Help! First time grower

• Thread starter area51boys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

area51boys

I have just started my homemade hydro growing project and I did not buy any famous seed to plant. I just got a seed out of some reggie i was smoking. Will this still produce high grade bud or at least mid grade? I also want to know how much i can expect my plant to produce. I have a basic deep water culture garden. All Help will be deeply appreciated.

J

jdubz206

fyi, in the future, these Q's would be much better in the Basic Growing forum..i'm sure some1 will move it. if you love the plant and treat it well w/good nutes, you will most likely get a much higher quality plant than some brickweed. i doubt it will be high grade but you never know. i've heard of people getting some nice nugs out of herb that looked horrible. there is no way to predict how much you will yield without knowing some info on the strain.

T

tenacious

Supporter
j-dub is tellin it to you straight. if the best ur startin w/ is grade 'b' seed. then the best you can possibly produce is grade 'b' bud. if you want grade 'A' bud, then start w/ grade 'A' seed.

A

area51boys

Thanks alot. I think im going to go ahead and get some better seeds. But what is the average a hydro plant will put out, like a lb?

S

SenorMota

Thanks alot. I think im going to go ahead and get some better seeds. But what is the average a hydro plant will put out, like a lb?
Well, if you ask a pig a pound a plant. LOL But, we are in the real world. Depends on lighting, the strain, growing method, and skill of grower.

Good luck and the Farm is one heck of a place to buy your beans from. :smiley_joint:

T

tenacious

Supporter
i was able to get more than a lb off one plant, BUT that one plant was grown in a 20 gal. containter.
the plant was growing too tall, so i put it all the way in the back of a walk-in closet. i bent her in half & put a net over her so she could not stand back up straight. i trained her to grow towards the front & fill-in the sides. as spikes would grow-up, they would be pulled back under the net till almost every hole was filled. this took about 4-5 extra weeks. my yield was about 500 grams, but the grow area was 2 m2.
which = 250/m2 :-(
the smoke was good, but the extra veg time took to long.
it would have been much more productive & efficent to grow more plants less tall, in the same amount of space.

O

Old Yeller

Bagseed is practically mandatory for any first time grower to start with. Get familiur with the whole growing process first before you start spending money on expensive genetics. I was lucky and found some Purple Kush in my first try & the weed was only medicore untill i grew it out. Now i have a mother of it in my collection.
Almost everybody has a great story about what they found in plain old bagseeds. I still experiment with bagseed & just recently found a beautiful sativa from some old seeds a friend gave me.
The last thing you need to worry about is how much per plant - more like, how can i grow this plant successfuly to completion...
My 2 cents - OY

Top Bottom