Help for land race strains search

• Thread starter Louris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Louris

Louris

Hey all!
Recently i started my first grow and while i was reading i came uppon the land race strains, like Lamb's Bread, Durban Poison etc. I am very interested in the history of cannabis and i was looking for some seeds of these old strains to cultivte outdoors.
I found this site which claims has original seeds from land race strains, https://therealseedcompany.com/ , do you think it's legit?
Please let me know if you know any site where i could search for these strains.

Thank you

Homesteader

Homesteader

Durban is not exactly a landrace but not to say it isn't a great strain to grow. Much easier than many and good for a beginner IMO. You can find it at Dutch passion. Has some dutch genetics in it but thats what makes it good. The hybrid are easier and better smoke on most occassions. Landrace are fun to read about but really not for the beginner. Lambsbread was a highland Ethopian sativa brought to Pinnacle in Jamaica during the 50s and most of the genetics crossed with Columbian over the years.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

You could try Hindu kush. Its one of my favorite strains to smoke & not hard to grow. It was my choice for my 1st indoor grow last year. They claim its a pure indica landrace strain from the Hindu Kush mountain range. Not sure if its pure landrace like they claim but pretty close to it & fem seeds are reasonably priced.

Louris

Louris

Thank you all for you replies.

The reason i am researching this topic of land race strains (might be a silly reason) is that i remember my grandfather had a garden and produced some tomatoes with a taste, out of this world. He always told me that these tomato seeds came from his parents and past generations and created all this myth around them. I know that maybe this is a halo/placebo effect but i remember smoking a joint some years ago from growers in a village high up the Greek mountains and being instantly amazed about the taste, high effect and while i am overwhelmed by these new hybrid crosses etc i would like to search deeper into the tradition of growing cannabis and the original strains that created them.

I will order some from the sites you suggested but i would like this thread to keep going and more people contributing their knowledge about land race original strains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom