Help! First Time Grower - Girls Stretching Like Crazy During Pre-Flowering.

• Thread starter deadlysars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I was using Distilled water but it got too costly so for about 3 weeks I was using just my city water (PPM 180) along with Fox Farm Nutrients (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom). I just got an RO system a couple weeks ago so I been using that along with Fox farm nutrients and Cal/Mag.

Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
PH - 6.5-7 Usually AFTER mixing nutrients
View attachment 1144843

View attachment 1144842
Yea, I think this is buildup of un-used nutes and lack of sunlight, so you might want to consider dialing down the nutes some, if your on the higher side.
Probably excess N, would be my guess.

Are they mostly in lower area's not getting much light? or maybe spots that got re-arranged and might be shadowed by stuff on the topside?
That's going to be the balancing act with this grow, because it's so stretched to some extent.

It's hard to say what to do here, but I think keeping things open should probably help the most, keep defoliating this project as it goes along. The secondary leaves should take over much of the end energy needs, I suspect.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
On a side note, if your ever wanting some seeds that aren't going to stretch too much on you, I can probably help in that vein. Lot's of that is the lights themselves, but to some extent it's genetic, and all the gear I run is very tight noded stuff.

These EMA autos really are some short little cola monsters.
They took a little beating in the heatwave, but they still turned out pretty short and squat.

That's Kinda what I bred these things to be, short, squat, and for potency. Current round of breeding is focused on improving pheno/density/colors with some help from Pedro. (HP7)

IMG 20210627 232605075
Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I was using Distilled water but it got too costly so for about 3 weeks I was using just my city water (PPM 180) along with Fox Farm Nutrients (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom). I just got an RO system a couple weeks ago so I been using that along with Fox farm nutrients and Cal/Mag.

Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
PH - 6.5-7 Usually AFTER mixing nutrients
View attachment 1144843

View attachment 1144842
RO is not a good choice for plants. A basic carbon filter will get rid of 90% of flavors and junk, but it does nothing for the plants themselves.
I would cut the feed amounts in half. Those numbers are the most you can feed your plants without killing them. They want to sell more product.

Those 'black spots' you're talking about are signs of too much or too little of something.
I think I gave you the articles on watering, if I did not, please let me know.

deadlysars

deadlysars

I figure I'll just add to this thread.

How does the trichomes look? I see a little amber. 2 more weeks or so?
20210730 115302

20210730 115314

20210730 115319

Top Bottom