Help Diagnosing Leaf Damage

• Thread starter Artorias
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Artorias

Artorias

Hello, I am a brand new farmer and I just started a month ago. I ordered my first grow kit on Pots for Pots. Com and so far it seems like a good deal. I noticed the other day that my plant is starting to yellow along the leaf tip and some of the leaves are getting blackish spots on them.
Any idea what could be wrong with it? Humidity stays between 60-70% and temp stays between 75° and 85° usually right below the latter. I use a spider farmer SF-1000D grow light and keep it on a 18-6 light schedule. In the past, I kept the light about 12 inches away but have since increased the distance for fear of light burn. Any advise on care for the plant or potentially changing my closet grow setup is greatly appreciated!

Help diagnosing leaf damage
Help diagnosing leaf damage 2
Help diagnosing leaf damage 3
Help diagnosing leaf damage 4
Artorias

Artorias

What do you feed it?

I fed it the nutrients that came with the starter kit, which theoretically should last through its life.

Provided Soil
Perlite
Coco Brick
Rooting Booster - Mycorrhizae Powder
Diatomaceous Earth

UPDATE: leaves are curling at the edge, I would assume from light damage but I have since increased distance from light.

Artorias

Artorias

How often and how much are you watering

I water every time I see the top soil dry out. I use spring water in a spray bottle. I would say I water 4-5 times a day pretty lightly until soil is fairly moist but not muddy.

Anthem

Anthem

I water every time I see the top soil dry out. I use spring water in a spray bottle. I would say I water 4-5 times a day pretty lightly until soil is fairly moist but not muddy.
I assume you are in coco and you are using try to use ferigation techniques to water your plant. Which is what you want to do but you have to let the plant grow roots to use this application. Try lowering your water amount to about 20 percent of what you are doing now and the plant should perk back up. You will have to add more water each watering as the plants grows and the roots fill in. The plant is over watered right now and that is causing the yellow leaves and drup.

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

I’m not a professional but I would get on a better water cycle ,4-5 times a day is a lot for a small plant like that. I would feel the weight of it now while it’s wet and heavy and let it dry out then water again when it’s dry a couple days later. Do you ph your water?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Less water till they bust heavy out the jiffy.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

curling leafs or “”raptor claws can be found from humidity and air flow issues.

Artorias

Artorias

curling leafs or “”raptor claws can be found from humidity and air flow issues.

thank you for the insight! I have been adjusting my setup to allow for more airflow and got the humidity down a touch. I’m sure I have been overwatering it like a lot of the other replies said. I will post an update in a few days if I see any progress.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You are overwatering. Water only when the soil dries out and the pot feels lighter. It's not light burn.

Top Bottom