Help and guidance:

• Thread starter Staypuffed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Staypuffed

Staypuffed

Just got first seeds dropped( on Tuesday). 2 sprouted so far, 2 have not. Started in jiffy pods (very likely i made a mistake and over watered the pellets initially). Plan to switch to coco in a few days. Never grown before so mistakes and learning as I go. tent is 8' tall and the HLG lights were at about 7' and dimmed to 50%. With the two that are sprouted now, i've got the light at about 30" from the seedlings. Trying not to do too much in 1 day (ie: only 1 change a day if at all). Check in on them once in the morning and evening just to document stages. Trying to keep a detailed journal so can look back and address/notice/acknowledge potential missteps to learn from.

Here are some pics of the 2 right now. Anything to look out for? things look ok? Thanks. I have 2 other pellets that have not sprouted yet as mentioned, those are CDLC and skywalker.

(sorry some quality photo is poor, not exactly a wiz at taking a proper picture, hand tremors and what not)
NCH below
Nchsproutjpg
Nchopenjpg
Nchday1jpg
Nchday2jpg

Help and guidance 5

here is both NCH and MS together
Help and guidance 6

Here is mango smile below
Mssproutjpg
Msday1jpg

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You can;t over water jiffy pellets really, they just absorb as much as they can then stop.. once they stop drain the run off and leave em alone till they dry out again.

:D

Staypuffed

Staypuffed

You can;t over water jiffy pellets really, they just absorb as much as they can then stop.. once they stop drain the run off and leave em alone till they dry out again.

:D
Ok wonderful good to know. Imagine other 2 are potentially just slow bloomers?

should I wait 3-5 days before transferring to coco? and should I transfer them all at same time should the remaining 2 decide to sprout?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ok wonderful good to know. Imagine other 2 are potentially just slow bloomers?

should I wait 3-5 days before transferring to coco? and should I transfer them all at same time should the remaining 2 decide to sprout?

slow bloomers/duds/nature.. it all happens.

Transfer when you see roots coming out of the bottom of the jiffy pellet. will be a few days. to a week. to 10 days. or less.. jsut depends ;)

Staypuffed

Staypuffed

So i thought I had more time given what I was dealing with previously, but I came home this afternoon to see a root about 3" growing out of the NCH. I wasn't prepared at all, and my coco wasn't buffered and ready to go because I didn't think it would be ready so fast.

But it was evidently this afternoon. I have the coco soaking in a calmag solution this afternoon and over night tonight. I plan to move the north cheese haze and mango smile in to their fabric pots tomorrow morning. Is this insane root growth going to damage/stunt the seedling? The seedlings seem to be eating up the light.

Staypuffed

Staypuffed

Well I waterlogged(im assuming, that seems to be the googled response to white ooze coming from seeds) 2 of my 4 (the 2 failures were skywalker and cdlc) Those two had some white cream oozing out of them. The mango smile and northern cheese haze went in to their pots over night when i realized canna coco bricks are already buffered. So they went in to their pots last night around 12am. 12 hours later and they are looking healthier and have their 1st set leaves getting really vibrant from yesterday.

Learned lessons from the first 2 losses and have a more stable environment prepared and germing a cdlc and dg x 3bog and hope to move those in to their pots by the weekend if I am lucky.

northern cheese
NCH

mango smile
MS

Last edited:
Top Bottom