Help! Can’t determine sex of one of my fav plants.

• Thread starter Kleinstein
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kleinstein

Kleinstein

So I have gotten down to 4 definite females but then I have this one that smells soooooo amazing! The problem is it doesn’t look like my other gals or my other males I had. One day I think it’s female, now I think it’s male. Can anybody help? Hermie maybe? I’m just so sad that I might have to kill it but I don’t want to pollinate my gals. Any help would be HUGE!!

Help cant determine sex of one of my fav plants
Help cant determine sex of one of my fav plants 2
Help cant determine sex of one of my fav plants 3
Help cant determine sex of one of my fav plants 4
Help cant determine sex of one of my fav plants 5
Help cant determine sex of one of my fav plants 6
Help cant determine sex of one of my fav plants 7
Help cant determine sex of one of my fav plants 8
Kleinstein

Kleinstein

Thanks for the insight. Guess I’ll have to kill it. Sadness. You think there’s a chance it pollinated my ladies?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks for the insight. Guess I’ll have to kill it. Sadness. You think there’s a chance it pollinated my ladies?
If none of the flowers have opened, then no pollen has been released, and you are still safe. Since it's a male, you could always let it flower, away from the ladies, and collect the pollen for use later if the strain was exceptional.. Pollen collecting is pretty simple and I heard that it can be mixed with regular baking flour, to aid in ID'ing pollinated sites as well as to "cut" the pollen, making it more uniformly available for use, since a little of it goes a long way.
There are a bunch of threads available... just do a search for collecting pollen, or just pollen. You should find everything you need. Feel free to ask any questions...I'll answer them if I can.

MDGrnthum68

MDGrnthum68

Kill It? Do you how much good seeds cost? I'd rather have all my females pollinated than all virgins. Just think what it would be like starting 100 seeds and choosing the best of the best to grow.
What that said chance would have it me having patience finally pay it off I make a good damn bit I hash and lately I've been using an awesome strain called LSD OG probably one of my favorite that I've ran across I ran through a couple pounds of shake and trim and never I mean never found a seed but this s*** is absolutely daint trichomes all over it s*** smells lovely but like I said chance would have it I finally came across to seeds that were absolutely beautiful LOL

MDGrnthum68

MDGrnthum68

What that said chance would have it me having patience finally pay it off I make a good damn bit I hash and lately I've been using an awesome strain called LSD OG probably one of my favorite that I've ran across I ran through a couple pounds of shake and trim and never I mean never found a seed but this s*** is absolutely daint trichomes all over it s*** smells lovely but like I said chance would have it I finally came across to seeds that were absolutely beautiful LOL
Fuckin talk text, excuse the misspelled words and stuff that made no sense...the bud is dank real dank, I was LUCKY to find the 2 seeds

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

It's either a male or a hermaphrodite, see the pollen sacs? If you bought those beans from a reputable dealer I would save the pollen and in spare time try to make new plant. Sorry it's a boy!

mr green jeens

mr green jeens

cut and root a small branch or top move it far away save the pollen.. or cut the whole plant way down to 50% then wait a few days then cut it back to almost nothing leaving only a branch or two and the main stock one again move this plant far away ......spray down all female flowers except one top or smaller lower branch . ues a small art brush and spread the pollen on th dry flower ....the wet flowers will not take to the pollen that easley so the flower painted with pollen will be full beans of your favorite strain...ofcorse .all this is not done at once. ,,,,the timing on these steps can be found some place on this website...males are great .try to find one that smells while its still in veg .rub the stock and sniff..also look for shape and branch spacing... make somthing new and call it your own...

Top Bottom