2. Hygrozyme
  3. Botanicare Liquid Karma
  4. Botanicare Cal Mag +
  5. Sensi Grow A
  6. Sensi Grow B
  7. AN Voodoo Juice
  8. Vitamax Plus
  9. Rapid Start
RO water adding about 200 PPM of CalMag.
Lights at 125w @ 3 feet.
PPM @ 800 and ph @ 5.8
65-75 degrees. ~60% RH

First picture is from Saturday (2days ago) and I just took the sprayed picture. I'm thinking its a mag deficiency but also thinking it might be a potassium deficiency?
Any help would be appreciated.

Help figuring out what deficency my girls are going through
Help figuring out what deficency my girls are going through 2
Last edited:
farmer219

farmer219

The tips don't seem too burnt out but it looks very similar to the yellowing of Potassium Deficiency.

Would you recommend I flush them?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Stop giving them calmag!!

I swear calmag has killed more grows than any other nutrient.

The base nutrient has PLENTY of cal/mag already in it.

In fact the nutrient states to use RO water......reckon why that is?? Cause maybe there is plenty Cal/mag and all the other nutrients in it already???? DUH!!!

So what is the FIRST thing you did with your RO water???? You dumped 200ppm of cal/mag in......does that make ANY kind of sense??

If your gonna use a PH balanced nutrient like Sensi gro or bloom, you need RO water, and you need to drop all those additives except for voodoo juice.

If you want to use all those additives then you need a different base nutrient.

Last edited:
farmer219

farmer219

I see where your comingi from @
Your base nutrient Sensi grow also has kelp and seaweed in it, so you can drop liquid karma, your base nutrient also has a surfactant in it.....

The silica is ok to add, but in very very very small amounts.

Rapid Start is not needed because your using voodoo juice......

Are you starting to see why your poor plants don't stand a chance in hell????

The reason i'm using RO water and adding cal mag is that my tap water is at 400 ppm and read that i shouldn't use it unless it starts at 200ppm.

I see where youre coming from with too much nutrients. Please forgive me this is my first grow and just want my babies to be happy haha.
SOOOO
Just keep Sensi Grow, VJ, Silica. What about hygrozyme?

farmer219

farmer219

Whats weird is that only ONE plant out of my 7 have this issue. They're all clones from the same mother - this one must be from a weaker branch or something.

farmer219

farmer219

Maybe im a dummy but my thinking is that if i'm measuring my PPM to 800 there shouldn't be a nutrient burn because usually burn is because your ppm is too high.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Maybe im a dummy but my thinking is that if i'm measuring my PPM to 800 there shouldn't be a nutrient burn because usually burn is because your ppm is too high.

Ppm is amperage. Transpiration is voltage. Together you have wattage. Is that 1/7 plant in front of your intake/fan? Don't feed plants that aren't growing, the nutes will never make it to the new growth. (that's what nute burn is, the water getting sucked out of new growth by salts locked up lower in the plant)

farmer219

farmer219

Ppm is amperage. Transpiration is voltage. Together you have wattage. Is that 1/7 plant in front of your intake/fan? Don't feed plants that aren't growing, the nutes will never make it to the new growth. (that's what nute burn is, the water getting sucked out of new growth by salts locked up lower in the plant)

No its not in front of a fan.
The plant's still growing fine and is about to touch the 12" trellis net. Should I flush it with half strength nutrition? The other plants are starting to show yellow tips too, similar to this but not as bad.

farmer219

farmer219

Here's a picture of the other plants. They're showing signs of whatever this is 😭

IMG 4591
IMG 4592
IMG 4593
IMG 4594
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ppm is ppm and has nothing to do with nutrient burn. Its the makeup and ratios of the ppm that is important. If your ratios are know you can feed based on nitrogen. In most ferts you achieve 120ppm of nitrogen at around 600-800ppm. Can be higher if using other additives. Now ppm (salinity) can cause a lockout by reducing water uptake as water will flow from lower salinity through cell membranes to higher salinity so yes in that instance ppm is important but this doesn't usually cause issues so much as the ratios.

What is the media and watering practices (how often, how much)

And I agree about using all those additives... no need to be doubling up on stuff because the bottle says so.

farmer219

farmer219

Ppm is ppm and has nothing to do with nutrient burn. Its the makeup and ratios of the ppm that is important. If your ratios are know you can feed based on nitrogen. In most ferts you achieve 120ppm of nitrogen at around 600-800ppm. Can be higher if using other additives. Now ppm (salinity) can cause a lockout by reducing water uptake as water will flow from lower salinity through cell membranes to higher salinity so yes in that instance ppm is important but this doesn't usually cause issues so much as the ratios.

What is the media and watering practices (how often, how much)

And I agree about using all those additives... no need to be doubling up on stuff because the bottle says so.
I see.

I'm using rockwool (grodan) and watering about every 5-6 days. I water each of them about 1.5L with about ~15% run out.

As far as additives, yeah im going to start cutting down on additives - what a rookie mistake.

Should i flush them out with half strength nutrients?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

It doesn't get any simpler.....your using good products.

You want to start with RO water.....to that RO water add ONLY this in this order.

1. Add 4ml of Sensi Grow Part A per gallon of RO water.
2. Add 4ml of Sensi Grow Part B per gallon of RO water.
3. Add 2ml of Voodoo Juice per gallon of RO water.

Give it to your plants.

Done!

You will NEVER have a problem if you follow this schedule....promise!

Don't PH the water..... Don't add cal/mag......nothing!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I see.

I'm using rockwool (grodan) and watering about every 5-6 days. I water each of them about 1.5L with about ~15% run out.

As far as additives, yeah im going to start cutting down on additives - what a rookie mistake.

Should i flush them out with half strength nutrients?
Not a rockwool guy but I would prob flush through a decent amount to reset the media.

Think you are not water often enough. @TheBioMaster has some good advice.

I'll tag some guys i know that kill it in rockwool and see if they can help ya sort out the watering, ph, ppm etc.

@cemchris @Dirtbag

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I already posted the needed things he needs to do.

The reason Sensi Grow nutrients need RO water is because there is a balanced amount of nutrients made specifically for cannabis plants when mixed properly.

RO water gets you as close to "0" PPM's as possible which is what you want when using this nutrient system. Everything is covered and in the right amounts needed for good healthy growth, in the two part base.

Voodoo juice covers the bacteria needed for your root system.

So when you deviate from this by adding in other products, you throw off the balance of the nutrients.....

When you start at say 200ppm with tap water, your starting with 200ppm's of who knows what.....unless you go and have a water sample analysis done.

The Sensi line also contains buffers and chelates to keep nutrient availability optimal, so you have no need for ph adjustments at all. RO water helps these things to work better, as most tap water is to hard or soft usually.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Damn yeah not enough waterings. Have you got roots poking out the bottom of the blocks? If so hit them with water/food at least once a day.

Like Biomaster said, drop everything except the base nutes and voodoo juice, and maybe silica. If you use silica add it to the water before adding nutrients. But i think the biggest problem is you arent fertigating frequently enough. Once you see roots out the bottom you should be daily watering for sure.

farmer219

farmer219

Damn yeah not enough waterings. Have you got roots poking out the bottom of the blocks? If so hit them with water/food at least once a day.

Like Biomaster said, drop everything except the base nutes and voodoo juice, and maybe silica. If you use silica add it to the water before adding nutrients. But i think the biggest problem is you arent fertigating frequently enough. Once you see roots out the bottom you should be daily watering for sure.
I actually feed them about 1.5L every 5 days and only feed them when they're paper light. Good thing about rockwool is that it holds a shit load of water and don't need daily feedings until later on.

Yep i add silica first before anything. I believe the roots are ok. Here's a picture

I already posted the needed things he needs to do.

The reason Sensi Grow nutrients need RO water is because there is a balanced amount of nutrients made specifically for cannabis plants when mixed properly.

RO water gets you as close to "0" PPM's as possible which is what you want when using this nutrient system. Everything is covered and in the right amounts needed for good healthy growth, in the two part base.

Voodoo juice covers the bacteria needed for your root system.

So when you deviate from this by adding in other products, you throw off the balance of the nutrients.....

When you start at say 200ppm with tap water, your starting with 200ppm's of who knows what.....unless you go and have a water sample analysis done.

The Sensi line also contains buffers and chelates to keep nutrient availability optimal, so you have no need for ph adjustments at all. RO water helps these things to work better, as most tap water is to hard or soft usually.

Just to be sure if my starting water ph is 7.8 and I'm using the Sensi line, I wouldn't need to PH?

IMG 4595
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, you should be watering once a day to about 10-15% runoff at this stage. I think they were/are becoming deficient in K.

Top Bottom