Help! I broke my main stem

• Thread starter Farmergurl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmergurl

Farmergurl

I was transplanting my pink zombie to a bigger pot and it fell on its head. 75% of the main stem broke off about 25% from the bottom (basically the whole plant). I have it attached back together, but I'm wonder is it worth trying to save it or should I try to make clones (i haven't jad much luck with clones).

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

If it didn’t break completely you should be able to put a splint on it. Popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners works well or the green tie tape. Basically anything that breathes to tie them on. Put in shade or raise/dim your lights till it recovers. If it’s too big for popsicle sticks small bamboo stakes works well. Just check the ties often so it doesn’t cut into it. Good luck. We like pics. 😁

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

Cannabis plants are extremely resilient. Put it together, wrap a little tape around her and she should recover.

Can you post a couple pictures so we can see?

Farmergurl

Farmergurl

If it didn’t break completely you should be able to put a splint on it. Popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners works well or the green tie tape. Basically anything that breathes to tie them on. Put in shade or raise/dim your lights till it recovers. If it’s too big for popsicle sticks small bamboo stakes works well. Just check the ties often so it doesn’t cut into it. Good luck. We like pics. 😁
Thanks. New here. I will try and upload pics

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

No problem. The quicker you can fix them the better and if it has wilted the most important thing will be reducing the light intensity to let in recover. Even a shade cloth will do the trick if they are too big to move.

Farmergurl

Farmergurl

I was transplanting my pink zombie to a bigger pot and it fell on its head. 75% of the main stem broke off about 25% from the bottom (basically the whole plant). I have it attached back together, but I'm wonder is it worth trying to save it or should I try to make clones (i haven't jad much luck with clones).

20210704 132258
20210704 132301
20210704 132307
Farmergurl

Farmergurl

Cannabis plants are extremely resilient. Put it together, wrap a little tape around her and she should recover.

Can you post a couple pictures so we can see?
That plant jas beem through a lot. Im surprised it has made it this far. It was in the ground and my neighbour flooded my yard and drowned all my plants. Its just making a comeback now. And then i flipping dropped it.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I think she’ll recover. Watch her to make sure she don’t wilt. I’d drape a thin white sheet over it from that stick if it does. Or shade if u can move it. Looks like you got it though. Your soil looks very rich be careful not to overwater it as well

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Actually if you had to dig it out of the ground I’d try to get some shade on it till the leaves perk up a bit just to be safe because I’m sure some roots got cut and that can shock a plant pretty good.

Farmergurl

Farmergurl

I think she’ll recover. Watch her to make sure she don’t wilt. I’d drape a thin white sheet over it from that stick if it does. Or shade if u can move it. Looks like you got it though. Your soil looks very rich be careful not to overwater it as well
Thank you. I can move it to the shade. I was repotting when it broke. So that soil i just mixed in a little manure and some work castings.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Thank you. I can move it to the shade. I was repotting when it broke. So that soil i just mixed in a little manure and some work castings.
Next time around throw in 20 or 30 percent perlite for drainage. Hope it makes it. Let’s us know how it turns out.

Farmergurl

Farmergurl

Next time around throw in 20 or 30 percent perlite for drainage. Hope it makes it. Let’s us know how it turns out.
Thank you so much. I have perlite, but I got the miracle growing brand and people told me not to use it. Also next year I plan on using the promix HP soil.
Learning as I go. You've been a great help

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Thank you so much. I have perlite, but I got the miracle growing brand and people told me not to use it. Also next year I plan on using the promix HP soil.
Learning as I go. You've been a great help
Happy to help. Promix hp with myco is excellent it’s what I use and is nearly impossible to over water outside.

Top Bottom