Help design my rooms

• Thread starter gdood9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gdood9

So I had a bit of a security scare a couple years ago, shut everything down, and I'm finally back in the position to start growing again. I sold most of my gear so I'm essentially starting over from scratch. Unfortunately I'm having to start out small but it's better than nothing. I'm not used to being in rooms this small so I need some help with my setup.

Here's the spec's I'm working with and I'm also attaching a layout plan:

LxWxH on everything

Flower Room: 9' x 10' x 6 1/2'
Veg Room: 7' x 7' x 6 1/2'
Breeding/Seed Making Room: 6' x 7' x 6 1/2'

I have to run sealed rooms, no way around it. Fresh air exchange is just not a possibility at this location. I need some input on what would be the best setup for such tight spaces. I'm on a slight budget. I don't want to half ass anything but if I can save money, I'd like to.

Here's some idea's I have:

Flower:

In the flower room I want to run horizontal 4kw, open hood, flip flop, in a checkerboard pattern. Blockbuster hoods. 2kw flipping back in forth every 2 hours. 4 4x4 flood tables in a square on casters so I can move them around to work in there. They'd have to be as close to the floor as possible because of head room. Basket drip stakes. Scrog. Lots of Training. 18k btu mini split. Sentinel VCG-27 LP running only 2 burners. Santa Fe compact dehumidifier(70 pint/day). Does anybody think I'll need a bigger dehumidifier? The problem also is I'm worried about head room.

I could build a manifold and air cool the hoods but I'd have to keep the exhaust in the room venting towards the ceiling. Essentially I'd just be doing it to get the hoods lower. Does anybody think that would work? With 1k uncooled bulbs I'm gonna need at least 3 ft between the canopy top and the hoods. 6 1/2-7 feet of headroom isn't a lot of vertical space for open hoods.

or

Run a vertical s(cr)og. 2 x 600 HPS stacked. 3 or 4 levels of 6"x36" Dutch Leach Trays in a 3' x 3' square. 1 gal square pots. Basket drip stakes. Sentinel co2 generator. 18k btu mini split. Santa Fe compact dehumidifier(70 pint/day), big enough? I'd run 2 of these vertical s(cr)og in the same room.

What do you think?

Veg:

This one is pretty simple. Shelving with t5's for clones and a 600 hps open hood for mom's. Somewhere between 1,200 to 2kw in lighting. 18k btu mini split. Now I don't know what to do for Co2 and dehumidification. Should I go with a burner or bottle? I'm thinking burner. Are there cheaper dehumidifier's out there that are reliable other than Santa Fe's and the like? I can't see myself shelling out the money for a commercial dehumidifier in each room besides the flower room right now. I plan on keeping temps around 80-85, co2 ppm at 1000, and humidity at 70%.

Breeding/Seed Making Room:

One 600 hps open Blockbuster hood. 4x4 flood table. Basket Stake Drippers. 12K BTU mini split. Same question here. Co2 burner or bottle? Cheaper dehumidifier options?

The mini split I'm looking at is the 4 ton multi zone Mr Slim. I need a mini split system that will work at 0F. Usually it doesn't get down past 15-20F here but if you guys have any better ideas let me know.

I'll be running everything in all rooms in Coco. Most likely Canna nutes. Any ideas are welcome. I'm probably forgetting a few things too but I think I hit all the important parts.

Here's the layout.

Grow layout

G

gdood9

What do you guys think of these ideas?

Two 3x6 tables side by side with 3 600W HPS in non cooled blockbuster relectors over each table flipping in a checkerboard pattern every two hours.

OR:

Vertical setup similar to bobble racks using 6"x40" dutch leach trays with 3x600W stacked hps. 4'x4' inside diameter. I'd do two of these vertical setups in the same rooms and flip flop the lights so that one vertical sog is always lit at all times by the bulb in the middle and the other is lit by the bulbs on the top and bottom. They'd be flipping every two hours.

Do you think these options would work with my headroom?

Latest posts

Top Bottom