help choosing seeds please

• Thread starter tyson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tyson

I have trouble making a choice so any input would be appreciated.
I need something that dosn't stretch too much
potent
a decent yield and resonable flowering time
and feminized

right now im leaning towards opium from paradise seeds but these seeds from reserva privada sound tempting too either the og#18 or kandy kush, but ive never used that company before.......anyways any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

R

Rural_GrowOp

Reserva Privada is the shit bro. Cali genetics are hard to top. I would stick with something mostly indica for the height concerns and faster flowering times. Ultimately the choice is yours. Good luck.

T

tyson

has anyone grown the kandy kush? it says its og kush x train wreck....... would this be more potent or have a better or similiar yield to opium from paradise? would this strain be controlable height wise with topping/ training?

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
why feminized? just for better odds? i would recommend standard seeds. Sensi Star stretches very little, has a short flowering time, very good yield, awesome bag appeal and a knockout stone.

S

sound1744

white widow fits the bill perfectly.

peace. :bongsmi:

T

tyson

Im working with the senis star feminized at the moment unfortunatly i suck at cloning still. I did get 4 out of 4 females though so im satisfied with female seeds at the moment. I was thinking of sticking with paradise seeds since these have seemed to be working out at the moment although the senis star was a pretty slowww vegger. I also saw someone on thcbay has a pre98 bubba kush fem. basically im confused, so ya keep the suggestions coming lol.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
alot of the kushes stretch atleast the ones ive tried just 2 let u know

U

uwg13

I would probably go with standard seeds instead of feminized just to avoid hermies. Thats just me though. You should get some more posts in here at the farm until the thcbay opens up. There's some great genetics here, some of the best selection on the net. If I could get one thing on the bay that is currently for auction or BIN it would be the Purple Indica X SCreme BC1 by Cederberry Farms. Breeders I look out for new releases at the farm are OG Raskal, Mota Militia, Sannie, TopDawg, The Cali Connection, and Reeferman.
A great way to get an idea of which strain you want is visiting the breeders forums where you can see pictures of the plants and get extended details on the seeds. :)

R

ReelBusy1

just get a pack of everything on THCBay and you'll be fine...
:)

T

tyson

I was sketchy on the feminized seeds too..I still am really but there working for the moment....I'll probably just go with my first thought which was opium since I have seen some good grow logs of it on the net, was just hoping for some other opinions..... Im gonna have to probably shell out the cash for a ez cloner cause I suck at getting cuttings to root in rockwool cubes..... once I get that solved I would like to get some reg seeds off of thcbay Ive heared alot about the fire cut ograskal has so hopefully I can give something like that a try soon.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

White widow is a good starting point(as long as its not a GHSC copy)Yup the original (Ingmar) widow is super indica power. I have a widow cut that I've kept around since '95. To this day she is a keeper and a fav. among South FL growers. It easily holds its own with any OG kush, chem, or other elite. I read somewhere that Ingmars widow is now available through Desjamaan. Who knows for sure how close it will be to its origin??? I wouldn't go threw GHSC for widow though, definetly not a good idea. Would go with Shantis white family varieties, if I was searchin for a white fam keeper from seed. I believe the breed to be brazillian x south indian x afghani.....In The taxonomical nomenclature of Cannabis, cann. Indica was originally used to refer to south Indian sativas which is an interesting tid bit of info, I think.....So basically what is commonly referred to as an Indica species these days is actually most often an Afghani species, or species from the himalaya stretch across Bhutan, China, India, Nepal and Pakistan........I love my Widow momma she is a super skunky stinker, frosty as a blizzard, and yields great.....My cousin consistently pulls 1 and 1/4 ILBS off of this momma with a 430w hps. If I was just a cash cropper, and didn't use cannabis medicinaly I would just grow this baby.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Tyson screw the EZ cloner and just make you own aero-rooter......You can look in the DIY section for many design ideas. Youll save $$$$ and it is well worth the effort. You can go aqau-culture style with a raft type clone rooter, or make your own ez cloner type system. Trust me spending 3, 4, or 5 hundred bucks on an EZ cloner might seem worth it, but you can so easily recreate the same thing for a fraction of the cost. If you do decide to purchase some form of a propigator take a look at the botanicare 25 site cloner, its half the price of the EZ clone 30 site model and comes with power clone solution rooting hormone, and hydroguard bio-fungicide......Also any of raskals fire og x's are super fricking awesome, I believe in about 4 more weeks the fire white, fire OG s1's, and others like master white will be available again.

U

uwg13

Tyson screw the EZ cloner and just make you own aero-rooter......You can look in the DIY section for many design ideas. Youll save $$$$ and it is well worth the effort. You can go aqau-culture style with a raft type clone rooter, or make your own ez cloner type system. Trust me spending 3, 4, or 5 hundred bucks on an EZ cloner might seem worth it, but you can so easily recreate the same thing for a fraction of the cost. If you do decide to purchase some form of a propigator take a look at the botanicare 25 site cloner, its half the price of the EZ clone 30 site model and comes with power clone solution rooting hormone, and hydroguard bio-fungicide......Also any of raskals fire og x's are super fricking awesome, I believe in about 4 more weeks the fire white, fire OG s1's, and others like master white will be available again.

yeah im definitely waiting for the fire white and master white release :) wouldn't mind trying the fire s1

I wonder how close Mr Nice Black Widow is to the original White Widow also im sure even Nirvana's could be legit

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Yup, Im gonna stock up on the fire white and master white when they release, raskal said there will be plenty to go around so I'm hoping to get atleast two packs of each but 3 or 4 of each, would be ideal:) As for the black widow, I am pretty sure it is shantis version of white widow(real deal), just renamed after leaving GHSC; also I think the south indian is crossed to the afghani before being crossed to the brazilian sativa. I'd say shanti's black widow or Desjamaans ingmar seed line are the way to go for widow seed.

T

tyson

thanks for the response MIZZ E....I would love to run any of shanti's seeds but I want to stick with feminized this time so as far as femmed white widow goes there is quite a few but some that stuck out to me where CERES seeds ww, or maybe seedsman ww, once again I haven't tried these companies yet and haven't heard much about them......I wish Paradise would tell you the genetic makeup of there strains lol... o well

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

I've got soem nice white berry...this plant will just about double in flowering so if you need to keep her short, flip her at about 10 inches. Her yeild was really good about 2 1/2 oz dried on a plant about 30 inches tall and she finished in about 50 days. I had problems from everything else in my grow except this plant. My AK had powdery mildew and my big bang had ph problems but nothing affected the white berry. Good yield good smoke and very desease resistant

T

tyson

ya the white berry sounds good too.... thanks for the info I was wondering about the yield on her, do you mind if i ask what kind of light you were using for flower? Im curious cause I usually try keeping my plants around 30'' too.Thanks for the info

Top Bottom