• Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi people

I m 4 weeks into flower my humidity is 75-80%
I'm running just 2x150 led quad boards
Room temp at canopy is sitting about 77-78f
leaf temps reading 76-79 the odd 80f

if I bump my temps up to 80-82f the humidity drops a rad to about 64-66% But my leaf temps are 78-81 ish

Outside the tent the air is 75-76f humidity 75-80%

Are my leaf temps high because of the high Humidity?

I can either upp my room temps
Or
I can use a hps instead or hps&led

Would I be better off upping my room temps to her because the humidity is high?

In was thinking of dunno f room temps 82-85 as it will mach vpd chart better or will this be to hot?

Is it better to ignore how hot the room is and just get the room temps to mach my humidity on the vpd chart?

Anyone know the answers to my nightmare :(

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Teanspiration causes evaporative cooling of the leaves.

So getting humidity lower will aid to lowering leaf temps up to a point.

Add a fan to the room as wind will create forced evaporation and evaporation means cooling... exactly how us humans work. We sweat it evaporates and cools us down. That's how they use the actual temp and feels like temp based on humidity.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Teanspiration causes evaporative cooling of the leaves.

So getting humidity lower will aid to lowering leaf temps up to a point.

Add a fan to the room as wind will create forced evaporation and evaporation means cooling... exactly how us humans work. We sweat it evaporates and cools us down. That's how they use the actual temp and feels like temp based on humidity.
Here's my man :)

I did try a room temp 80-82 nut my leaf temps went up so i have 2 led no heater high Humidity 77 leaf temps where sitting at 78-81 ish

Now iv gnored room temps and Humidity and just set my room temp till leaf reads 75-77 But the coolest I can get my room is 77-78f at canopy and thus Give a me lead temps 76-79 that's the best I can get it beats eaf temps or 78-81

I'm not to worried about mold as inl cant help the humidity as that's the air that comes in my tent at tge moment, i justbtrtijt to make sure the grow the best they can in this environment

Would you say ignoring the environment and just set room temps to get leaf close to 75-77 as possible is best or is this wrong?

Thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here's my man :)

I did try a room temp 80-82 nut my leaf temps went up so i have 2 led no heater high Humidity 77 leaf temps where sitting at 78-81 ish

Now iv gnored room temps and Humidity and just set my room temp till leaf reads 75-77 But the coolest I can get my room is 77-78f at canopy and thus Give a me lead temps 76-79 that's the best I can get it beats eaf temps or 78-81

I'm not to worried about mold as inl cant help the humidity as that's the air that comes in my tent at tge moment, i justbtrtijt to make sure the grow the best they can in this environment

Would you say ignoring the environment and just set room temps to get leaf close to 75-77 as possible is best or is this wrong?

Thanks
Nope imo it's all about leaf temps. I'd say higher than 80 is where you want to watch.

Good airflow and imo 70-80% Rh is not going to cause mold. It's when you have poor airflow and crowded plants you need to worry about it.

Ponky

Ponky

Well if you don't get fungus the plants must not mind.
I have an issue with humidity in my room only when all the plants are getting full and mature at the same time. My solution was to offset the room. Instead of one large harvest its 3 smaller ones. So the canopy average never gets too great. Small medium and large plants. Instead of having plants all grow at the same time. Helps me stay in the 50s.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Well if you don't get fungus the plants must not mind.
I have an issue with humidity in my room only when all the plants are getting full and mature at the same time. My solution was to offset the room. Instead of one large harvest its 3 smaller ones. So the canopy average never gets too great. Small medium and large plants. Instead of having plants all grow at the same time. Helps me stay in the 50s.
Same mate I got small tent 4 plants as the get bigger humidity raises as tonne expected, can be nightmare with humidity this time if year

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

It's been VERY humid in the USA. Unless you run a dehumidifier in your grow room/area you may run into PM, bugs or bud rot.

Run out and buy a dehumidifier, the problem gets sorted.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Need good air flow under over and through out, and try to keep leaves from stacking on each other cuz they'll sweat. I have a four fans in my flower tent not including the exhaust fan/carbon filter lol, a 12 inch oscillating on floor for underneath, a 16 inch oscillating on one end for above canopy that I can raise and lower, and two 6 inch clip ons up top pointed down at an angle. Ive had humidity higher than 80% in there recently but it was in veg still, the ac puked out so it was also 90F yikes! But they came thru and now I have ac again so it's been 75 to 80 degrees and 55 to 65% rh lately.
20210719 124739

Latest posts

Top Bottom