Help first time grower

• Thread starter JulianY413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JulianY413

JulianY413

Hello everyone, this is my first time growing with actual equipment, now mind you this plant has been through a lot already so I’ll skip the chase but I haven’t used any fertilizer and I don’t ph my water, but I’m about 2-4 weeks into flowering and my plant has burnt tips on the leaves and I’m not too sure why and there’s a lead on the very bottom that’s almost completely brown, is there anyway I can fix it?

BigCube

BigCube

Hello everyone, this is my first time growing with actual equipment, now mind you this plant has been through a lot already so I’ll skip the chase but I haven’t used any fertilizer and I don’t ph my water, but I’m about 2-4 weeks into flowering and my plant has burnt tips on the leaves and I’m not too sure why and there’s a lead on the very bottom that’s almost completely brown, is there anyway I can fix it?

Not a lot of Info to go on. Telling us your setup helps diagnose issues.

That being said without pics or any real information, it sounds like you need to feed. But more information needs to be given before any real conclusion can be made. Pics also help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pics and details of environment. If I was to shoot a laser into space and try to hot a planet I can't see I would say sounds like K deficiency and other nutrient issues. Cause... no hope in hell without more info and this if I hit the planet I can't see with my laser.

JulianY413

JulianY413

Not a lot of Info to go on. Telling us your setup helps diagnose issues.

That being said without pics or any real information, it sounds like you need to feed. But more information needs to be given before any real conclusion can be made. Pics also help.
Sorry made this last night, I realize I wasn’t giving a lot of information, here are some pictures and videos of my plant, I’m working with the equipment I got, but what would I feed it ?

E44FB801 519B 47C0 AF14 DD169F6813F6
52C0B38A BC8C 4909 8D11 DFF0314DA72A
8B3E6140 7269 46D6 9F11 1418241EC4F1
9AF053B9 E538 4515 A053 A703D8453B84
846E0EB3 C79D 4BAD 896B 35D444A6EB82
36962CF3 6BC0 4DD7 BD2A 79BBAE8728B7
JulianY413

JulianY413

Pics and details of environment. If I was to shoot a laser into space and try to hot a planet I can't see I would say sounds like K deficiency and other nutrient issues. Cause... no hope in hell without more info and this if I hit the planet I can't see with my laser.
I posted some pictures and videos of my plant to the reply above, but here is the brand of the tent I use as well if that has anything to do with it

FCBF3722 9294 487B AD0F 058B12D52A3A
13D712AC 8B25 48DF 893C DD81A805A776
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So my thoughts on possibilities are.

1. Excess calcium. (Possible but unlikely)
2. Very early potassium deficiency. (Leaning this way because tips are pointed up not clawing?
3. Excess nitrogen (plants are a bit darker but not shiny or clawing from what I see)
4. Light burn. (Maybe slightly contributing.

Best guess is light a bit to intense and a early K deficiency.

What source water, media, temps, humidity, nutrients or other additives are you using?

JulianY413

JulianY413

So my thoughts on possibilities are.

1. Excess calcium. (Possible but unlikely)
2. Very early potassium deficiency. (Leaning this way because tips are pointed up not clawing?
3. Excess nitrogen (plants are a bit darker but not shiny or clawing from what I see)
4. Light burn. (Maybe slightly contributing.

Best guess is light a bit to intense and a early K deficiency.

What source water, media, temps, humidity, nutrients or other additives are you using?
Im not gonna lie I use just tap water, I put jars of water in the tent itself to get the humidity up, the temp is usually anywhere from 50-60 degrees in the tent with a 45-55% humidity, and I haven’t used any nutrients but the soil I use is pro mix biofungicide + mycorrhizae, so that could have something to do with it, and yeah they are mainly at the top of the plant, but some are at the bottom the middle is the place where it isn’t as affected

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im not gonna lie I use just tap water, I put jars of water in the tent itself to get the humidity up, the temp is usually anywhere from 50-60 degrees in the tent with a 45-55% humidity, and I haven’t used any nutrients but the soil I use is pro mix biofungicide + mycorrhizae, so that could have something to do with it, and yeah they are mainly at the top of the plant, but some are at the bottom the middle is the place where it isn’t as affected
Ok this makes sense cool temps as I see the purpling also now slows uptake.

So likely a very early K deficiency and light a bit much for the conditions.

Try to get temps into the 75-80f range or atleast 70.

RH not as much of an issue

What light is it and how close?

JulianY413

JulianY413

Ok this makes sense cool temps as I see the purpling also now slows uptake.

So likely a very early K deficiency and light a bit much for the conditions.

Try to get temps into the 75-80f range or atleast 70.

RH not as much of an issue

What light is it and how close?
What does slows uptake mean? And what does RH mean? And okay I am going to try to get the temp up, and the light I use is a wakyme light on the bloom setting, should I also turn on the veg setting to make the light less harsh? The plant got really tall and I had to raise the light up, do I need to raise it again?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What does slows uptake mean? And what does RH mean? And okay I am going to try to get the temp up, and the light I use is a wakyme light on the bloom setting, should I also turn on the veg setting to make the light less harsh? The plant got really tall and I had to raise the light up, do I need to raise it again?
Driving hit ya back when I get to work.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok always run light with both switches on. I'll look it up and figure out a distance that's a decent place to start. You will prob need to raise it.

RH is relative humidity

Cool temps slow the flow of nutrients through the plant (nutrient uptake) so under higher lighting it may not be getting enough due to the cooler temps. Some nutrients are affected more than others like phosphorous which will show purpling when slightly deficient. Of course there can be other reason for purpling but in this case I'm pretty sure it's the temps.

Plants uptake nutrients that are dissolved in the water passively and through ion exchange. When the temp are low the flow of water is slowed and thus the nutrients also.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How many watts does it say your light is so I can figure out the true wattage because they list them ad equivalent wattage and that's not accurate.

JulianY413

JulianY413

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I lost the papers the light came with and it doesn’t say it on the light itself, but I think I will start feeding it but what do I feed it
That's a loaded question. I prefer dry ferts and use megacrop 2 part. There are plenty but for simplicity a 1 part will be the easiest for you. Something like pure blend pro grow or dyna grow are simple to use and very proven.

Keep things simple on the first grow.

Did you buy off Amazon? Can you look at the history to see which light?

JulianY413

JulianY413

That's a loaded question. I prefer dry ferts and use megacrop 2 part. There are plenty but for simplicity a 1 part will be the easiest for you. Something like pure blend pro grow or dyna grow are simple to use and very proven.

Keep things simple on the first grow.

Did you buy off Amazon? Can you look at the history to see which light?
I looked at its 600W and okay so a Gaia Greene all purpose 4-4- is maybe not as best compared to the pure blend pro grow ?

Top Bottom