HELP ! High humidity and temps

• Thread starter Mr.Indica47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Indica47

Mr.Indica47

Hey guys, please please please give me some advise as I have a major issue with temp & humidity. In my country temp is 32 Celsius and humidity is 85% 🥵
I’ve placed my 8x6 grow tent in a room which is air conditioned. Now I’ve managed to get the temp down to 25-27. My grow tent pulls in fresh air directly from outside of my home. Hot stale air is also vented directly outside.
My problem is to bring down humidity to 50-60%. Since the tent is constantly pulling in fresh air from outside which 85% my Airconditioner cannot seem to bring down the humidity. If I off the exhaust system I can hit ideal humidity leveled but sacrificing fresh air coming in. Is this okay? Any other solutions? I hope someone has had this problem before and knows a solution 🤗

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys, please please please give me some advise as I have a major issue with temp & humidity. In my country temp is 32 Celsius and humidity is 85% 🥵
I’ve placed my 8x6 grow tent in a room which is air conditioned. Now I’ve managed to get the temp down to 25-27. My grow tent pulls in fresh air directly from outside of my home. Hot stale air is also vented directly outside.
My problem is to bring down humidity to 50-60%. Since the tent is constantly pulling in fresh air from outside which 85% my Airconditioner cannot seem to bring down the humidity. If I off the exhaust system I can hit ideal humidity leveled but sacrificing fresh air coming in. Is this okay? Any other solutions? I hope someone has had this problem before and knows a solution 🤗
Dehumidify the room that the tent sits on. This way it's pulling air in that's at the proper humidity

30roll

30roll

I have this Dehu right inside my 4x8. It does spike the heat a bit when it runs, but the humidity goes right down when it does..

In the winter its way drier around here and I could control it with just airflow..

IMG 20210720 060458680

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have this Dehu right inside my 4x8. It does spike the heat a bit when it runs, but the humidity goes right down when it does..

In the winter its way drier around here and I could control it with just airflow..

View attachment 1149542
That's your problem... your dehumidifying the tent and the air is being pulled out before it hits the plants. It's also a huge contribution to the heat in there.

Take it out and put it in the room the tent is in... try to keep the room closed up so it doesn't have to fight with the whole house.

Put your exhaust fan on max.

30roll

30roll

When it rains. the basement is instantly 70% if I don't have the air conditioning on. That thing would run day and night and never bring it down to where I need it..

I'm emptying the bucket twice a day easy inside the tent..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When it rains. the basement is instantly 70% if I don't have the air conditioning on. That thing would run day and night and never bring it down to where I need it..

I'm emptying the bucket twice a day easy inside the tent..
Does it have a hose attachment? If so just put it up on a 5 gal pail and run the hose there. Empty every couple days.

Honestly it's not good in the tent brother but that's up to you.

Mr.Indica47

Mr.Indica47

Dehumidify the room that the tent sits on. This way it's pulling air in that's at the proper humidity
Also could you please let me know, the room where dehumidifier sits in needs an exhaust in fan ?

karolanne

karolanne

That's your problem... your dehumidifying the tent and the air is being pulled out before it hits the plants. It's also a huge contribution to the heat in there.

Take it out and put it in the room the tent is in... try to keep the room closed up so it doesn't have to fight with the whole house.

Put your exhaust fan on max.
Oooohhhh, I have to place my dehu in the room? Not in the tent? oooohhhh me didn't know that

Mr.Indica47

Mr.Indica47

Nope should be fine. Just the tent will.
Exhaust out will be vented directly outside , and I have an air conditioner vented directly into the grow tent - so my Ac is working over time, this is a sacrifice I have to make yes? I can’t off the exhaust out at any point?

30roll

30roll

No problems with it in the Tent.. My plants are jammin..
Here's the latest pic I just took when the lights came on..
These pics are 5 days apart..

IMG 20210725 061116529

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Exhaust out will be vented directly outside , and I have an air conditioner vented directly into the grow tent - so my Ac is working over time, this is a sacrifice I have to make yes? I can’t off the exhaust out at any point?
Air-condition and dehumidify the room that the twn sits in... so the air going into the tent is conditioned.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok let me explain. Sensor placement is key... so if the placement is not proper your not going to have accurate readings.

If you run ac and dehuey into the tent the air cannot mix well before its sucked out. So while the sensor at the top says it's fine. Inside the plants it's likely not. Bug tents are an exception as it takes much longer to exchange the air.

You want the air that being pulled into the tent to be already conditioned so that you have the entire tent even.

A dehuwy in the tent will be hot by the exhaust. Ac will be colder at the point of input doing this creates uneven environments in the tent.

If it's pulling in preconditioned air then tire tent will be even.

In a small tent there is not enough time for proper air mixing .

It's most important to have good air mixing under and through the plant's as this is where the leaves transpire and where it counts.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Ok let me explain. Sensor placement is key... so if the placement is not proper your not going to have accurate readings.

If you run ac and dehuey into the tent the air cannot mix well before its sucked out. So while the sensor at the top says it's fine. Inside the plants it's likely not. Bug tents are an exception as it takes much longer to exchange the air.

You want the air that being pulled into the tent to be already conditioned so that you have the entire tent even.

A dehuwy in the tent will be hot by the exhaust. Ac will be colder at the point of input doing this creates uneven environments in the tent.

If it's pulling in preconditioned air then tire tent will be even.

In a small tent there is not enough time for proper air mixing .

It's most important to have good air mixing under and through the plant's as this is where the leaves transpire and where it counts.
I actually have mine in the tent and the ac outside of the tent which would contradict my advice above. But my thinking when I set it up was that my tent was considered big. Its a 10x10, is that big enough or do you think I should place it outside still? Your comment on the sensor placement is kind of a concern so thought I would ask if my tent is large enough.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I actually have mine in the tent and the ac outside of the tent which would contradict my advice above. But my thinking when I set it up was that my tent was considered big. Its a 10x10, is that big enough or do you think I should place it outside still? Your comment on the sensor placement is kind of a concern so thought I would ask if my tent is large enough.
You just need the right exhaust fan and the screen vents open in the tent and exhaust outside. Just keep the room it’s in cool and you should never need your other acs. Unless your room doesn’t have an ac. Then I would just fix the problems as to why it doesn’t have an ac and renovate to my specs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom