Help diagnose my plants please I’m scared

• Thread starter Ganjafama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolfe

Wolfe

There are some nutrients I’ve heard you can go with that won’t burn your plants and you won’t have to cook it for a month. Blood meal and bone meal I’ve heard need to be in cooked soils although I’ve never had a problem throwing it straight out. If you’re going to make a soil mix you need to go with something that is super basic and has almost no nutrients. Pro-mix you can get with microorganisms and it is pretty much a neutral mix. Then when I have the pro mix. I’ll fill the entire kiddi pool up with the pro mix( which has been recycled for years now for me) And I’ll start building my soil. I left out blood and bone meal this year and replaced with other stuff.
This recipe was designed to transplant right into this soil without burning. I put much smaller plants in my pots and they are kicking ass, I’ll post another pic later when I get out of bed lol. I used a similar recipe but had to modify because the store didn’t have in stock all those exact ratios. I did buy most the products with different ratios and added some of my own stuff. So this isn’t my exact recipe but something I used as a guideline. Hope it helps anyhow.
Worm castings
Bat guano 9-3-1 and 3-10-1
Alfalfa meal 2.5 -1-1
Green sand
Kelp meal 1-0. 1-2
Fish meal 10-4-0
Dolomite
Epson salt
Build your soil and just add water. I started doing this years ago and never looked back.

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Thanks for the help. Just want to clarify I haven’t fed any additional nutes just planted in FFOF which has water soluble nutes and I’m pretty sure with all the rain the girls are drowning in nutrients. They’re calling for sun the next couple days so hopefully the girls dry up a bit and come back. As far as all the fan leaves I’ve cut, those will never grow back right?
No, they won't grow back but it won't matter. Great learning experience you'll keep for future grows. Plants are looking better and some sun and drier medium should do them well.

I have a couple in the ground and we had 2 months of on and off again rain. They didn't grow much and I couldn't just move them into the garage. Once the weather changed two weeks ago growth has been 4-5" a week.

Your plants should be fine. 😉

Ganjafama

Ganjafama

Ok so I came home today to a scary sight no farmer wants to see. The 2 that were sick(Pineapple Express and French cookies)are terribly twisted and nutrient burnt to a crisp. One of my sour diesels is showing early signs too it seems if you look in the last couple pics. The one I super cropped and instantly regretted. The other one I lst’d Still looks 100% healthy though(last pic) I’m transplanting the girls right after I post this but my question now is what do I do with all this foliage that’s burnt to a crisp? Do I give these poor girls a serious prune job?

6D89F131 2A00 46C1 82F1 533CEC7A6D83
65A2AA82 20C6 41B7 8E14 2641CCE96866
A230E578 BB13 4D49 99E8 2AE486E52B8D
47AD3412 B095 4A70 BA15 1142C5D47375
5ABE406A 4208 4C27 9B4E 8055470D465C
A3EE35BA 03AE 41E4 A324 46B993875D98
86D4D7C2 42B7 4E8F B352 6F2A5CE50A68
294B732A 1457 4FA4 ABD3 954F1D0E1B0C
5FDACBBE 2FBA 463B 9CC9 64657C73AEB1
99120E27 7713 4256 B95E BED3EC845343
1ADC8621 D11C 4F60 99D1 8F758A6EC066
C2210617 6BC2 44AC BA19 F6DAA2DAC8BF
Wolfe

Wolfe

I would transplant first and wait for some new growth before going too much at her with scissors. Maybe a little wouldn’t hurt, but the plant might be stressed as is.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

I’m thinking of transplanting to 20 gallon fabric pots. Should I top with Epsom salts, do the hydrogen peroxide and cut the leaves in the meantime because I realistically won’t be able to transplant until at least Sunday by the time I get the bigger pots.

Don't transplant until they are root bound from the container they are in now. Too much soil without enough root can be problematic.

Is it very hot or could the plants have had super sun rays shining down on it for a long period of time? Some of the leaves are pointing/curled up like it is heat stressed. Curling downward tends to mean it is water abundance related.

Best of luck.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not sure why you want to prune and transplant these plants, especially when they're already heavily stressed? If they were mine I would give them a good flush and leave them alone for a minute so I could see what they were going to do and let them show me the issue, but you seem to be going down a different path with them so hope you figure it out, best wishes

FrankieG

FrankieG

Yeah, that's some good advice, transplant, and in you can't put them in the ground, put them in a fabric bag. Amazon has them cheap, here a link to some 40 gallon bags for less than 35 bucks https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KCJZ686/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 If it's nutrient burn, then use that peroxide solution, water it in good. The plant is stressed for sure, and opinion will vary on this, but I would sit down with each plant, a small sharp pair of scissors, and I'd prune ALL of that shit off of the plant. The sun is shining and they'll quickly recover if you act soon. Growing outdoors in plastic pots is truly a recipe for disaster, so many things can screw up your plants. If you can't put them in the ground, fabric bags are your next best option. Those plastic pots get sooo hot...we're still 2 weeks out from July...they're gonna absolutely bake in those tiny pots.

Ganjafama

Ganjafama

thanks Everyone for the help! I ended up transplanting to 20gallon fabric pots and pruning most of the crispy leaves. I also covered them from a couple rainfalls to let the soil dry right out which I may continue doing to have more control over the soil moisture. They all bounced back, lots of new healthy looking growth on them.
In line from left to right they are: French cookies, Pineapple Express and 2 sour diesels.

6CC453B3 C3C5 4889 9F9A 75F1BE06C35A
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Glad you sorted it out. But, 10 gallon pots were not the problem I dont think. FFOF is hot and when its overwatered it releases too many nutrients. Your plants looked simply overwatered for the type of soil they were in, resulting in fertilizer burn and wilt.

That said, they will be happier in 20g pots.

Ganjafama

Ganjafama

Agreed 100% on the hot FFOF. Being a new grower I was panicking and had to do something to make myself feel better, the 20 gallon fabric pots are definetely going to be better in the long run but I’m sure the plants would have bounced back in the 10 gallon plastic pots.I don’t think I’d cut the tips of the leaves either next time and I’d wait for them to recover before transplant/ prune. Lucky my plants were already rather large and could handle the stress because I definetely put them through more stress then necessary.

Ganjafama

Ganjafama

Hey everybody, thanks for all your help before. As were coming to the end of the season my girls are looking big and healthy but I’m starting to get a little concerned with these little fruit fly winged ant looking mother f****** flying all over my plants. They don’t seem to be doing any harm to them I just don’t want to find eggs or dead insects in my weed upon harvest. Anyways I’m attaching some pictures, in one of them I’m pretty sure I caught a mother birthing a couple or some sort of weird sex stuff (not sure) just wanted to see if anyone knows what I’m dealing with here . Also including a couple pics of my plants so you can see how well they recovered from the nutrient burn

07A9AEB1 8891 474C AD34 92933DE74ED8
F8D0012A B028 4F15 ACE4 B66984D6D076
C6B96C04 EECF 4728 92B4 541903EA320A
C5710ED0 264B 4E3C AE0A F56F30CA05A0
398F71B7 9543 4750 8407 C16CF87301CE
8804D2C2 E876 4FD6 946B 6A4216D5C48A
1CCF5FC0 4281 41E2 AE46 958B0D172B29
FCD91E84 2419 4797 A7F7 2B174BDCA7FF
0B79A95B CBB0 46FD 9EFB D21E429804D3
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Some of those bugs were regular flies, but there were also parasitic wasps in the one picture. These are great for controlling a lot of munching bugs, like caterpillars, katydids, and stuff.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

This thread is a long one, before i do an outdoor grow I find a strain suited to my environment, so I needed a strain that can handle humidity in the middle 70s, and temps 90+, with rain, we grew northern lights and pine warp, ffoc does hold water a long time so we grew in 10gal nursery pots with clay for drainage we found this easier to deal with than bags, got a bit of mold on the pine warp but not bad a few spots here and there, not only were you over watering you were over feeding, and whoever had the probe has the right idea the 2nd nuckle deal works fine indoors but outdoors the water can pool in the bag, thats another reason we chose pots over bags with the clay after a good rain we would go out and drain them, you already know u way overfed and burned not much you can do about that, think of it as a learning experience, and a whole bunch of people will disagree with useing pots over bags but with the wicked humidity and high temps and rain it was easier once the plants got big enough to be transplanted it was sep, this winter buy a cheap light or a good one if u can afford it and try indoors, but I think the best advice I can give at this point is next year do some research and find a strain suited for your environment this will save you considerable problems from the start, that was last year a motherfuckingcocknocker deer ate half of it we dragged them inside this year we put our plants between a dog run so no more of that, good luck.

IMG 20170903 130016769
az2000

az2000

Do the plants sit in direct sun? I would be concerned about the black-plastic containers getting hot in sunlight (or sitting on something like a concrete patio that gets hot). I saw someone who battled something like this or 2-3 weeks before realizing the roots were struggling with too-hot soil.

Also, it sounds like these were indoors for awhile, and you moved them outdoors? If so, I thought I've read before that plants should go through a process of "hardening." I've never grown outdoors. But, it's been my impression that it would be a stress to abruptly transition(? to full sunlight 14 hours a day, etc.).

[EDIT: Didn't realize it was an old thread. I'll just leave my post anyway.]

Top Bottom