Help! Broad mites or ph?

• Thread starter Jaykay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Make sure you identify the problem before taking actions. You need to identify what type of mite you may have as that determines how to treat for them. Can't kill mites in one application. The eggs will hatch and new mites are born.

If its a ph issue, then obviously you go a different way.....and just because one is doing ok doesn't mean ALL are doing ok.....you need to do the run off test regardless to stay on top of your plants most important part...the roots!

If the genetics are important to you, then do what is needed to fix it....or don't do the run off test and just flip a coin.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

And unless someone has a crystal ball NOBODY can tell you what to do to help without the needed information......

So instead of just asking more of the same questions that nobody can answer, post some helpful information that you were asked to provide.

Just a thought.

Jaykay

Jaykay

And unless someone has a crystal ball NOBODY can tell you what to do to help without the needed information......

So instead of just asking more of the same questions that nobody can answer, post some helpful information that you were asked to provide.

Just a thought.
Sorry, can't do run off test yet.. they were transplanted a week ago and have not watered to run off yet. I can do that tomorrow when they'll need to be watered. But I'm certain the ph of the medium is not the problem.
Most signs point to broad mite. New growth stunted/affected. Shiny blistered/mottled upper leaves, leaf serrated pointing upward, strange leaf curling. Etc.
What else did you want me to post?

Jaykay

Jaykay

Make sure you identify the problem before taking actions. You need to identify what type of mite you may have as that determines how to treat for them. Can't kill mites in one application. The eggs will hatch and new mites are born.

If its a ph issue, then obviously you go a different way.....and just because one is doing ok doesn't mean ALL are doing ok.....you need to do the run off test regardless to stay on top of your plants most important part...the roots!

If the genetics are important to you, then do what is needed to fix it....or don't do the run off test and just flip a coin.
Ya will definitly be troubleshooting before doing anything drastic.
Might try a hot water dunk on one of my duplicates tonight see if that improves anything.
Also, roots are growing nicely and just starting to poke through there 1 gal pots after a week.

Jaykay

Jaykay

Also considering a heat treatment of the room. Apparently raising it to 120 F for am hour can have positive effects hut wondering how the plants would cope?

N

Newber

something is definitely going on... I'd fog it with a bomb and flush, neither could have a negative effect

Heynow

Heynow

Aphids or russets/broad mites. Spray them with conserve. Then wait 5 days, spray them with either nuke em or big time exterminator every 3 days for 2 weeks then conserve again.

Top Bottom