Help a young grower understand

• Thread starter DirtyRed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DirtyRed

DirtyRed

I sprayed my plants yesterday with a Neem Oil and Bacillus Thuringiensis ”BT” mixture that caused some bottom leaves to yellow. The top leaves have started curling downward.

Any ideas as to what this condition is and how to fix it. Also are my pots big enough?

Help a young grower understand
Help a young grower understand 2
Help a young grower understand 3

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Looks like slight burning put plants in shade and give them a hose off neem is very strong and can burn the leaf . Leave plants in shade for a few days regards Od .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Wow that was fast! Thanks. Any thoughts on my pot size?
It’s up to you I’m old and grow in 5 lt pots but only but 4 lt of medium in done my back many a time with big pots and it comes down to space size how many times you want to water those black pots if you don’t mind if you cover the pots with a white shade cloth it will take a lot of the heat off the root ball helping it maintain a happy temp in the sun , guessing this is outdoors,

DirtyRed

DirtyRed

Back at it. These little greens bugs are starting to show up more. What are they.. are they harmful? Also, some of the leaves have gray spots. Probably related to the green bugs. Any ideas?

IMG 0031
IMG 0033
IMG 0034

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Whats going on right here?
- Not to get off topic from your leafhopper situation...
are these the gray spots youre referring too?

DirtyRed

DirtyRed

Probably gonna grab a bottle of this in the morning to handle the leafhoppers.

DirtyRed

DirtyRed

Milk, sounds interesting... Does it matter what kind of milk?

I was trying to do the whole organic grow. That's why I used neem oil in the beginning and ended up burning my plants. Getting a heavy dose of Murphy's law right now.

mancorn

mancorn

Whats going on right here?
- Not to get off topic from your leafhopper situation...
are these the gray spots youre referring too?
I don't know about the leaf hooper, but I have a fair amount of grasshoppers, and they shit/pee clear liquid that turns white after drying up and looks very similar what's on Red's plants.

DirtyRed

DirtyRed

I read about that. Some type of "honeydew".. What about this product? Suppose to be a 3-in-1.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I read about that. Some type of "honeydew".. What about this product? Suppose to be a 3-in-1.
View attachment 986101
It’s beneficial to us about 3 different solutions to combat pests. After a while of spraying the same thing the pests may build immunity to that one insecticide. It’s good to use different things until the pest issue is bombed, then it’s spraying once a week for maintenance purposes.
Burnz

mancorn

mancorn

I'm not wise to leafhopper control, but guessing that a spray isn't going to be super effective. I doubt it's systemic (like Bt for worms), so probably will just kill on contact. If so a insecticide soup would probably be as effective (which is basically just an oil and smothers the insect). Just like neem, you need to be careful about applying soups in sun.

mancorn

mancorn

Look at the white spots with a loupe or magnifying glass. If it's PM you will see web like or crystalline structure. The insect “pee” will be flat and you may see a splatter effect. You should also be able to apply water and somewhat wipe it off. The PM isn't going to wash away.

DirtyRed

DirtyRed

I have them in my south facing backyard so they get sun all day. Is that bad? Should I move them somewhere with less exposure.
Forecast is calling for rain this week so everything will have to wait. My biggest question is will they recover and produce.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have them in my south facing backyard so they get sun all day. Is that bad? Should I move them somewhere with less exposure.
Forecast is calling for rain this week so everything will have to wait. My biggest question is will they recover and produce.
I battled a mite issue in the beginning of my grow and it took a lot of persistence and headache but look at my plants now. I applied all the knowledge the farm gave me. Happy grows.
Burnz

mancorn

mancorn

If it's not mites or mildew you're fine. Chewing bugs normally can't out chew a growing plant outdoors. Not like you just want to ignore it, kill the bugs by hand, but bet it's not going to be a big issue.

Top Bottom