Help choosing my new UC system

• Thread starter the lorax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

the lorax

Hi everyone, I'd like to do a test run with a UC system to see if I like it...I'm thinking I'll definitely be doing trees and vertical lighting. My question is, what system do you think I should use to fill a 10'x10'x9'h room. I was thinking maybe the uc 4xxl 13 or the uc 6xxl 13. Ideally i would like to fill the space completely. Like I said this would be a test run, if it is successful I'd buy a larger system. Thanks to all that help

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

UC4XXL13 with 5X 1000 Dual Arc Vert or.....

UCE9XL13 with 4X 1000 Dual Arc Adjusta-wing Horizontal or......

2X UC8XL's with 4X 1000 Dual Arc Adjusta-wing Horizontal orrrr.....

Wild card is a UCE9XXL13 with 4X 1000 Dual Arc Vert.......but this is too little light for that canopy IMO.

T

the lorax

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards the 4xxl13, fewer plants and I'd like to get them huge and not be to tight on space. I noticed that you recommend the dual arc bulbs, are they really better even know they have a lower lumen output compared to a reg 1000w hps? Thanks for your help!

C

crossouttheiis

If you are just doing a trial run. Go with the 4xxl if you plan on expanding in the future. Im about to set up something similar soon in a 8 by8

M

mrdizzle

I like UC's wild card choice, cant grow the hugest trees but with 9 of them, if you get .75lb plants your doing pretty well for yourself

T

the lorax

I do like the looks of the UCE9xxl but with the size of the unit compared to the room dimensions I don't think I'd be able to get any lights on the perimeter of the room. I think it's gonna be the 4xxl13 and get them surrounded with the lights. Any thoughts about the dual arc bulbs? I've never used them, normally just run hortilux. Seems like a lot of people are running duals now. Is the fuller spectrum worth it even though they put out fewer lumens? Thanks!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

It's the rage ;)

Seriously in a multi lamp room I'd have to imagine a wide diversity of bulbs would help achieve the widest available spectrum....I guess in the final analysis though I'd run Supers and Dual Arcs cause I'm sentimental like that. I love Hortis.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Definitely feelin' the 4XXL with 5kw. I think reducing plant numbers and increasing watts is the yellow brick road to legal happiness.

UClover

UClover

I like the EVO9 with 4 x1000, saw one at the UG Grow show and fell in love!

Top Bottom