Help! Early signs of Mag or Nitro deficiency? Also what's wrong with the stigmas?

• Thread starter StoopidGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StoopidGrower

This is my first grow. On day 16 of flower. RH around 45-50. I'm using foxfarm trio and pk booster trio at 1/4 strength. I also mix 2ml of Cal-mag in with nutes as preventative and on a water, water, feed schedule. I am in a 2 gallon pot so I have to water everyday. Ph well water between 6.2-6.5. Using happy frog soil in a 3x3x6 tent with 200w LED and 6inch inline fan running 24/7. Deficiency is starting at bottom of plant so from what I understand it means it is a mobile nutrient deficiency. So I'm thinking either Nitrogen or Mag? Think I should up the nutes to half strength? Or flush and gradually increase nutes? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Also, the stigmas on a couple of buds are turning brown on the ends! Is this normal? I feel like it is too early for it to be changing color already.

Ps- The new growth leaves seem to be thinner than the older growth leaves. I checked for balls and nanners and didn't find any and it's a little droopy bc I just got home and watered for the day.

Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas
Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas 2
Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas 3
Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas 4
Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas 5
Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas 6
Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas 7
Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas 8
Help early signs of mag or nitro deficiency also whats wrong with the stigmas 9
Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's not N or Mg deficiencies. I'm not seeing any deficiencies here.

You might be overwatering or watering improperly. Watering every day sounds like something is wrong.

There are many reason that stigmas can shrivel prematurely. Those buds might be too close to an intense light, they got some kind of substance on them that desiccates them, or they were pollinated. My guess is too close to the light. You mention your RH, but not your temperatures, so there could be a clue in there about this.

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

You might be overwatering or watering improperly. Watering every day sounds like something is wrong.

There are many reason that stigmas can shrivel prematurely. Those buds might be too close to an intense light, they got some kind of substance on them that desiccates them, or they were pollinated. My guess is too close to the light. You mention your RH, but not your temperatures, so there could be a clue in there about this.
Second the everyday watering is prob the prob.

Observationist

Observationist

What kind of light? Perhaps the brown pistils are burned, maybe the led is too close, but I doubt that as it’s 200watts

Also, you can use Epsom salts for Mg
Seems to be more demanding with full spectrum LEDs

S

StoopidGrower

Temps are 80-86. A bit high but can't get it much lower right now. Which is probably why it uses more water. When I water, the pot is light and the top inch of soil is dry. I even stuck a meter in there and every day 24 hours later it says it is dry. Also, I don't think the browning pistil tips is from the light bc the buds that are closer to the light are not burnt looking at all. The healthy pic I posted is the bud spot closest to the light. Can wind burn cause this maybe? I have a 2nd fan pointing down that u can't see in pic. I really hope they didn't get pollinated somehow!

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Touching them can also cause the browning, any chance you may have accidentally bumped or rubbed up against it?

S

StoopidGrower

Touching them can also cause the browning, any chance you may have accidentally bumped or rubbed up against it?
Yeah, I did make a bit of a mess in the tent recently and pushed the plant up against the wall for a bit while I cleaned it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom