Help. Brown spots out of no where. 3rd week of flower. In living soil

• Thread starter J1XD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hello, to my knowledge I was taking great care of my plants. Out of the blue over night there's brown spots on the leaves near the bud sites.. the only thing I can think I did different is usually I give a half a gallon of watering every 3-4 days. But the last watering I gave it a full gallon of water. It's been 2 days since I watered them. I don't know what's wrong
In looking closely at these pics, I don't think this is a calcium deficiency. I think it's light burn.

What I've noticed with my 2-3 years using LEDs, the first spent burning the shit out of plants, is that light burn often mimics the patterns of certain deficiency symptoms -- particularly magnesium and potassium. In this case, the deficiency symptom looks like Mg deficiency (definitely not a Ca deficiency). But Mg deficiencies show up on lower leaves, not near the top of the plant. If you look closely at the pics, it's only upper leaves, and the parts of leaves that are shaded are not affected. To me this says light burn.

LEDs demand more nutrition, and my hypothesis is that when Mg or K is slightly low, but not low enough to have the symptoms show up on the lower leaves, the burn will have the same pattern as a deficiency symptom, but only on the leaves exposed to the strongest light.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

So how does living soil work . How/when do you feed it?
The four plants I am running now are all in homemade livingsoil. This round all I have used is terp teas. Grow, bloom, and bloom boost depending on stage. Ive been beewing teas once a week.🤣 pain in the … For me livingsoil/supersoil grows means more feeding you soil not the plant. I have nothing against synthetics and everything has its place. I just prefer as little inputs as possible, and so far they seem happy.

2Bad

2Bad

so here’s a mag def

D9BABA96 39DB 4235 B507 FBE93B6CE7C0

2Bad

2Bad

And here’s a calcium def . We are gonna need more symptoms to tell if it’s light or calcium .

3BB8DF44 DF86 4A16 86B1 6C20E7CC8313
C1AD1B0B E70E 46A6 8435 A410835081F3
C9E48118 48C8 44D3 833F 4EF75C734F2E
68E979B5 E0CC 43CE 9D39 2EDAD129C359
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

It's all a symbiotic effect...too much light without enough nutrients or other VPD variables = issues with leaves. The fact that he has given his plants NOTHING at all should be good indicator that once he starts even a simple nutrient regiment his plants will improve drastically, but yes @mysticepipedon is correct in that the current state of the plant (hungry, not watered properly) the amount of light it has is probably too much and not doing any good for photosynthesis.

He did mention that this is also only happening on one out of a few of his plants so chances are this particular pheno is just a heavier feeder.

J1XD

J1XD

Just an update for those who are interested... I ended up going with this stuff... https://www.aurorainnovations.com/calmag but just a larger bottle. its organic and had gypsum in it. apparently down to earth gypsum was totally sold out here in vegas no matter the grow shop. its organic has what it needs in it. it was watering time yesterday and i felt i could not wait for "down to earth" to be shipped so i went with the organic cal/mag hopefully it has the same effect.

2Bad

2Bad

It's all a symbiotic effect...too much light without enough nutrients or other VPD variables = issues with leaves. The fact that he has given his plants NOTHING at all should be good indicator that once he starts even a simple nutrient regiment his plants will improve drastically, but yes @mysticepipedon is correct in that the current state of the plant (hungry, not watered properly) the amount of light it has is probably too much and not doing any good for photosynthesis.

He did mention that this is also only happening on one out of a few of his plants so chances are this particular pheno is just a heavier feeder.
I probably would of done the same, the deficiency could of progressed if you didn’t. With that said it might take a few days to turn around still

Trixie

Trixie

If you are using tap water then that's the issue. Stop using the tap water and use RO water fortified with cal mag.

Trixie

Trixie

I had this happen to me once or twice when I used city tap water. I switched to pure rainwater and my plants grew very large.

Latest posts

Top Bottom