Help diagnose the issue please.

• Thread starter longshanks0123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

longshanks0123

Hello everyone! I recently moved to Brazil and started a small indoor grow. I am week three into vegging photoperiod super silver haze and just performed my initial topping, I plan to SCROG. I first noticed a slight discoloration during the 2nd week of veg. The soil selection in Brazil is not Ideal, so I picked up some standard vegetable potting mix and mixed with coco fiber. The soil seems more clay based than what I am used to. Any help would be appreciated I am by no means an experienced grower. I did add small amount of nutes when I saw it initially thinking the soil was just void of nutes altogether (im not sure how I would even know that) I then backed off the nutes and decided to just water with no nutes added. Thanks in advance Pics were taken outside for lighting purposes

Pic 1 sshjpg
Pic2 sshjpg
Pic3 sshjpg
Pic4 sshjpg
Moshmen

Moshmen

Mixing soil and coco is tough pick one or the other imo both will need perlite added for drainage and air. I believe the combination you have will become compact and hard to grow in - I would careful remove as much dirt from plants as possible and replant in one medium or the other mixed with 25/30% perlite

just my opinion - you will be better off in the future

visajoe1

visajoe1

mixing soil and coco can lead to issues due to ph requirement differences and medium functions. but can also depend on how much coco you put in.

also looks like it needs some aeration (i.e. perlite)

but, its too late to fix that now, but consider it next time

what nutrients are you using? needs food

L

longshanks0123

Mixing soil and coco is tough pick one or the other imo both will need perlite added for drainage and air. I believe the combination you have will become compact and hard to grow in - I would careful remove as much dirt from plants as possible and replant in one medium or the other mixed with 25/30% perlite

just my opinion - you will be better off in the future
would you be able to recommend a nute ratio for vegging? Brazil is years behind in the game when it comes to packaged and ready to go nutes for growers and what's available is real pricy compared to the states.

Moshmen

Moshmen

would you be able to recommend a nute ratio for vegging? Brazil is years behind in the game when it comes to packaged and ready to go nutes for growers and what's available is real pricy compared to the states.
I personally use 3-2-4 but there’s along of great stuff out there that’s got nothing to do with weed. Dry salt based is probably where you will want to go

sportyridr

sportyridr

maybe if you post whats available to you folks could give you some ideas...soil with light nutes may be best choice due to lack of nutes available...we don't know

Silk689

Silk689

Have you got any soil left over? If so the 1st thing you need to do is 1) test the ph of that soil by doing a “slurry” test.

2) write down and let me know what your runoff water readings are of both the PH and the EC level. I can then advice further after i know the conductivity value of water that your using to start of with. 👍🏽

Latest posts

Top Bottom