HELP HELP HELP PLEASE BIG CONCERN GUYS !

• Thread starter CaliforniaHydroIndo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

Have a look at video, what do you think !? I'm confused !? Basically im also wondering if a hermy.plant can cause other plants or portions of the plant to flower ??

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

Damn it so the plant in the back also has herm bud that looks like it pop with dust on leaves..
And another one looks like maybe it was a male this whole time and tricked me ! :( damn it is there a way to de-polonate ?! ;)

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Not really, when you have male pollen around you can have contamination beyond your tent these are pollenated plants the seeds you get from that maybe good if it's 2 different genetics.. I'd finish up the run and make bubble hash with all of that and you'll avoid smoking seeds

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

So there is 4 plants In there... 3 fron seed and 1 is second gen. Clone, last grow was successful so I know it was female.. the seeds were random bag seed, looks like 2 of 1 strain and 1 of another.... not sure what strains though...I have seed on the known good female fron clone lower branch outsides it looks like, can that spread to the top of the nice big buds ??

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

What is best course of action salvagability and financial wise

elduderito

elduderito

So there is 4 plants In there... 3 fron seed and 1 is second gen. Clone, last grow was successful so I know it was female.. the seeds were random bag seed, looks like 2 of 1 strain and 1 of another.... not sure what strains though...I have seed on the known good female fron clone lower branch outsides it looks like, can that spread to the top of the nice big buds ??

From what I understand you can have a second gen (clone) go hermie even though it finished normally the first time.... hermaphroditism traits are most often expressed due to stress (light leaks, extreme temperatures etc.) ...

You can cut away the ball sacks or clip any of the affected branches - but it could keep spreading to the whole plant... you gotta inspect them real often from here on out..... a lot of people just remove the plant completely to cut losses and lower risk

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

My second gen has nice buds up top that I dont want to get messed up.. the plant next to its buds look like this...

Are those seeds in there or pollen sacs ?? How can I spot diff??
How sensitive is the pollen to bud pollinating ???

Will already formed bud with no see get seed ?

20210214 035743
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oh and if I remove most pollen and raise humidity will that help keep??
If you saw pollen dust, damage has already been done. What you don't know yet is how heavily it's seeded. Older buds that are more mature will have less seed than the younger actively growing ones. Misting pollen dust with a sprayer will keep pollen dust from spreading further ... but misting during flowering could become a source for mold or other issues. Bottom line, there will be seeds. How much is what we don't know. Like a previous poster suggested, if it's heavily seeded enough to become a serious issue ... make hash out of it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How do I know which are seed and which are pollen sacs ????
Pollen sacs will only be on male flowers. Seeds will only be inside the calyxes of female flowers. Unfortunately when an otherwise female plant hermies, it can be hard to catch. Those male flowers can sometimes be right in the middle of an otherwise female bud. One male flower dusting is enough to seed a whole crop, although other factors do play into how heavily seeded the crop becomes.

Most experienced growers will remove the hermie as soon as it's noticed regardless of "how female and heavily budded" she otherwise is.

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

Also trying to figure out if these other plants are germs from seed or one of them are male !? Still not done figuring this out .. not sure if grafting an area with one of these unknown caused the seed on cloned plant.. or its pollinated ?? And by which one so I can try to figure out genetics as somehow... lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm not really able to see much of anything in your videos. The camera is too far away for detail and it's moving too fast to really see anything. I'm also not sure how to tell you how badly it's seeded. It's not always easy to tell until seeds are well enough developed to see or feel them forming. Does this mean your crop is necessarily ruined? No ... but you will have to clean out the seeds before you smoke it.

Please take still photos as close up as you can of what you suspect is problematic. This way we can get a better look at things.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My second gen has nice buds up top that I dont want to get messed up.. the plant next to its buds look like this...

Are those seeds in there or pollen sacs ?? How can I spot diff??
How sensitive is the pollen to bud pollinating ???

Will already formed bud with no see get seed ?
All I see here are swelling female calyxes. I'm not seeing hermies in your photo ...

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

Plant a is from bag seed, unknown genetics, here is whole picture

20210214 063814
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

In the first photo I see a maturing female flower still. Some of the calyxes look swollen enough to be seeded but it all looks late flower and that usually isn't going to heavily seed a crop.

I'm pretty sure this is a hermie as there is brown dust on some of the leaves

There is a hermie flower above and to the right of the dusted leaf.

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

How can I tell the difference between herme flower and not ?? . .. before the dust lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How can I tell the difference between herme flower and not ?? . .. before the dust lol
You will see a cluster of balls. Like a small bunch of grapes. Those grapes open up showing a bunch of bananas which is then followed by pollen release. A hermie flower will be predominantly female and may only have a few "bananas" or "balls" showing amidst the female flower cluster. For this reason, I give my plants enough space that I can get in and check them carefully. Otherwise, you have to pull them out of the grow area for inspection.

Flower Diagram

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom