Help having some issues

• Thread starter Jon1410
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jon1410

Jon1410

They are both clones first plant posed is a durban poison an second with mag issue is a purple Afghan both had to be reveg when i recieved them they are on 5th week of veg they are in ffof tring to do everything organically they best i can so i have not feed any liquid nutes just what fox farm has in its soil so to start off i wanted to feed them on week 3 by dry amendments with fox farm all purpose 6-4-5 nitro bat guano and worm casting only thing is that i didnt make it on week 3 happened on week 5 i know i messed up the help i need is why are is there not brown color but some kind of spot developing on the durban posion leaves

Help having some issues
Help having some issues 2
Help having some issues 3
Help having some issues 4
Help having some issues 5
NairnM16

NairnM16

What’s your ph? Looks like the start of a ph lockout

dire wolf

dire wolf

Your feed concept is excellent , guano and castings are the best ....
Do you know how to check for mites ?
Is it hot under your light .....

You said you messed up ? Do you mean , because you didnt feed the ?
Because they look well fed , if anything they are overfed , causing some nutrient burn issues

Jon1410

Jon1410

Your feed concept is excellent , guano and castings are the best ....
Do you know how to check for mites ?
Is it hot under your light .....

You said you messed up ? Do you mean , because you didnt feed the ?
Because they look well fed , if anything they are overfed , causing some nutrient burn issues
I messed up on the feed i was trying to make it on week three or four so they dnt run out of nutes yeah it was alil hot had them 8in above canopy ive since moved them up to about 12in yeah they got nutrient burn the first two weeks after transplant have you ever brewed any teas before i have another plant the has a mag deficiency im feeding her with epsom salt to feeding so far and did one florer spray so far

20200220 062721
20200217 065343
Jon1410

Jon1410

Has overall growth been slow?
Ive been slacking on checking the run off i will get a reading tonight its watering day an the grow has seemed to slow a little but seeing the everyday plays tricks lol

NairnM16

NairnM16

Ive been slacking on checking the run off i will get a reading tonight its watering day an the grow has seemed to slow a little but seeing the everyday plays tricks lol
Just remember you get out what you put in,
If you slack the plants slack try maintain perfect conditions nd you’ll find yourself doing less work in the long run and the plants just thrive from the start

Jon1410

Jon1410

Just remember you get out what you put in,
If you slack the plants slack try maintain perfect conditions nd you’ll find yourself doing less work in the long run and the plants just thrive from the start
Yeah i know i wasnt really ready for this run now i have everything just to get this and my other girl fixed

THCMonster

THCMonster

Those spots look like early stages of calcium deficiency
Screenshot 20200222 011545

And the yellow striping on the leaves looks like magnesium deficiency

Screenshot 20200222 011726

Screenshot 20200222 011624

Jon1410

Jon1410

Those spots look like early stages of calcium deficiencyView attachment 943588

And the yellow striping on the leaves looks like magnesium deficiency

View attachment 943589
View attachment 943590
Thank you for the reply the mag problem im fixing by watering with epsom salt they just got their 3rd water with it last night and ok ill start looking for something to give me calcium i thought my tap water would provide enough i get calcium build up on everything you minding taking a look at my run test does that seem normal

THCMonster

THCMonster

Thank you for the reply the mag problem im fixing by watering with epsom salt they just got their 3rd water with it last night and ok ill start looking for something to give me calcium i thought my tap water would provide enough i get calcium build up on everything you minding taking a look at my run test does that seem normal

You mean the 6.5 going in and the 6.1 coming out? If so then yeah thats fine!

I wont recommended your run off coming out no lower then 5.8

Also if the low ph worries you i would recommend amending your soil with dolomite lime, that will actually give you time release Calcium and Magnesium, and it will buffer your PH.

Jon1410

Jon1410

Also if the low ph worries you i would recommend amending your soil with dolomite lime, that will actually give you time release Calcium and Magnesium, and it will buffer your yeah ima go to my hydro store today to pick up some lime and oyster shells i know they both take time to break down do you know what i could add to help with the calcium problem now or wait it out

Also if the low ph worries you i would recommend amending your soil with dolomite lime, that will actually give you time release Calcium and Magnesium, and it will buffer your PH.
yeah the ph going in is 6.5 an runoff is 6.1 an ok ima go to my hydro store today to pick up some lime and oyster shells i know they both take time to break down do you know what i could add to help with the calcium problem now or wait it out have you ever used seaweed

THCMonster

THCMonster

The calcium isnt bad on your plants its hardly in a deficiency some i would just add the lime and oyster shell and wait it out and yeah seaweed or any algae product like kelp extract/kelp meal are great to use! Its a natural PGR and it helps stimulate root production/growth. Either liquid or the soil amendment are great, but try not to use both at the same time. Also if you use the soil amendment kelp meal and mix it into the soil or top dress the soil dont be alarmed if you see a ton of white fungus that looks like mold growing on it after a while! Thats actually highly beneficial. It will look alot like this:

Screenshot 20200219 162414

Jon1410

Jon1410

The calcium isnt bad on your plants its hardly in a deficiency some i would just add the lime and oyster shell and wait it out and yeah seaweed or any algae product like kelp extract/kelp meal are great to use! Its a natural PGR and it helps stimulate root production/growth. Either liquid or the soil amendment are great, but try not to use both at the same time. Also if you use the soil amendment kelp meal and mix it into the soil or top dress the soil dont be alarmed if you see a ton of white fungus that looks like mold growing on it after a while! Thats actually highly beneficial. It will look alot like this:

View attachment 943745
Ok cool thanks for all the information and ok i will keep a eye on trying to do all dry amendments no bottles only to adjust ph unless you know of a different way

THCMonster

THCMonster

Well bottles will only temporarily change the ph of your nutrients, the only way you can change PH long term is through amendments.

Another natural PH up amendment is Potash.

If you dont want to over do the calcium and magnesium from the Lime or Oyster shell then use potash.

Hope this helps

THCMonster

THCMonster

I use coco I prefer 6.00
But normally around 5.95-6.05

Yea but he's not in Coco, he's in FF dirt

6.0 run off is not bad at all but for dirt its on the low end in my opinion... Usually you want to shoot for 6.2-6.5 in soil

But in dirt with organic material it it you should never get the same PH that you feed in as what you get for run off, especially with all the organic material and minerals breakdown over time

Jon1410

Jon1410

Well bottles will only temporarily change the ph of your nutrients, the only way you can change PH long term is through amendments.

Another natural PH up amendment is Potash.

If you dont want to over do the calcium and magnesium from the Lime or Oyster shell then use potash.

Hope this helps
Ok will to be ok to do all three but not a full recommended feed lets say 1/3 strength im on the edge of a nutrient lock out then?

Latest posts

Top Bottom