Help Calculate

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

Hi All,

I need help in figuring out doses on edibles. I feel quite inept in not being able to figure this out, so shouting out for help. lol

So if you use 2 ounces of good quality trim and bud mixture to 1 pound of butter.

56 grams to 1 lb butter
reduced to 14 grams per 1/4 lb of butter/which equals to 1/2 cup of butter

Now here is where I need help.

If I used 1 cup of butter and got 20 cookies, what would the dose be per cookie.

Another one is use 1 - 1/2 cup of butter and get the same 20 pieces of cookies, what would the dose be per cookie.

Cookie size would be no bigger than 2" round, oatmeal of choc chip.

Please if you can show me how you figured it out, it would be greatly appreciated. Or is there a formula to follow, let me know.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Icristal

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Figuring out doses with trim is nearly impossible. Unless you have your edible tested. It's the reason I only use concentrates to make my edibles. I can be within 5mg of what my doses are actually.

Qwiso is 1.5g per 12 doses
Qwet is 1.5g per 12 doses
BHO is .75g per 12 doses
Rosin is .5-.75g per 12 doses

12 doses = 1 stick butter or 1/3rd cup oil.

I'm betting I'm at a 80mg (+/-5mg) per edible.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Figuring out doses with trim is nearly impossible. Unless you have your edible tested. It's the reason I only use concentrates to make my edibles. I can be within 5mg of what my doses are actually.

BHO is .75g per 12 doses

I agree with This. The oil content in trim vs buds is much different.

If you could do an extraction before hand you would have a more accurate measurement of the oil content in your edibles.

Icristal

Icristal

Thank you everyone for your information. I will check out the link @germinator , and I am well, thank you for asking. I have a sister and sister in law fighting stage 4 and stage 3 cancers. All they are looking for is something to make them relax a little. But i want to be careful as to what I am giving them or have a clue to potential. i am not a good judge on potency as I have a high tolerance. My trim is all organic and clean for this reason and for myself as well.
I have not learned how to make concentrates as some of the steps near the end scare the be-gezzers out of me,,lol,,but if I had someone teach me how to safely, then i would be all over it. Very quick to learn everything. I make butter, coconut oil, and attempted tincture (wasn't pretty lol). I make brownies, caramels, chocolates and various cookies. And oh yea cheesy garlic bread with canna butter and marinara is the bomb. And my butters and oils are pretty consistent as to how they are made.

Thanks again all for your help.
Keep it green all
Icristal

update on what I have been doing.
Most recent grows no grow log listed here was finishing the clone run for the Purple drink testers for Golden Lion genetics, I just finished the seed run of tester Mighty Mendo-it for Goldenliongenetics. And a GG4 x Kingmidas tester for Mainstraingenetics. Only ended up with one plant of each, but they were awesome.

Now running in the tent, clone run of mighty mendo-it, 1 plant, 2 clones of gg4 x kingmidas, 1 strawberry x ak47 and 2 Cruella DeVille by Meduslameds. Lots of seeds sprouting and little plants setting up for outdoors this summer. I will be running several strains, depends on how many females I get. I have 3 more strains in early stages from goldenliongenetic, bandana x lemon cookies, hempeurer, gatekeeper. And 1 strain from dc105 crosses, (togc x glue teck) x face off.

Some pictures a cpl weeks before harvest
Tester GG4 X Kingmidas= Royal Glue Sniffer by Mainstraingenetics
20170311 203801

Tester Billy Mays x Lemon Cookies=Mighty Mendo-it by Goldenliongenetics
20170311 203527

20170311 203602

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I can eat a whole gram of concentrate in edibles, butter does nothing but make me take a nap...

If your heading to the flint cannabis cup, I'll bring you a few of my blueberry streusel muffins. 1 does me right. Makes most ppl pass out after 2 to 3 hrs. Hits in 1.25hrs normally.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@Icristal

Sorry about your sis. I strongly recommend a cbd/thc mix. I make butter for 2 multiple sclorsis patients, and 2 rheumatoid arthritis patients (1 being myself). We all use my cbd/thc butter. My cbd comes from a high cbd and low thc strain, Cannatonic 4cbd HP cut. Works fantastic. Both ms patients dripped 3 scripts, and get a full 7hrs sleep a night, vs waking up every few hrs. What area are you in?

Icristal

Icristal

@Icristal

Sorry about your sis. I strongly recommend a cbd/thc mix. I make butter for 2 multiple sclorsis patients, and 2 rheumatoid arthritis patients (1 being myself). We all use my cbd/thc butter. My cbd comes from a high cbd and low thc strain, Cannatonic 4cbd HP cut. Works fantastic. Both ms patients dripped 3 scripts, and get a full 7hrs sleep a night, vs waking up every few hrs. What area are you in?
Very nice, I just popped 7 seeds from Motarebel Catatonic x Herijuana, all seven were males, never see that before so was shocked at the results. I am in Maine

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

BHO is .75g per 12 doses

Do you have numbers for bubble hash?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Bubble I used to do 2.25-2.5 for average grade
Kief 3.0 for average grade

Not bag specific. I do a 160 then a 25. So I'm sure it had a bit of plant material in it.
Cool I'll maybe shoot for 3-3.5 grams to 1/3 cup oil since I'm making salve.
I made a salve batch last time with trim and the shit wreaked like a skunky bud lol, need to tone it down a bit.
Thanks demon

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Bubble I used to do 2.25-2.5 for average grade
Kief 3.0 for average grade

Not bag specific. I do a 160 then a 25. So I'm sure it had a bit of plant material in it.
Are you saying 3 grams of keif per 12 doses?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yes
But remember, different grade screens will produce different results. I'm pretty sure I have a little plant material in the kief.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

When I make my butter and oil for my patients, or when making it at home, my house, not theirs smells like stinky herb. There's barely any noticable odor, or taste when using concentrates. Another reason I only use concentrates vs trim or bud.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes
But remember, different grade screens will produce different results. I'm pretty sure I have a little plant material in the kief.
Thanks. So lets say I was making candy and my max temp is 233-235 would I need to decarb the keif first or could I add it to the batch during the cooking process ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I always decarb 1st.
How long you cook the candy mix for? If it's for longer than 45 mins, I think the candy cook may decarb it. Not 100%. I'd decarb for peace of mind

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I always decarb 1st.
How long you cook the candy mix for? If it's for longer than 45 mins, I think the candy cook may decarb it. Not 100%. I'd decarb for peace of mind
About 90 min plus depending on batch size Im about to whip up a 70 pound batch was going to do half with my infused milk and the other with keif because ibhave a ton thanks for the help

Top Bottom