Help! Damping off question, humidity

• Thread starter ItsAllMedical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ItsAllMedical

ItsAllMedical

I've lost one of my precious seedlings due to damping off. Made the mistake of using humidity domes.

Now temp is stable at 25°C, I've increased the air flow with a circulation fan, and I'm waiting to see if the others make it. My humidity is now low - about 45-50%. I know this is too low for seedlings but I wanted to dry everything out to stop the fungus. WWYD? Is the humidity being this low going to cause me problems? Seedlings are only a week old.

Quincyjay

Quincyjay

A seedling need humidity to live... until they have a healthy tap root they won't be able to survive without humidity in the air.

If you are going to keep it low you must make sure to spray the seedling at least twice a day with water that is ph at 5.8 to 6.2... keep out of light when doing this

ItsAllMedical

ItsAllMedical

A seedling need humidity to live... until they have a healthy tap root they won't be able to survive without humidity in the air.

If you are going to keep it low you must make sure to spray the seedling at least twice a day with water that is ph at 5.8 to 6.2... keep out of light when doing this
Cheers...I think they're well-rooted at this point. I've heard that bottom watering is better if pythium and other fungi are a problem. How do you balance the need to keep it dry for prevention of fungi vs. humid enough for seedling survival?

Quincyjay

Quincyjay

They used to sell a product that worked very well... think it was called damp off... I think its only available in the states now...
I had this issue years ago and I think I lost like 50% of the seeds.... I also started in a try with a dome.

When I start seeds now I put them into a cup with water in a veg room where we keep at 68 to 73%

I never tried to bottom water i would worry they would get too wet...

I remember getting a turkey baster and just giving them small amounts of water right on the soil slowly... like a drip system but using me as the cheap Chinese pump....

Could try bottom watering too... I'd be interested to see how that works out too

dbrzz

dbrzz

I've lost one of my precious seedlings due to damping off. Made the mistake of using humidity domes.

Now temp is stable at 25°C, I've increased the air flow with a circulation fan, and I'm waiting to see if the others make it. My humidity is now low - about 45-50%. I know this is too low for seedlings but I wanted to dry everything out to stop the fungus. WWYD? Is the humidity being this low going to cause me problems? Seedlings are only a week old.
Seedlings require 3 things….. light, warmth and moisture. Moist soil… not wet, warm enviornment… 72-78degrees, and a little light. Cannabis is a weed!! Let it grow. Dont overthink it!! If the enviornment is comfortable to you, your weed will like it too!!

dbrzz

dbrzz

Cheers...I think they're well-rooted at this point. I've heard that bottom watering is better if pythium and other fungi are a problem. How do you balance the need to keep it dry for prevention of fungi vs. humid enough for seedling survival? Use a fungicide prophylactic.

Top Bottom