Help! Can't seem to find out what this issue is.

• Thread starter Nolrag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nolrag

Nolrag

Hi Everyone! First time posted here on THCFarmer.

I'm growing the Gelato strain in an indoor grow tent and only noticed today that some of my seedling leaves have some sort of discoloration on them.
Anyone have an idea of what it is? I thought it was leaf septoria (fungus) at first, but it seems too "organized" to be the fungus.
Do you guys think it's some sort of deficiency?

Capture1111
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm growing the Gelato strain in an indoor grow tent and only noticed today that some of my seedling leaves have some sort of discoloration on them.
Anyone have an idea of what it is? I thought it was leaf septoria (fungus) at first, but it seems too "organized" to be the fungus.
Is that coco?
How are you watering?
Lights and how close?
And nutrients being used yet?
It looks like magnesium but that doesn't mean you don't have enough.

Nolrag

Nolrag

Hey Aqua Man!

Soil: Fox Farm Happy Frog
Nutrients: None being used yet
Watering: Putting my finger in the soil about 2 inches and only watering when it's mostly dry.
Growing in an indoor tent: Indoor Grow Tent 28''x28''x64''
Lights: Mars Hydro Mars Eco 49 LED Grow Light

118311014 983936525403564 4300094561598690625 n
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey Aqua Man!

Soil: Fox Farm Happy Frog
Nutrients: None being used yet
Watering: Putting my finger in the soil about 2 inches and only watering when it's mostly dry.
Growing in an indoor tent: Indoor Grow Tent 28''x28''x64''
Lights: Mars Hydro Mars Eco 49 LED Grow Light
How much water are you giving them at a time? It looks like wet and dry spots. Imo i would water the pots thoroughly and then let it dry well before watering again which may take several days even a week depending on the temperature.

Nolrag

Nolrag

Don't mist the plants. The light will burn the leaves if they have water on them.
Ohhhhh that could be it! I'll monitor it over the next few days and we'll see if new spots develop :) Thanks so much for your help! You're awesome!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Actually I'm watering near their base, not all of the soil.
Yeah thats what it looked like. Roots don't grow into dry soil. There is a host of issues it creates when not evenly watering. I won't get into all the issues it can create but yeah imo water to saturate the whole media then let it dry well. Do not leave it sit in a tray that has runoff. If usng trays remove the runoff after watering. In your soil you don't want much runoff but rather just enough to wet all the media.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks Aqua Man! I've been watering all of the soil and letting it dry out before watering again.

It's been about 4 days since. Here's what they look like now:
Yeah the damaged portion s won't get better but new growth should improve

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yeah thats what it looked like. Roots don't grow into dry soil. There is a host of issues it creates when not evenly watering. I won't get into all the issues it can create but yeah imo water to saturate the whole media then let it dry well. Do not leave it sit in a tray that has runoff. If usng trays remove the runoff after watering. In your soil you don't want much runoff but rather just enough to wet all the media.

The drain pans got my ass already....lol...not sure if its a verticullum or whst..im going to start a new thread about it...im ditching the pans and cutting back all my plants(6 to 7ft tall)and repotting with a rootball cut back...font mean to highjack op's thread

Nolrag

Nolrag

So @Aqua Man you were right! New leaves grew in nice and healthy after I changed my watering habits.

It's been a couple weeks with no issues, but now I'm noticing this:

The tips of some of the new nodes have a slightly yellow color in comparison to the rest of the leaves. I have a plant where it doesn't do this. Maybe this is a non issue and I'm just hyper sensitive of my babies 😅

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They look much better... possibly the start of light burn

aaxiii

aaxiii

I had something similiar to the first photo and it was my lights. (LED 1000w) I put a T5 above it about a foot and when it looked better after a day or so, I put the light kissing distance away.

Nolrag

Nolrag

You guys are so quick and amazing <3

Right now I've got 2x 120W lights probably about 2.5 to 3 feet away from the tops.
Think I should move the lights up a bit?

Top Bottom