Help - Bad Drooping and run off EC lower than inflow

• Thread starter mrPeppers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrPeppers

mrPeppers

Yup that's why. Raise air temps to 77-82f drop humidity to 60%
i believe my temps and rh are appropriate for day 21, plants perked up immediately after letting them dry out last night. Common newbie mistake.. managed to overwater even in coco lol... switching to once a day fertigation.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i believe my temps and rh are appropriate for day 21, plants perked up immediately after letting them dry out last night. Common newbie mistake.. managed to overwater even in coco lol... switching to once a day fertigation.
I disagree but it's your plants.

Just so you know there is no such thing as to much water to plants it's not the water that's the issue.... It's lack of oxygen.

@Enforcer was bang on imo. It's your temps and humidity... Seen that look a 1000 times.

To little fertigating and you 100% will have issues later in the grow with nutrient buildup and likely CEC.

Just wanted you to be aware. I know it's confusing but I think if I didn't say anything I would be doing you a disservice.

Good luck with your grow.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Oh my god, some of you are going to F up his plants. He has already said he’s doing high frequency fertigation in coco/perlite. Stop with the soil recommendations. If you don’t understand the style, you shouldn’t try to advise others.

MrPeppers, drooping is not always a bad thing and you want the EC of the runoff to be lower than the input. If the runoff starts to go about 100ppm over your input, that would require action. I would say the droop may be caused by the temp being a little low and the humidity being a little high. You said you’re running LED so you can comfortably grow at 80*f and 60-70RH for veg. For me, when I’ve gone over 70RH they start to droop a little.
Your plants look great and you’re doing fine.
+1000

Terpz719

Terpz719

I think overall the plants are looking pretty damn good. I just finished up my second coco grow, so I'm still learning. My experience has been that coco isn't as set it and forget it as lots of folks parrot. I also think it is possible to over water with coco, especially with smaller/younger plants. My experience, limited as it is, is that's a balance between plant size, plant health, container size, coco-perlite ratio, transpiration rate (related to environment), and fertigation frequency and volume. It's a real juggling act based on your particular situation.

A couple of observations based on my experience, which means none of this shit is absolute - I think I'm seeing some green alge on the perlite in some of the pots. If so, you may want to up the air circulation a bit, and it may indicated the coco is staying too wet. Also I think your input ppm is a bit high for those size plants. Keep an eye on run off pH and leaf tips. I have found, with high frequency fertigation you don't need to feed as high of an EC. Just as a point of comparison, in my last round at peak flower, I was feeding 5x a day with 650 ppm (EC 1.3). Granted, to a degree that may be strain related. As I said just as a point of comparison.

Good luck with your grow!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There is lots that could be said about feeding. I'm just going to kinda clear up my view because until the temp and humidity is right it won't matter and nutrient uptake will be shit.

The temps are ok but could be higher. The humidity is way to high for those temps. The leaves are screaming I'm saturated with water... That's not from over watering but root pressure will make this worse, so yes a saturated root zone WILL make it worse. But that's because it exasperates the transpiration issues caused by high humidity. Trapping more water in the leaf from increased root pressure.

OP if you are using a VPD chart of the internet then I can promise you it's wrong.

I mean assuming leaf temps are only 5f cooler likely more then that. With those temps and humidity the KPA is barely enough for a seedling in its first week

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Poor airflow around the leaves could also be making the effects of this humidity even worse

cashultimate

cashultimate

First time grower here and new member, everything has been going well up until now. I have been having issues the past day or two with my run off EC being lower than the inflow with bad drooping. I can't figure out why and any help would be much appreciated. using GH flora trio, GH CaliMagic, and GH Diamond Nectar.

5 Plants, 21 days from breaking the rapid rooter and am practicing high frequency fertigation, 2-3 times per day - inflow EC 1169 - PH from 5.9-6.1 - All runoff has been fluctuating between EC 940-1050 from the past 4 fertigations. Using mother earth 70% coco 30% perlite, assumed it was prewashed based on their website so I did not do that, however I did double buffer. The environment has been stable with a temp between 70-75 degrees and RH of 60-75. 4x4 Tent, Ac infinity S4, Spider farmer sf4000 dimmed to 200w 35" from canopy.

Here are some pics below, the close-ups are from the front left plant.

View attachment 975014View attachment 975015View attachment 975016
Very nice! Can you tell me about what those smart pots are sitting on? Where’d you get them?

Top Bottom