Help. Brown spots out of no where. 3rd week of flower. In living soil

• Thread starter J1XD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J1XD

J1XD

Hello, to my knowledge I was taking great care of my plants. Out of the blue over night there's brown spots on the leaves near the bud sites.. the only thing I can think I did different is usually I give a half a gallon of watering every 3-4 days. But the last watering I gave it a full gallon of water. It's been 2 days since I watered them. I don't know what's wrong

Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 2
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 3
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 4
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 5
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 6
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 7
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 8
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 9
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 10
Help brown spots out of no where 3rd week of flower 11
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I also have a living soul grow with a similar problem on two plants. I’m about to switch to flower. I’m curious to see who chimes in.

Did you use “Earth Dust” by any chance?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

@Shaded_One Do you think it's a calcium/magnesium issue?

Rust spots (circular) are typically calcium but def looks to also be an magnesium issue also. Improper watering can and will present itself as similar issues.

Cuople tablespoons of some Epsom and some Gypsum prob wouldn't hurt on the next watering (or whatever you use for nutrients I don't think you mentioned)

J1XD

J1XD

Rust spots (circular) are typically calcium but def looks to also be an magnesium issue also. Improper watering can and will present itself as similar issues.

Cuople tablespoons of some Epsom and some Gypsum prob wouldn't hurt on the next watering (or whatever you use for nutrients I don't think you mentioned)
I don't use any nutes on thos plant. Plain old ph balanced water. It's living soil so I thought I could not use nutes. Can I just use Cali mag?

2Bad

2Bad

I don't use any nutes on thos plant. Plain old ph balanced water. It's living soil so I thought I could not use nutes. Can I just use Cali mag?
Get some down to earth gypsum and some equate epsom salt (unscented) . What size of pots you using? I can give you the dose. I use 2 Tablespoons of each of them for a 7 gallon. Got to use organic amendments to keep your living soil alive.

2Bad

2Bad

Twice the price. For half the amount. And I’m not sure why they call it microbe recharge… @Shaded_One what u think? I’ve never heard of it

J1XD

J1XD

Get some down to earth gypsum and some equate epsom salt (unscented) . What size of pots you using? I can give you the dose. I use 2 Tablespoons of each of them for a 7 gallon. Got to use organic amendments to keep your living soil alive.
3 gallon pots

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

This is roots organics version of organic cal mag:
I think their cal/mag is their cal/mag. That's a 2-1-2 fertilizer with microbes.

steamroller

steamroller

Really looks like Cal def.
Adding MG usually does not hurt.
I don't grow organic, I like to have control over the ferts I need when needed. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

2Bad

2Bad

I say go with the cheaper, clearly labeled stuff. If u got 3gallon pots then it’s 1tbs every 2 weeks of each of them. And sorry to hear that garbage I thin some of the grow stores are just idiots tryna cash in, I got one of those guys that I go to lmao.
And if neither of them say Omri then they aren’t organic certified.

2Bad

2Bad

There’s also nitrogen in the one you just shared @J1XD which you don’t want

2Bad

2Bad

I’ll be honest roots organic is probably organic because it is cdfa certified which I just learned about on Google lmao.

Latest posts

Top Bottom