Help CannaDana with her 2nd grow! Good vibes for good advice. 18 plants, 3 strains.

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDana

CannaDana

Hey farmers!

Today I started my 2nd ever grow. I was very happy with my first grow of 4 plants. This time I'm growing 18 plants, and want better yield. Got 2 lbs on my first grow with 1 light in a 4x4 space. This time, I have two lights, and am growing in a 50 sq. ft., 5x10 ft space. And I need you to get me going in the right direction. Here's what I started today (pics below):

18 clones:
  • 8 Kush Mint (Bubba Kush x Animal Mints)
  • 7 Gorilla Glue #4 (reliable, I hope, from grower licensed and certified by GG Strains)
  • 3 AJ's Sour Diesel (rare, genetics unknown and closely guarded)
FIRST QUESTION: What can you tell me about growing these strains? I'm a bit concerned about the Sour Diesel, as it's a sativa dominant hybrid and I'm wondering about canopy height with the other two. Any experience with any/all of these strains? Please tell me what I ought to know.

• Medium: plain Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil with mychorrhizae sprinkled on roots.
  • Containers: 1 gallon fabric bags, will transplant into 5-gallon bags in a 2-3 weeks depending on root growth.
  • Light: 2 Grower's Choice E-ROI720 full spectrum commercial LEDs, plus 1 supplemental Bloom Plus 3000 LED. Right now they are getting low 250-450 ppfd from one light on 18/6 photoperiod.
  • Space: 5 ft x 10 ft space in grow room. No tent. Mylar will be on walls when I start vegging. With 18 plants I'd normally want 72 square feet, but I'm going to try to get them all in 50 square feet, and possibly weed out some if weak or herm.
  • Nutes: Dunno yet. Used Fox Farm before. Thinking of going organic this time. Not sure. Help me make up my mind please!

Here are the clones today.

Help cannadana with her 2nd grow good vibes for good advice 18 plants 3 strains

Help cannadana with her 2nd grow good vibes for good advice 18 plants 3 strains 2

Help cannadana with her 2nd grow good vibes for good advice 18 plants 3 strains 3

QUESTION 2: Is there any reason I cannot grow these three strains together?

QUESTION 3: If you have grown any/all of these, what peculiarities do these three strains have, and what are their good and bad qualities?

Thanks. I learned a ton in my first grow. I hope to learn two tons this grow. šŸ˜Ž
ADVICE, WAR STORIES, AND CAUTIONARY TALES WELCOME.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Surprised nobody has offered their 2c yet.

First questions... yes imho you will have an issue running the sour diesel with gg4 and kush mints. For a few reasons. It will eat different amounts of nutrients and be far more picky, it will grow absurdly tall throwing off the general flow of the canopy in the room, requiring either extensive LST or scrog training, and it will flower for a LOT longer than the others.
It can totally be done, but from experience I think you could find it a bit frustrating, if not a total pain in the ass. But for rare sour D if it's real, could be worth it. I would personally keep that one alive as a clone and run it alone for grow #3. But that's how I do.

Transplanting out of fabrics can be a bad idea, the roots grow into it and when you remove it you can damage the roots leading to infections. You could just plant the whole fabric pot in another pot, but im not a fan of doing that. Again, personal preference for reasons.

As for food, if you like simple and effective, I like botanicare pure blend pro gro and bloom for an organically based soluble fertilizer. For non organic I like dyna gro foliage pro, bloom and mag pro. I'd also use something like protekt for the silica content.

Observationist

Observationist

wish i knew more to help, ive only done a few grows, and not for years or anything, i just know a thing or two but these guys know so much.

sambapati

sambapati

How about marine algae for nutrient? Seaweed, kelp and such are free if you live near the beach and are packed with the nutrients your plant loves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom