Help. First crop. Is this normal

• Thread starter Quasimodo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quasimodo

Quasimodo

My plants have seeds. I harvested one, some had seeds some didn’t. Pistils are growing from the seeds. They might be ovaries but I had actual brown seeds pop out of a plant I just harvested. They are all from the same seeds. Are they Hermies?

490B5F55 952D 42AE A202 F4B0844E494A
BE958F9C 7055 4B7B 9570 E69A6BDDB9F7
Quasimodo

Quasimodo

Nute burn was after flush. Don’t think I used enough water to flush. Only used 5 gallons for the 10” pots. Should have used more. But, will they really produce seeds that fast? I flushed a week ago

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Flushing didn't do that, it was stress as was said above because they don't produce seeds that fast. On the positive side if they are mature enough maybe you can grow from the seeds? good luck!

Screenshot 20200327 161620 Chrome

Reactions: Ina
Quasimodo

Quasimodo

So I still don’t know the cause. The nutrient burn isn’t old. Just wish I knew the real issue at play here. Frustrating to put in work and see it flop. Live and learn

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I still don’t know the cause. The nutrient burn isn’t old. Just wish I knew the real issue at play here. Frustrating to put in work and see it flop. Live and learn
In that screengrab I posted it's likely a potassium deficiency caused by a lockout

Flush probably helped but you said you didn't use enough water so probably didn't help it enough

All in all not a bad first grow, congrats! good luck!

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

Sometimes it’s genetic. Some plants are more prone to herm than others. Usually once an ovule is successfully pollinated, the pistil with die off.

Reactions: Ina
Quasimodo

Quasimodo

Sometimes it’s genetic. Some plants are more prone to herm than others. Usually once an ovule is successfully pollinated, the pistil with die off.
So since the pistils aren’t dying off, it did not get pollinated, it stressed and hermied, correct?
I don’t have a pic since I’m not home, but I have a plant, it’s got a full seed grown, it’s a brown seed, with two pistils coming out

Anthem

Anthem

There are a couple of things that will cause a female plant to generate seeds. The first being obvious, a male released its pollen. The second is there was pollen in the room. Third would be pollen got into room from outside the grow. Last way would be the plant hermied. The genetics can cause the plant to hermie. I have seen this before and it nearly cost me a grow. Additionally, the plant can get stressed out and cause the plant to hermie, which is probably the cause for your problems.

Seraphine

Seraphine

So since the pistils aren’t dying off, it did not get pollinated, it stressed and hermied, correct?
I don’t have a pic since I’m not home, but I have a plant, it’s got a full seed grown, it’s a brown seed, with two pistils coming out
About how many seeds did you find? Do you see hermaphrodite pollen sacs? They look like bright green bananas coming out of the calyx.

Quasimodo

Quasimodo

About how many seeds did you find? Do you see hermaphrodite pollen sacs? They look like bright green bananas coming out of the calyx.
No, I don’t see any pollen sacs. Strictly calyx turning into seeds. I’m flushing them all and trimming off yellow fan leaves. Flushing each with 15 gallons of 6.1 pH water. Hopefully it stops. If not, I’ll harvest and freeze and extract

Top Bottom