Help diagnose what’s wrong with my girl

• Thread starter Grassgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grassgrower

Grassgrower

Hi, can anyone advise on what’s likely to be causing the browning on the leaves? This ones the worst but one of the others have brown spots and another has a tiny bit of brown. The rest seem fine. I’m growing in soil using biobizz nutes with 3X600w + 1X900w + 1X1200w led lights. Thanks in advance for any help given

Help diagnose whats wrong with my girl
Minitiger

Minitiger

Hi, can anyone advise on what’s likely to be causing the browning on the leaves? This ones the worst but one of the others have brown spots and another has a tiny bit of brown. The rest seem fine. I’m growing in soil using biobizz nutes with 3X600w + 1X900w + 1X1200w led lights. Thanks in advance for any help given

My guess is some kind of micronute deficiency (boron? Copper? Iron?). Or maybe even calcium? I’d skip the Biobizz nutes you’re using (Biobizz? What a joke.....) and water in some BioAg TM7. Straight water two days later and then a kelp/neem tea (1/2 cup neem, 1/4 cup kelp soaked in five gallons of water for 24 hours) two days after that. Then see how they look.

What’s the soil you’re growing in? What size pots, too? If you’re just in veg right now, I’d suggest getting them in bigger pots. But that’s dependent on the soil you’re growing in.

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

My guess is some kind of micronute deficiency (boron? Copper? Iron?). Or maybe even calcium? I’d skip the Biobizz nutes you’re using (Biobizz? What a joke.....) and water in some BioAg TM7. Straight water two days later and then a kelp/neem tea (1/2 cup neem, 1/4 cup kelp soaked in five gallons of water for 24 hours) two days after that. Then see how they look.

What’s the soil you’re growing in? What size pots, too? If you’re just in veg right now, I’d suggest getting them in bigger pots. But that’s dependent on the soil you’re growing in.

Growing in plant magic soil. Tbh I was thinking a deficiency of some kind because I’ve been using less nutes than recommended just because everywhere online says the most common mistake is too much nutes and that they don’t really need a lot. They are in 8L pots and are 4 weeks old today. I went for small pots as I won’t be growing very big plants due to height restriction.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I agree with too much nutes, possibly built up or locked out. the exaggerated raised ridges on the leaves has the overfed P or K look to it. Of course, too much P or K can cause a lockout of the other. Do you have a recent PPM/Ec measurement? Ph could be a factor, but with soil, there is less of a chance of it being a problem. Any special type or brand of soil? They seem pretty lush for not having too much nutes, although looks can be deceiving!

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

I agree with too much nutes, possibly built up or locked out. the exaggerated raised ridges on the leaves has the overfed P or K look to it. Of course, too much P or K can cause a lockout of the other. Do you have a recent PPM/Ec measurement? Ph could be a factor, but with soil, there is less of a chance of it being a problem. Any special type or brand of soil? They seem pretty lush for not having too much nutes, although looks can be deceiving!

Unfortunately I don’t. This is my first grow (except a practice run with autos) and didn’t think EC reading were that important. As I said above though I’ve gone really easy on the nutes but have been using additives (Bioheaven) if that could cause problems.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’ve kept nutes really low though. Would too much additives such as bio heaven cause these problems?

Does the soil have nutes in it to start? I dont know what bio heaven is. And what is low. Ec (ppm) is tje most important thing to monitor in my opinion. No real need to deal with ph in a buffered potting soil.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Is it just me , or is it difficult to see problems when the entire plant is purple ?
Please shut the light and take a pic in normal white light....
You can also consider mixing 30 % of perlite in your next soil grow , that would help with drainage and probably help with over all root health , which would result in better leaf / bud health...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
maybe overwatering with heat/light stress.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

EEB7D832 97E1 4731 BF78 39751DB9BDF9
Grassgrower

Grassgrower

Unfortunately I don’t. This is my first grow (except a practice run with autos) and didn’t think EC reading were that important. As I said above though I’ve gone really easy on the nutes but have been using additives (Bioheaven) if that could cause problems? PH was a concern of mine because before starting the grow I read that I don’t need to worry about ph in soil grow but have checked it each time anyway and it’s always been around 7 which I know is a bit high and when I searched around for an answer to this problem it seems it’s debatable whether ph should be adjusted in soil. It’s plant magic soil.

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

Does the soil have nutes in it to start? I dont know what bio heaven is. And what is low. Ec (ppm) is tje most important thing to monitor in my opinion. No real need to deal with ph in a buffered potting soil.

I’m pretty sure there’s no nutes in the soil. Well when I say low I mean nothing most of the time except bio heaven and root juice. They’ve had some fish mix at 1ml/1l on 3 of the occasions when being watered. They are 4 weeks old and have needed water roughly every 3 days, they had bio grow last time I watered (2 days ago) at 1ml/1l and I planned on giving them that each time they are watered now.

Grassgrower

Grassgrower

You can also consider mixing 30 % of perlite in your next soil grow , that would help with drainage and probably help with over all root health , which would result in better leaf / bud health...

When I did a practice run with the autos I did a mix of soil/coco/perlite and I found the perlite just seemed to come to the top after watering. I also done a couple without coco which turned out a lot better so when I set these up I decided to go fro straight soil. Maybe the perlite would help even if it appears to be just coming to the surface.

Latest posts

Top Bottom