Help! Bugs crawling through my soil

• Thread starter Grdnguy86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nomdeplume

nomdeplume

I found this thread on Reddit so I'm going to post it. I agree with the diometaceous earth suggestion about 1/2 inch on top of the soil. It's made up of fossilized diatoms which petrify and slice insects which is hard to grow a tolerance too. A safe root drench might help but I would avoid oils like neem or Suffoil X. Beneficial insects work too but they're more expensive and the DE would kill them too so that's a no go.

If you are going to look for gnatrol eBay is your best bet.

Last edited:
L

Landracehunter

Had to kill one of my bigger flowering plants todays. Had bad root rot and checked soil and had these bugs! All the plants have these little bugs in them. Most seem really small and white but found a few bigger almost red ones. What should I do? 3 weeks into flowering šŸ˜©
Those look like good old wonderful thirps uses this Do not use Neim oil Unless you want to put someone in the Anafalectic shock If there's bad treatment once A-day for a week see what it does Then after that just apply once a week

Screenshot 20220902 025446 Samsung Internet
L

Landracehunter

Had to kill one of my bigger flowering plants todays. Had bad root rot and checked soil and had these bugs! All the plants have these little bugs in them. Most seem really small and white but found a few bigger almost red ones. What should I do? 3 weeks into flowering šŸ˜©
You have to get rid of the larva If they are fungal knats They eat your root system By the time you see the flies too late That means you're overwatering cut back They only live about a week so if you kill the larva and then just for 2 weeks once a week use 3% hydrogen peroxide 50 to 1 water is water your plants You will get rid of them as long as you change your watering habits or inhabits you should be able to stick your finger down the 1st inch and a 1/2 2" of your girl media media and it'll be dryAny moisture in those 1st inches means you're watering too much Is most kind of a strange derived from aired climates Especially if it has kush in name That means the land race for that plant was grown in the Hindu kush and Afghanistan in the mountains Landrace is a plant that grows grows in the wild as well as in captivity 99% of the plants that are grown today cannot be found growing anywhere in the wild we're in the wild there are very few of those original strains Generally you like hawaiians and like pineapple expressed stuff like that come from more tropical climate cigarettes require a little bit more water but The biggest mistake amateurs makeIs overwateringThat can cascade into a number of different things They only live for a few days but in most few days they can lay thousands of eggs and most grow media that we get already has dormant larva If you're in the northern climateYou are they are fun to match if you're south could be thurps look very simmliar And it's also important to keep everything Is extremely clean Try to stay away from chemicals on natural ones I'm natural ones even meanwhile is natural but 33% of the population is allergic to it if you absolutely have to use it use it only in veg I've seen people have to go to the hospital

Latest posts

Top Bottom