Help how to perform ScrOG

• Thread starter GrowTheGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowTheGreen

GrowTheGreen

Hi there, first time poster here. So I have never used the ScrOG technique but was thinking of using it this run. This may be a stupid question but do you simply put the net above the plants and just let them grow, or do you have to weave the branches through each section like as they penetrate through. Cheers lads

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Let the plants grow then put the net in and bend the branches under it. I like to bend the branches under multiple times just to make sure everything is even.

GrowTheGreen

GrowTheGreen

Let the plants grow then put the net in and bend the branches under it. I like to bend the branches under multiple times just to make sure everything is even.
(Right sorry about the very rough diagram hope you understand what I mean.) So as they start to grow taller than the ScrOG net you bend the branches back under, rinse, repeat?

Rkf

Rkf

Hi there, first time poster here. So I have never used the ScrOG technique but was thinking of using it this run. This may be a stupid question but do you simply put the net above the plants and just let them grow, or do you have to weave the branches through each section like as they penetrate through. Cheers lads

Yeah I would put it just above the plants. Right before you flip to flower and than use it to bend plants into every square possible to help even out the canopy. That at least is what I have been doing.

You can also do it right before you flip and than push down on the canopy to get the same affect. Never done it this way but have several buddies who have.

Keep in mind if your plants are growing super healthy you will need a second trellis on top to support the top colas. I would instal this after 2 weeks of flower and work it down into the canopy gently about 2/3 inches.

IMG 20210209 WA0001
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Not quite. It's more just bending them and less spiraling.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Yeah I would put it just above the plants. Right before you flip to flower and than use it to bend plants into every square possible to help even out the canopy. That at least is what I have been doing.

You can also do it right before you flip and than push down on the canopy to get the same affect. Never done it this way but have several buddies who have.

Keep in mind if your plants are growing super healthy you will need a second trellis on top to support the top colas. I would instal this after 2 weeks of flower and work it down into the canopy gently about 2/3 inches.
Agreed.

The second scrog is usually more just for support so that the stems don't break from cola weight.

GrowTheGreen

GrowTheGreen

Nice one cheers mate, that makes sense

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
If you want some examples, go through some grow journals on here. There are tons of people scroging.

growsince79

growsince79

I use it during veg only...... always was advised to not use it during flower. And so never have...... not to say it can't be used
I quit about half way through flower. Buds are freakishly dense but don't fall over.

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

Sherbet Queen-SCROG
Lost my pictures from last one but these girls go hugeeeee 😁
20210525 063332
20210512 081630
20210521 192136

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

I tried the weave method when I first started getting into scrog and it works ok but it's very difficult to not create a jungle that crosses over itself everywhere. What I do these days is preplan the structure of the plant. Like let's say you have a 4x4. 6 inch squares. That's 8x8 in squares. What I do in this scenario is mainline or flux whatever they're calling it nowadays top your plant until you get 8 mains in the shape of 2 rows of 4. Do this with 2 plants. Put them side by side so its 2 rows of 8. Make sure they go straight down the middle of your screen, then with an imaginary line split those 2 rows in half and make then go in opposite directions and once they reach the edge of the screen prune it up to where theres 1 branch going through each square and flip. Throw a second support trellis on top after stretch. Lollipop up to first screen and do some top to bottom defoliation to increase light penetration. Then just let her go and watch the magic happen. I know it's a lot to take in at once if you have questions I've got answers ;)

Mugwort

Mugwort

I tried the weave method when I first started getting into scrog and it works ok but it's very difficult to not create a jungle that crosses over itself everywhere. What I do these days is preplan the structure of the plant. Like let's say you have a 4x4. 6 inch squares. That's 8x8 in squares. What I do in this scenario is mainline or flux whatever they're calling it nowadays top your plant until you get 8 mains in the shape of 2 rows of 4. Do this with 2 plants. Put them side by side so its 2 rows of 8. Make sure they go straight down the middle of your screen, then with an imaginary line split those 2 rows in half and make then go in opposite directions and once they reach the edge of the screen prune it up to where theres 1 branch going through each square and flip. Throw a second support trellis on top after stretch. Lollipop up to first screen and do some top to bottom defoliation to increase light penetration. Then just let her go and watch the magic happen. I know it's a lot to take in at once if you have questions I've got answers ;)

Mugwort

Mugwort

I am just getting ready to flip my plants in about a week. This is my fourth grow and consists of 3 different strains. One plant is a couple of weeks ahead of the other two (owing to seed popping problems) and seems to grow twice as fast. They seem to grow differently as well. Anyway,I WANT TO ACHIEVE A UNIFORM LEVEL CANOPY. I Probably should have started out with all three being same strain...well, I’m learning. I’m finding out the hard way that the four poles of the tent are not enough to anchor net. I broke a main post-top branch a few days ago trying to weave it under net. Although visibly broke it still seems to be feeding its tops. Anyway looking for an experienced scrogger to take a gander at the pic and make some suggestions. Probably first thing is to tighten up net.
073355D2 97B8 4F0A 9723 9C9C53906EEF

9AF2EBAC 7AB0 4D93 A13B E836B593A13B
FCF3116F 70A4 4CF9 A70B 248CCD5973F6
Top Bottom