Help! Does this look like mildew?

• Thread starter MichiganCannabisKid2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MichiganCannabisKid2

MichiganCannabisKid2

In the attached photo is a bud from some Giant Zkittles that my caregivers have grown for me. Is this white mass sprouting from the stem of this bud mildew? I need outside opinions. The buds smell citrusy with a bit of earthy musk to them. As you can see most of the veins of the leaves are brown. This sample has made me cough significantly more than their other grows. The stems also have spiny white hairs that might be trichomes but I don’t think so. Any outside opinions would be great thank you!

Help does this look like mildew
Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

Not really. I wouldn't rule out bud rot, but it's very hard to tell from that photo. Powdery mildew is dusty and fragile, looks like a dusting of fine flour. Whatever that is looks like it's dense and sticky, but again, it's tough to really tell from that photo. (it almost looks like a cluster of clear bugs in places)

Is it all over the weed or just isolated in this one bud?

MichiganCannabisKid2

MichiganCannabisKid2

Not really. I wouldn't rule out bud rot, but it's very hard to tell from that photo. Powdery mildew is dusty and fragile, looks like a dusting of fine flour. Whatever that is looks like it's dense and sticky, but again, it's tough to really tell from that photo. (it almost looks like a cluster of clear bugs in places)

Is it all over the weed or just isolated in this one bud?

It is present throughout every bud in some form in about 6-8 ounces total. The trichomes look a lot smaller and darker than the anomaly. It does scrape off with a knife but takes some of the stem with it. The stems also aren’t healthy on the inside and are a bit dull. Definitely not powdery but whatever it is seems a bit foreign

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Could be budrot. It spreads from the stem out usually. Would help if you could take a few more pics with better focus.

Top Bottom