Help! Guerrilla Growing In Tropics

• Thread starter rhasta420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rhasta420

Hello, I live in a tropical climate that has perfect temperatures year round for growing outdoors.

The problem is that the light cycle is 11 and a half to 13 hours a day.

I want to grow guerrilla style.

I want to start the seeds inside then transplanting outside into the ground when they are big enough.

What light cycle should i have them on? 12/12 same as the outdoors?

Will my plants stay in vegetative state since the amount of light per day only varies by about one hour or will they eventually automatically flower when outside?

How big should I grow them inside before moving them outside into the ground.
If I have them at 18/6 light cycle inside how can I prep them to go outside into a 12/12 cycle without them immediately flowering?

Is there a way i can control how long they are in vegetative stage without supplementary light?

Thank you in advance!

SpiderK

SpiderK

u can grow indica strains but you must make them big inside under lights at 17hrs per day ....

but once you put them outside your season ( day light hours ) must be decreasing . the hours per day of sunlight you must figure out your cycle. because if lets say your getting 12 hrs and 30 minutes of sun per day then a week later your getting 12 hrs and 40 minutes of sun the plant can record this information and the plant will think days are going up and will not grow properly, stress out, re - veg or hermie .....

you can grow sativa's in your area and if they are landrace from say ace seeds or snowhigh seeds they will veg for three months then start flower as light cycles do not drive flowering times like indica plants.

can you get genetics local from your area ? anything good ? or are you buying seeds ?

Last edited:
R

rhasta420

u can grow indica strains but you must make them big inside under lights at 17hrs per day ....

but once you put them outside your season ( day light hours ) must be decreasing . the hours per day of sunlight you must figure out your cycle. because if lets say your getting 12 hrs and 30 minutes of sun per day then a week later your getting 12 hrs and 40 minutes of sun the plant can record this information and the plant will think days are going up and will not grow properly, stress out, re - veg or hermie .....

you can grow sativa's in your area and if they are landrace from say ace seeds or snowhigh seeds they will veg for three months then start flower as light cycles do not drive flowering times like indica plants.

can you get genetics local from your area ? anything good ? or are you buying seeds ?

Thank you very much for your response!

Unfortunately I lack space to have them inside. I only have a enough rooms for seedlings or clones.

This is the information on the amount of light per day where i plan to grow http://dateandtime.info/citysunrisesunset.php?id=3624370&month=7&year=2017

I want to grow both indica dominant and sativa dominant plants to do some test and research on how well they grow and how much they will yield.

Personally all the seeds i have bought where i live never seem to germinate and if they do they are week and die.

I was planning on ordering some seeds from barneys, I was thinking that the critical kush auto would most likely thrive in this environment execpt for the lack of 15+ hours of sun.

What do you think?

SpiderK

SpiderK

what city are you near what country ? ( general area ) then i can look at your times from my sun / dark webpage link'

auto's are not great. but like i said nothing will grow great unless your day light times are dropping. but you could grow auto's now and grow the other stuff when your hours are going down. after dec 21's solstice ....

R

rhasta420

what city are you near what country ? ( general area ) then i can look at your times from my sun / dark webpage link'

auto's are not great. but like i said nothing will grow great unless your day light times are dropping. but you could grow auto's now and grow the other stuff when your hours are going down. after dec 21's solstice ....

I am located in The province of Cartago in the country Costa Rica

C

Chillum

Costa Rica has (plus or minus 1/2 hour) 12 hours of sunshine and 12 hours of night each day, with sunrise (about 5:30 AM) and sunset changing only about 15 minutes over the course of the calendar year (remember where we are on the face of the planet — about 10 degrees north of the equator).

Rushoe

Rushoe

Get some female seeds or clones whatever is cheaper for you . I would get them at least foot tall them throw them outside they will still give your a nice lil plant with a few ounces on each since you dont have space to get them bigger inside good luck bro

Top Bottom