Help diagnose yellow leaves please

• Thread starter Davros
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Davros

Hey guys!

I've looked online at a load of possible causes for whats going on but loads of different problems look the same to me so I figured someone on here could let me know for sure.

Im growing indoors with LED lights, Veg cycle (20 hours light) and I was using Canna Terra Flora. 1 lemon skunk and 1 big bud.

This problem started about 2 months ago, I stopped all nuits as soon as I saw a problem so the plants just have straight up water right now. Is this nuit burn? If anyone could shed some light as to what I need to do to fix it or any information to help me diagnose what is making my leaves yellow then go crispy.

I can take any amount more photos if it helps btw,

Cheers

Photo3 1
Photo4 1
St3ve

St3ve

Please post more info.. Nute levels (ec/ppm) growing style ect and how close to the lights

Well whenever I have leaves that look like that its because of them being too close to the lights. I have zero experience with LED's so YMMV.

D

Davros

Thanks for the reply. Im afraid I can't give you loads more info as Im a total noob grower (have done a few in natural light but this is the first inside). I have a UFO LED setup with 30 3W lights covering red and blue. The UFO has fans in it and doesnt really give out any heat, its warm to the touch.

One plant is about a foot below the light and the other is about 2 and a half feet below.

This is week 17 of veg, the light cycle has always been 20 hours. I plan to move to flowering ASAP but wanted to get the plants back to health first

Unit541

Unit541

I guess it could be some crazy deficiency, I've seen a few sulfur and zinc def. that looked sort of like that...

With that said, I've made leaves look exactly like that on many [very stoned] occasions. Didn't read the meter right... added something after checking... "Wait... did I already put part B in???"... letem grow into the lights, etc. etc. etc.

Week 17 of veg? I don't know about you, but for me, the point of growing Cannabis is to harvest the flowers! You say this started 2 months ago and you stopped feeding at that time. So everything was gravy for 9 weeks, then "something" happened, and for the last 8 weeks they've been getting just water? So what changed 8 weeks ago? First thing I'd do is go back to whatever it was you were doing for the first 9 weeks, I assume you're growing in soil since you're using Terra Vega. What else is in your soil? Are all the leaves affected? If not, upper or lower? If your dirt was hot to begin with, then you loaded it up with nutes, you're going to have all kinds of issues. PH problems, salt build up, lock out, immunodeficiency, etc.

F

FluffyBudz

How goes it Davros?

Hmmm.. as usual could be a number of factors contributing to this. Unit541 brings up some good points. Considering you said that they have been in Veg for 2+ months may be a factor. If they haven't been fed in two months, it is time to start again.

It almost looks like a late Phosporous or Calcium def. but I'd like a better look at these leaves BEFORE they dry out. Can you provide a picture of the entire affected plants? If they were my ladies, and they werent Root Bound from sitting in the same pots for 2 months, I would start by transplanting into fresh, organic soil. Be VERY careful to avoid contact with the Rootball, then continue with plain water for a week which should always be PH adjusted to 6.5-6.8 in SOIL... This will help ease them into a light nutrient schedule utilizing the food in the soil and get the microbes active again. Idk the content of Terra Flora, but start at 1/2 strength with a good organic BLOOM product, PH'd to 6.5-6.8, feeding every other watering.. I just dont know what else to tell you considering the vague details you provided. I can tell you that you will need some micro nutrients, Cal-mag, and Flower nutes if you wana keep them healthy to the finish. But DO NOT induce flowering if your plants arent stable.

Some questions answered might help us help you:

-First thing, what kind of water are you using? (Tap/Filtered, RO, Bottled?), and what is the PH you are adjusting to? How frequently are you watering?

-Up until you discontinued Nutes, how often were you feeding and at what PH?

- How big are your pots and how long have your plants been in them?

-Type of soil?

-Fans/Air flow and exhaust ventilation? Room type/Setup? (Tent, closet, Bedroom), Temperature in room day/night?

Top Bottom