inch. So the plant is probably overwatered and thus has created a poor root system which is why it’s growing slow.

One way to tell when it’s dried out is by lifting the container to see how heavy it is. You can also fill up another container to see what it will feel like without any water so you have a sense of the weight you’re looking for.
Ok, other than that the plant looks healthy to you? Should i put her under the 1000w light already?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The plant shows signs of improper watering. The leaves should be reaching for the lights. Instead they are pointing to the soil. I'm also seeing water on the plant leaves. The indoor environment doesn't allow for that water to evaporate off the leaves fast enough. Some people do spray their leaves, but I'll pass on that practice. I prefer to keep my indoor plants as dry as possible above the soil.
Ok, other than that the plant looks healthy to you? Should i put her under the 1000w light already?
NO, that would be too much light intensity on a plant that is already not growing well. Allow the soil to dry out almost completely before watering again. Cannabis needs to cycle between wet soil/dry soil for it to grow properly. When you water, drench it good to the point where you are seeing a bit of run-off. Pick up the pot and get an idea of what a saturated pot weighs and then wait until it feels very light before watering again.

Pulse_90

Pulse_90

The plant shows signs of improper watering. The leaves should be reaching for the lights. Instead they are pointing to the soil. I'm also seeing water on the plant leaves. The indoor environment doesn't allow for that water to evaporate off the leaves fast enough. Some people do spray their leaves, but I'll pass on that practice. I prefer to keep my indoor plants as dry as possible above the soil.

NO, that would be too much light intensity on a plant that is already not growing well. Allow the soil to dry out almost completely before watering again. Cannabis needs to cycle between wet soil/dry soil for it to grow properly. When you water, drench it good to the point where you are seeing a bit of run-off. Pick up the pot and get an idea of what a saturated pot weighs and then wait until it feels very light before watering again.

At the time i took the picture i'd just finished water them, that's why the soil looks moist and some water fell on the plant.

Pulse_90

Pulse_90

2 weeks update

It's been 2 weeks and things got worse. The plant its 1 1/2 months old.
I dialed back the waterings and add more LEDs, theres's been little grow and now the bottom leaves are all yellow with brown spots and it starting to show on the upper leaves aswell. Tips also pointing down.
I only do tap water which is always 420ppm and ph between 6 and 7.

By now i dont have too much hope on this one, but i want to learn identify and correct issues.

20210822 174429
IMG 20210822 WA0013
IMG 20210822 WA0014
IMG 20210822 WA0017
IMG 20210822 WA0018
IMG 20210822 WA0019
IMG 20210822 WA0020
IMG 20210822 WA0022
I

ItalianWiseGuy

OUCH... yea that girl is overwatered . Never use the finger test , useless and will kill your plants.

Top Bottom