HELP!! Humidity problems

• Thread starter Herbaholic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Herbaholic

Hi all can someone help us out my ladies been 12/12 for 6 days now and every morning when i go in my growtent the humidity is sky high. Anyone know why this is happening? literally the inside walls of the tent are wet with condensation Helllllllllllllllllp

F

FastForward

Big temperature changes can cause condensation....hot air holding lots of water cools down, water condenses out.....e.g. if it's hot inside, cold outside.... do you have an external wall backing onto your growroom?

Also, check your ventilation....I clicked my external vent off by accident, came back 2 hours later and found the walls dripping as you did...check all vents...

H

Herbaholic

Hi mate will this ruin my crop with humidity levels this high?. Never had this problem in veg it's just happened since flowering

F

FastForward

How high is high? For vegging higher humidity is a good thing (40-70%) but for flowering is bad (60-70+) because it can cause bud rot and all kinds of bad things.

H

Herbaholic

it's around 67% which i know is much to high still can't understand why theirs so much moisturre what am i going to do?

F

FastForward

Mine's been up that high...I've not panicked about it yet and mine are 50 days into flower (i.e. nearly done). If it goes above 70-75 for long periods then I'd start to panic, but I'm not seeing any ill effects yet.

My plan is to re-route my input so that it comes into the room first, and then into the tent, rather than straight in from outside (good in the summer, bad in the winter). This way the room buffers the heat and therefore affects rh.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
How big are the plants? What is the difference between your high and low temperatures over 24 hours? You may need a dehumidifier or insulation. You'll need to answer the questions if you want some help.

H

Herbaholic

Here is one of the plants the height's around 12 inches
temp when lights on 24c to 26c temp when lights out is about 18 19c. In the morning humidity is around 70% then gradually drops throughout the day

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
You asked for it, here's a bunch of ??'s for you :D

Does it get down to 40-50% during the light cycle? Do you have a standard oscillating fan in the tent? Do you have a proper exhaust fan setup? What point in the cycle are you watering?

I've got more if need be, but one of those holds the answers I think.

BTW: That plant looks great!

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
When your lights go out are you letting your blower and fan run still ? Seems like your not drawing the air out and this is what causing the problem or your dumping vented air back into the room .

H

Herbaholic

Hi guys humidity never goes down to 40-50% always 60 plus this is a budget cfl grow got no intake or exhaust just 2 ocsillatin fans and i usually water in the day time.:(

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
You need exhaust ASAP. Passive intake will work just fine but the exhaust will be crucial. Consider a 6 inch inline duct fan from a hardware store if you don't have the money to spend. Last one I got was $20 and $5 for a cord to wire it up for an AC wall plug.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Exhaust and I promise your humidity will drop .

H

Herbaholic

Hi mate will not be able to do it on this grow got nowhere to run the exhaust to. How much do those rvk intakes cost to run?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi mate will no be able to do it on this grow got nowhere to run the exhaust to
If you're in a tent exhaust it right into the room you're growing in (another room or outside would be ideal of course). It will still fix the problem.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
you need to figure out a way to do something because when your buds start to pack on weight you will get mold on your buds and all your hard work will be wasted

H

Herbaholic

If i exhaust in the same room the tent's in won't it stink out that room?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
If you're not scrubbing the tent with a carbon filter it's gonna stink anyway bro.

Zoo's spot on: you're going to have mold and might as well not waste the electric growing if you're not going to exhaust.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Carbon filters are made to connect to exhaust fans and sit inside the tent. That way your exhaust fan pulls the air in the tent through the filter and kills the stank.

DIY carbon filters are not tough to build but usually an inline duct fan, as I described, will not be strong enough to create negative pressure when a filter is attached. That's not always the case but nothing sucks more than buying any piece of equipment that gathers dust cause it doesn't work as expected.

Top Bottom