S

scotta

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seeds
2. How old are your plants? 4 weeks from sprouting
3. How tall are your plants? 12"
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 gallon
5. What is your soil mix? A Pot for Pot
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Watering when container is light, meter says dry, every 3-4 days, 32oz
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? First dose of Jack's 321 on Monday -50% mix
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Spider Farmer ES2000
11. How close are your lights to the plants? Just moved the light up to 22", it was at 18"
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Spider Farmer 4 x 2 x 6 tent
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? RH about 60%, temps 75-80
14. What is the pH of the soil? no tested
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
16. How much experience do you have growing? This is my second grow. First was photos in really bad soil, but learned a lot and got about 4 oz of terrific stuff.

So the tall plant is an LSD Auto from ILGM. It was looking great until yesterday. I may have been overly aggressive, being an auto. Fimmed the plant 10 days ago and seemed to recover well. Then I did some LST this week and after that the leaves are not looking good on the branches that I lst'd. Also on Monday I gave the first dose of Jack's 321 at 50% strength.
yesterday I released the LST ties and watered today with filtered water PH's to 6.5

Also raised the light to 22" and decreased output to 60%. (was at 100% at 18".)

The other plant is a Vanilla Latte auto from Humboldt that's looking good.

Help?

Help diagnosing new issue with auto lsd
Help diagnosing new issue with auto lsd 2
Help diagnosing new issue with auto lsd 3
Help diagnosing new issue with auto lsd 4
Help diagnosing new issue with auto lsd 5
Help diagnosing new issue with auto lsd 6
Help diagnosing new issue with auto lsd 7

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seeds
2. How old are your plants? 4 weeks from sprouting
3. How tall are your plants? 12"
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 gallon
5. What is your soil mix? A Pot for Pot
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Watering when container is light, meter says dry, every 3-4 days, 32oz
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? First dose of Jack's 321 on Monday -50% mix
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Spider Farmer ES2000
11. How close are your lights to the plants? Just moved the light up to 22", it was at 18"
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Spider Farmer 4 x 2 x 6 tent
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? RH about 60%, temps 75-80
14. What is the pH of the soil? no tested
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
16. How much experience do you have growing? This is my second grow. First was photos in really bad soil, but learned a lot and got about 4 oz of terrific stuff.

So the tall plant is an LSD Auto from ILGM. It was looking great until yesterday. I may have been overly aggressive, being an auto. Fimmed the plant 10 days ago and seemed to recover well. Then I did some LST this week and after that the leaves are not looking good on the branches that I lst'd. Also on Monday I gave the first dose of Jack's 321 at 50% strength.
yesterday I released the LST ties and watered today with filtered water PH's to 6.5

Also raised the light to 22" and decreased output to 60%. (was at 100% at 18".)

The other plant is a Vanilla Latte auto from Humboldt that's looking good.

Help?

View attachment 1326216View attachment 1326217View attachment 1326219View attachment 1326220View attachment 1326221View attachment 1326222View attachment 1326223
I am a noov so take my advice with a grain of salt. That being said I think you tied those branches off way to tight and cut off the circulation to those branches.

S

scotta

I am a noov so take my advice with a grain of salt. That being said I think you tied those branches off way to tight and cut off the circulation to those branches.
That was my thought too. I took the ties off. I was using plant tie but maybe to aggressive.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

That was my thought too. I took the ties off. I was using plant tie but maybe to aggressive.
You can put some tape around wherever you tied them off. It helps to hold it together as it heals. Ask me how I know this lol

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Definitely dial that light back until they recover. You can always just cut those branches off of they don't heal in week or so. Atleast your main cola is intact.

S

scotta

Thanks for the replies. We'll see how it goes this week.

E

elusiveshame

Your light was way too close and way too bright.

LED's are recommended to be 22-30" away from the canopy. 60% is good for now.

It looks like you have a nitrogen deficiency. Whats the soil you're using treated with out the bag? I've never heard of a pot for pot (looks like a grow kit? I couldn't find anything on their site about whats in their soil), so it's hard to say what nutrients you should be adding.

S

scotta

It’s a grow kit I am trying because my first grow soil was way too dense.

This is some Super Soil with coco coir, diatomaceous earth and root promoter added.
It’s supposed to have muted for 4-5 weeks.
I’ve just been watering but on Monday did a dose of Jack’s 321 at 50%.

E

elusiveshame

Ah. I don’t know much about coco. Maybe @Aqua Man and chime in.

E

elusiveshame

It sounds like the kit over complicated things. Perlite is fine as that helps with drainage and aeration and is in every premixed bag of soil.

Typically you either grow in soil, or coco, but not both (at least from what I’ve seen).

I’m not sure how the coco affects the soil, if at all.

It does look like a nitrogen deficiency, though. Might as well cut that one huge leaf off that’s 80% dead as it’s not doing the plant any good (those brown spots won’t recover).

Hopefully someone else will chime in that has more experience than me.

S

scotta

Here's a description of the Superb Soil;

Description​

Perfect for the 1st timer, or the experienced hydroponic grower who wants to learn growing cannabis in Superb Soil. Our marijuana soil recipe is 6x denser than your standard store-bought soil. We mix over 26 natural soil amendments into our blend to ensure your cannabis plant grows with all the nutrients it needs to go from seed to harvest by just adding water.

S

scotta

It sounds like the kit over complicated things. Perlite is fine as that helps with drainage and aeration and is in every premixed bag of soil.

Typically you either grow in soil, or coco, but not both (at least from what I’ve seen).

I’m not sure how the coco affects the soil, if at all.

It does look like a nitrogen deficiency, though. Might as well cut that one huge leaf off that’s 80% dead as it’s not doing the plant any good (those brown spots won’t recover).

Hopefully someone else will chime in that has more experience than me.
I agree. I won't use that again but it's an improvement over the crappy organic spoil from Lowe's that I used last time.
I'll cut the dying leaf off and see how it responds.
Thanks.

E

elusiveshame

can you please stop this is becoming laughable
It’s laughable that you can’t read. Clearly you ignore the part where I said from what I can tell. That implies the info may not be correct. Maybe try to find something better to do with your time if you aren’t going to help OP.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

It’s laughable that you can’t read. Clearly you ignore the part where I said from what I can tell. That implies the info may not be correct. Maybe try to find something better to do with your time if you aren’t going to help OP.
heres what i can tell..you probably have what two or three grows under your belt. im right yes. yet i keep observing you commenting on different threads where you give advice on what to use and how to grow. ill probably be having to spend my time here cleaning up after your miss information, in turn helping the OP. think about it

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

again.. @scotta these comments can be removed from your thread.just report them

Top Bottom